European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back on the 30/500s and feel surprisingly woolly after a couple, it will never last

I done 250mg solpadeine CWE last week and felt good. The weekend I done 200mg of dihydrocodone and felt nothing. Is that strange ?

Not especially strange. Opies don't really smack you in the face (other than strong opies anyway - smack is called smack for a reason). They're pretty subtle for the most part. Can easily go unnoticed at relatively low doses unless you are familiar with the effects.

Also, everybody has a different level of natural tolerance. My natural tolerance happened to be very low. 60mg of codeine would give me a nice lil buzz when I first started using. Suffice to say it wouldn't now. If 250mg of codeine is your sweet spot at the moment then that's what it is.

Might also be worth bearing in mind that codeine tends to be more buzzy than DHC cos of all the histamine stuff. You don't get half as much of that with DHC so although it's a fair bit more potent it doesn't necessarily feel that way if you're expecting a codeinated effect.

You could. Although it does sound like it's mostly the histamine action you're thinking of as the "feeling good" part and you get that from codeine alone so there's really no need to add DHC on top of it. Some opiates are more heavy on the histamines than others and codeine is especially big on histamine, DHC much less so. Why take a stronger opiate if it doesn't produce the effects you are enjoying? Keep it cheap and simple, I say. Just get yourself some generic co-codamol pills (branded ones are insanley overpriced - don't see why anybody would buy them) and enjoy the itchiez :)

Why take a stronger opiate if it doesn't produce the effects you are enjoying?

Exactly. There really isn't much point jumping the gun and using stronger opiates immediately when you can still get a buzz you like from codeine :)
I mean I started using smack when I could probably still get high from like 250mg codeine but because of that my tolerance has sky-rocketed and those days are long-gone. And I have to say, getting high off codeine was considerably less of a hassle.

(although if Shambles is right and it's the histamine release you enjoy, please explain, because I don't understand how anyone could enjoy that 8( )

I actually think it's quite common for people to equate an opiate buzz with histamine release as they're often tied together. Histamine feels more "druggy" in a way - gets you all warm and buzzy. Obviously massive histamine releases can drive you nuts but I've always rather liked a bit of itch with me opies. I only take an antihistamine if I'm taking a hefty dose of codeine cos it really does feel less "druggy" without the itchiez.

Aah okay, I see what you mean. When you said histamine release I was picturing the full-on itching war, which is really everything but pleasant :p

When I was heavily abusing codeine in ways I really shouldn't have been (thankfully since enlightened as to the dangers via the medium of BL:) I used to love the histamine release. Even though I'd scratch myself to shreds with it. There are posts of mine dotted around and about various forums praising the joys of massive codeinated histamine releases. At the time I really couldn't seperate the histamine effects from the opioid effects. Still inextricably linked in my mind really. Although I can't be doing with heavyheavy histamine release any more.

Haha really? Well I like having some itchiness just because of the druggy effect, as you said, but now I take doses that usually leave me wanting to tear my skin off so it's not so nice anymore :|

Tear you skin off doses were very much my domain, Pagey. Was IVing 1g codeine hits several times daily. Horribly dangerous in hindsight but certainly gives a boy his histamine fix 8o

IV'ing codeine?! Yeah I thought the histamine release was supposed to kill you? Kay yeah you probably know far more about itchiness torture than I do then *bows*

Up the dose a bit and you will :D

Pagey: Ya. Is a horrible idea but was doing it for years on and off before finding out it was a horrible idea on here. For those of us not brought up in the information age it's amazing how we survived given how insanely dangerous some of the stuff people with no reall access to HR info get up to :\

You couldn't pay me to take diphenhydramine recreationally but some people like to take such things to potentiate opiates. I prefer to just take more opiates. It's not like codeine costs anything.

Up the dose a bit and you will :D

Pagey: Ya. Is a horrible idea but was doing it for years on and off before finding out it was a horrible idea on here. For those of us not brought up in the information age it's amazing how we survived given how insanely dangerous some of the stuff people with no reall access to HR info get up to :\

Yeah, seriously, I'm amazed you got away with it! Don't IV codeine + do CWEs are probably the two most helpful things I've learned on this website.

If you do a large dose, say 400mg will it make a lot of difference then say 250mg. I guess everyone is different. :)

It will certainly make a difference. Have an antihistamine on hand. Trust me on this ;)

NSFW:
It will certainly make a difference. Have an antihistamine on hand. Trust me on this ;)

Hi, new here but have used these forums for information for quite a long time.

Just wanted to say that i have zero opiate tolerance and i took 500mg of Codeine phosphate hemihydrate in the form of 10x50mg Codien Knoll pills (switzerland) and i have no itchiness at all, some slight tickling feelings if anything. I am lying here in a cashmere sweater feeling like i am in a warm fuzzy cloud. I took 300mg to begin with and didn't feel much so just took the rest.

Is the hmihydrate something that takes the itchiness away? Or am i just naturally lucky?

Thanks for all the info guys.

(P.s. i love reading all the combinations of drugs you guys take, i find it hilarious - it also makes me feel very normal haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.