• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Shooting Heroin in a Hand Vein

OmarLittle

Bluelighter
Is shooting heroin in a vein on the top of my hand safe? I'm having trouble shooting anywhere else and the veins on my hand are bulging and look like the best area to do it.

The veins on the top of my hand are really really visable, and look like the easiest place to hit. Has anyone else done this?

Note: I'm new to IVing and have messed up a couple shots on my inner arm, so I wanna give them a rest for a couple days and try and use the hand if it is safe. I'm just having a problem with my injection technique and could use some advice.
Alot of the time a stick it in, and have a hard time keeping it in while I register blood.

ALL that aside, Is it ok to shoot in the veins on the top of my hand?

I don't have any advice as i don't IV myself personally, BUT i do have friends who would only use the top of their hands so i can assure you that it works and i don't see why it would be any worse than any other veins. Hope i helped a littlle. %)

Shooting into the top of your hand is as safe as anywhere, except for the fact that the veins are much smaller, thus the risk of slipping or missing is much higher.

Make sure you push the plunger down much more slowly to account for the size of the veins. And don't use the same vein over and over, you'll get some nasty scars that are a lot more noticeable than they are on other places on your body.

As for advice, the veins in your hand are much closer to your skin surface, so you have to angle it much closer to parallel with your hand than you would with your arm. The big risk is jabbing right through the vein.

When I sued to IV i hit my hand all the time. Just rotate spots to avoid nasty scars that are really noticeable and never go away. I have a full sleeve on my left arm so I always shot through my tattoo and I have no visible track marks because of it. Just be careful im lucky I quit when I did.

i've never used my hands but i can imagine they would be a little more delicate to hit than the top of the fore arm and crook of my elbow where i'm used to hitting. the dorsal veonous network's main vein and cephallic vein look like theyre the easiest to hit in my opinion. the veins on the hand are smaller in size than the the inner elbow and very close to the surface so they're going to roll a little easier and you're going to want to have a steady hand so you don't go poking through.

have a look at some of the injecting guides that are linked in the directory and mega threads stickies. heres a pic to refer you to the vein networks
injectionC.jpg

its a little more tender and delicate of a procedure, but it works fine. just be careful. if you're shaky I wouldn't recommend it really. but leftwing's image there is a good road map so to speak. I'd hit the cephalic vein if I were in your position.

The cephalic vein was always my fav when i had those little 1/3cc syringes. I have to admit, hitting on the tops of your hands hurts like hell. The cephalic not so much, its actually pretty painless. I overused the one on my left hand but i can still get at my right if i needed to.

it is safe to shoot in your hand, I did it many times ,but these veins roll and you have to be extra careful not to miss- it will heart if you do.when inject do it very slowly and make sure you register by pulling the plunger and observing blood coming out of the vein. good luck

Wow thanks for the wealth of information, really helpful.

I am skinny and have low bodyfat %, so my arms have lots of veins to choose from, but the ones on my inner elbow joint aren't that visable. Are the veins on my inner forearm ok to use?

The vein on the top of the bicep looks like a good injection site too, has anyone used that one with good results?

I'm new to shooting and if someone could link the "shooting/injecting/IV" thread that would be very helpful to me.

Also, does anyone know where to find those rubber ties, like they use in the hospital? Do they sell those at the pharmacy?

I have shot in my hand, forearm, and crook of my arm. The only reason I haven't shot in my bicep is because I can't see the vein very well. I have seen others hit there.

Also, does anyone know where to find those rubber ties, like they use in the hospital? Do they sell those at the pharmacy?
belt will work just as good if not better as rubber tie

I also used to have problems finding veins in my forearm. I'd do my the back of my hands, try to get a big one on my inner wrist, or do certain places on my chest (I'm a girl.) I wouldn't recommend these places to anyone as being safe; I'm just saying that I did it and am not dead.

I've pushed in my wrist before. A bit difficult, but hit it with a smaller length needle.

i always go for that big long vien on the top of my fore arms mostly the right, it's easy and painless and it doesn't bruise as easy or badly.

i always use new or nearly new needles and where i hit jus looks like there may have been and old pimple scar, very unnoticed.

good luck, think safety

The hand veins roll around a lot and are easy to miss. Make sure you register and if it starts to really sting you are outside the vein most likely.

Not a good place for a novice to start, esp. if you can't hit the crook of your elbow.

Be safe. If you can find someone to show you how.

you can do it, its just harder to hit it cause the veins like to move around on ur hand

Ive been Doing heroin for 10 years . Ive only been banging herion (Slamming) for about 5 1/2 years . I know everything there is to know about mainlining any drug ... So when i tell you that you can use ANY vein that draws blood in your body Its because ive used every vein in my body and i know its safe . The problem with useing your hand ISNT that the vein rolls or that its small . The problem is only if you miss . When banging heroin especially is only if you miss . So make sure when your mainlining (Useing a vein and not a muscle) heroin You re-register about 3 times befor you put it all the way in . For instance . If your outfit (Needle) Is a 1CC 30 gauge needle That means that your needle width is a 30 gauge and the amount of liquid you can hold in the needle is 1CC Alot of people think that the numbers on the side of a needle represent 1cc per number . Thats ABSOLUTELY wrong . Anyways back to topic. If you have 50 units of Heroin/Water in your rig (needle) first register (Pull the needle back to check if your in the vein) Push in about 15-20 units , Check again for blood , Push in about 15-20 more , Check again then Push the rest in . NOW its not over yet . To prevent heroin from gettin out of the vein you need to "Jack off the rig" Which means after all the dope is in your arm Just Pull a little blood out and push it back in . This helps keep your vein and skin in good condition .
Also you need to make sure to tie off befor Pokin yourself (EVen if you dont have to) . This will keep your vein alive and usable . You only loosen your belt when you start to push your dope into your vein . DOnt loosen it too fast because your needle might 1) COme out of your vein or 2) Poke threw the other side . Also if your useing your hand its a good idea to hold your hand up afterwords and shake it a little to get the blood pumping (This isnt mandatory but i recomend it)
Have fun!

Wow thanks for the wealth of information, really helpful.

I am skinny and have low bodyfat %, so my arms have lots of veins to choose from, but the ones on my inner elbow joint aren't that visable. Are the veins on my inner forearm ok to use?

The vein on the top of the bicep looks like a good injection site too, has anyone used that one with good results?

I'm new to shooting and if someone could link the "shooting/injecting/IV" thread that would be very helpful to me.

Yes , Actually Almost every vein in my body is gone Except a few in my hands and the one that goes from my elbow to my hand on the inner side of my forearm . It was hard for me to hit at first but with some practice its actually very easy , The bad part about this location is that the skin there is much more tough then the skin in your ditchs or your hands (Ditchs - the little areawhere your forearm and bicep meet) .. My ditchs have been shot out for like 4 and a half years lOl ... The ties are called ... Umm i cant spell it .. Its something like turnaquit Its pronounced Turn-a-kit .. Lol im chewing a 100 mcg fentanyl patch right now .. Lols You can PM me or AIM me if you have anymore questions
AIM - Diluted10x