• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Lower Back Ache From Adderall / Amphetamine

Stopping the amps and taking 'dones helps my back out the most, vics dont help my back, norcos dont either..

Yes, those are the first things I considered. But even when I am very cognizant of my posture, diet, vitamins, exercise, etc., I still have the same problem.

Have you tried stretching on a regular basis throughout the time you are on Adderall?

^It does help a lot, I also find that taking magnesium supplements help with amphetamine-induced muscle tension.

When you're on stimulants, do you pay attention to your water intake? Sometimes I get low back pain from dehydration, and I know that I definitely used to get dehydrated when I did Adderall and stuff like that.

dehydration makes the tension pains like 10X worse.
and its easy to forget to about staying hydrated.

bump this thread up!! i've been dealing with lower back/ which progressed to shoulders, then neck. Tones of "Cracks and aches"

try not to "crack" or pop your back. Do Yoga, or a good streching routine. Job 1 mile at least three times a week. sleep on a harder mattress (or none at all). EAT AND DRINK!

I believe that adderall tenses your muscles up, but mostly if you don't eat your body starts "digesting" itself which is fine at first; then leads to horrible joint/back/muscle pain.

your central nervous system is sending you a message "slow down, your pushing me to hard"

I too became a massive pill popper to deal with the pain / comedown of adderall for many years. Most effective treatments are obviously opiates; but they only cover the pain.

Clonazepam is perfect cause it shuts down a little of the stimulation; but you're still "high"

also Gabapentin or lyrica are some of my favorites.

Soma will do the job for awhile.

And marijuana helps but I actually think it makes it worse in the long-run

take less adderall, and work out a lot more often =- for most ppl this should be a good solution

^Looks like you just did bump it up but I'll help you out because (as you probably noticed) I have the same issue.

Benzos, specifically muscle relaxing ones, diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, others.

Opiates/Opioids, duh...along with NSAIDs, they do make a big difference. Naproxen (Aleve) is by far the best.

Taking magnesium oxide supplements has made a noticeable difference for both me and my girlfriend (she suffers from the same issue, only much much worse).

Cyclobenzaprine, which is a muscle relaxant after all, makes about as much of a difference, if not more, than clonazepam does.

Yeah I need to re-try the cyclobenzeprine. Here in San Diego , mexico is a twenty min drive. 20 dollars for a bottle of 200. haha. But I hated it when I tried to take like 5 my first time (i was 17 oK!!)

ANYWAYS - - - Here is my adderall supplementation .... I drink 4-5 arizona green tea cans a day. 500 mgs of 5-htp, 1000mg taurine or dl-phenelalanine, SAM-E (by far the most efffective for long term pain managment) , I also take b-12 shots in my ass (when I get the vitamin from the vet, its sorta expensive)

Oh and a lot of Piracetam and Hydergine.

but the pain persists. . . . its your body letting your brain know that your "pushing" to hard.

find balance. find natural stimulation to "enhance" a lowered adderall dosage.

Live long and prosper.

not really ^ it works OK sunlingually; it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier so well either of those routes. Swallow B vitamins makes your pee really yellow and sweet smelling---- you're basically just peeing them out.

my doc used to give me the shots in the ass for like 15 bux a pop... then he hinted around about the veterinary route since its difficult for him to allow me the inject myself at home (he didn't feel comfortable with that notion)

I see, I was aware that oral/sublingually wasn't very effective but I guess it's not effective at all :\

I'm still sort of confused, you have a veterinarian inject you in the ass instead of your doc? haha

^no i do it.... it hurts my butt a little. I just use insulin syringes. And I get it for horses.... so you have to compute the correct dossage.

I've noticed that after 1 or 2 days of moderate adderall use (20-60mg daily) my lower back is sore. Anyone know what the cause of this is (I'm thinking kidneys perhaps?)

This happens to me every time I do adderall. I think its hypertension, and I think the levo-amphetamine causes more than the dextro. I don't know that for certain, but dextro-methamphetamine gives me far less muscle aching than adderall.

This happens to me every time I do adderall. I think its hypertension, and I think the levo-amphetamine causes more than the dextro. I don't know that for certain, but dextro-methamphetamine gives me far less muscle aching than adderall.

I agree, I think the levoamphetamine pretty much only serves to cause side effects and does little to nothing to help out the dextroamphetamine's effects.

I'm actually suffering from some Adderall-induced lower back pain right now :(

I agree, I think the levoamphetamine pretty much only serves to cause side effects and does little to nothing to help out the dextroamphetamine's effects.

I'm actually suffering from some Adderall-induced lower back pain right now :(

Yeah. I feel like it makes the overall experience feel a bit more physically stimulating (not a good thing imo) which makes the high more apparent. Maybe this is why they put it in?

Bump
I get this too .

I recently used adderall for 3 days straight for exams. I didn't want to , but it helps so I did .... The first time I've touched another drug except pot in 2 years .
After the 3days I've noticed my lower back is hurting and bending down or picking up something seems to make it worse . However leaning back doesn't hurt or make it worse ...

Anyone have any clue on this lol . Hope it isn't serious

Having never tried amps, I get this from LSD, in my neck and lower back, presumably from the stimulant body load. Ugh, I'm definitely taking a quality (chelated) Magnesium supplement next time.

I think the back pain from amphetamine is usually caused by muscle tension. However, angina pectoris could be a possiblility, being that amphetamine is a potent vasoconstrictor.

ErgicMergic said:
Would taking low-dose (80mg) aspirin help at all with this?
Aspirin is more for preventing clots, angina from amphetamines would be more likely from constricted arteries, not necessarily from plaque, although if it's just muscle tension regular dose aspirin might help . The usual treatment for angina is nitrates(amyl nitrite=D, nitroglycerin) or beta-blockers(which should never be mixed with stimulants). If a drug is causing problems, it is best to discontinue it rather than use more drugs to fix the side effects, first you'll take aspirin to counteract the pain of amphetamines, then you take antacids, then you'll take some else to counteract the antacid, this is how people end up on 10 different drugs, with side effects from all of them.

What kind of amphetamines do you take(e.g.Dexedrine, Adderall, Methamphetamine, MDMA, DOM). Is it for medical reasons or to get high?

I find that caffeine or nicotine exacerbates amphetamines' side effects, do you smoke or drink caffeinated bevarages?

Aspirin is more for preventing clots, angina from amphetamines would be more likely from constricted arteries, not necessarily from plaque, although if it's just muscle tension regular dose aspirin might help . The usual treatment for angina is nitrates(amyl nitrite=D, nitroglycerin) or beta-blockers(which should never be mixed with stimulants). If a drug is causing problems, it is best to discontinue it rather than use more drugs to fix the side effects, first you'll take aspirin to counteract the pain of amphetamines, then you take antacids, then you'll take some else to counteract the antacid, this is how people end up on 10 different drugs, with side effects from all of them.

What kind of amphetamines do you take(e.g.Dexedrine, Adderall, Methamphetamine, MDMA, DOM). Is it for medical reasons or to get high?

I find that caffeine or nicotine exacerbates amphetamines' side effects, do you smoke or drink caffeinated bevarages?

Oh, I meant for muscle aches due to vasoconstriction. If you scroll up, you'll see I've never dosed amps, but I get this problem from high doses of LSD, usually from 2 hits or more. I take beta blockers now, I wasn't physically dependent on them my last trip, so I'll be careful with dosing it now. AFAIK, if you dose a beta blocker before you're stimulated, you should be fine. It's when you're already stimulated that it can cause risk of stroke iirc.

I get the drug side effect argument, but my monthly dosing of LSD is rare enough to not worry about that.

Caffeine is never ingested while I'm on LSD, and I don't use nicotine. I think these aches are definitely due to vasoconstriction, like you pointed out, since smoking cannabis eases them (vasodilator). It's not that big a deal, it's just after the peak when my neck and back start to ache, pretty badly, seriously distracting me from my trip. It's bad enough for me to consider dosing Kratom, but I never do since doing addictive drugs during tripping might engrain them in to our thought patterns, since the brain's plasticity is pretty high during a psychedelic experience; I've broken addictions with LSD.