• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Shooting Heroin in a Hand Vein

^There is an artery in your wrist on the inside, near where your thumb meets the wrist. Turn you hand over and put your fingers on your wrist, and you'll feel your pulse. That is where the artery is. If you hit an artery with your syringe, the force of the blood will shoot up into your syringe, sometimes even without registering. Arterial blood is also really bright red. Shooting into an artery is not good at all. It hurts like hell and can cause massive complications. You are lucky that you recovered without medical attention.

Also I have never heard of a "negative" vein.. These "old timers" were just spewing un-educated bullshit, like most other drug users you'll come across.

They probably meant an artery and used negative as slang. Makes sense since they move blood away from the heart.

When I use to bang Ketamine I used the veins in between my toes lol... worked like a charm xD

edit... and i just got curious and just read now that IVing Ketamine is extremely dangerous to your health... I wish I knew that earlier... You're supposed to IM it...

Last edited:
i remember missing a couple of times and my hand literally transformed completely!a huge bright-white bump formed and the rest of the hand turned as red as Danny Bonaduce's head.it also brought me a burning feeling.

everytime the bump and the discomfort dissapearred after 45 minutes or so.

p.s. from the inside of your hands,right where the wrist meets the palm and to the thumbs side there are some veins also.I once spiked one of them and when i drew some blood my syringe filled with it.so i went on and pressed a good amount inside.my hand swallowed like a ballon and the pain was the worst i have ever experienced in my life.for about 3 to 5 minutes i was screaming like a bitch.I dont know what the case was but some old timers told me that i hit a "negative" vein.anyone knows anything about this situation?it was worse than hell

It sounds like you hit an artery. Arteries carry blood to the extremities, whereas veins carry blood away from the extremities.

i just got curious and just read now that IVing Ketamine is extremely dangerous to your health... I wish I knew that earlier... You're supposed to IM it...

I doubt that is true. I have IV'd ketamine plenty of times.

when i was into shooting coke i had to use my hands because my other sites were poor. one time i missed a large coke shot and my hand swelled up like a balloon

Ha!ha!~

Done that one before. My right wrist and hand are completely frozen now.

Gets to be a drag when it gets to the point of using your hands IMO.

As mentioned...rotate sites.

u need to know what u doing to do it that way but i used to do it when i was living that life its easier if u got big veins there..be careful tho if u do it alot ya hands can look bad

i used to be able to shoot in my hands when i first learned to IV but with short tips but now i use 1/2" tips and i tend to go through them since they're so close to the skin, and sometimes i cant even see my hand veins and other times they're bulging out and i say i wish i had a loaded rig right now lol.

Is shooting heroin in a vein on the top of my hand safe? I'm having trouble shooting anywhere else and the veins on my hand are bulging and look like the best area to do it.

The veins on the top of my hand are really really visable, and look like the easiest place to hit. Has anyone else done this?

Note: I'm new to IVing and have messed up a couple shots on my inner arm, so I wanna give them a rest for a couple days and try and use the hand if it is safe. I'm just having a problem with my injection technique and could use some advice.
Alot of the time a stick it in, and have a hard time keeping it in while I register blood.

ALL that aside, Is it ok to shoot in the veins on the top of my hand?

If your doin handshots cos your veins are gone its way past time to quit, Man, there are methadone clinics just about everywhere scag is, go to one detox and stay off. If your dope is so bad that your shootin it, instead of smokin it, dont even take a chance, get off, all that mix is shit. Goodluck, you can do it!

help im so confused

so i shot into my hand a couple of times and it went smoothly but this time i shot into my hand pulled back there was blood pushed very slowly it didnt hurt at all half way i pulled back again to check still blood came in so i pushed the rest of it in when i was done it looked like there was a circle in my vein it was the exact color of the rest of my vein (i can see the veins in my hand very clearly with out tying) but anyways it doesnt hurt what so ever but why would there be like a circle in my vein did maybe the stuff i pushed in get stuck so it enlarged my vein with a little circle or what cause it doesnt hurt at all but it is just very weird please someone tell me what happened

you may have blown a vein without realizing it. regardless,wash your hand well-keep it clean. apply heat and pressure to help the dope easily seep into your body w/o complications,such as abscesses. it sounds like a minor case-not to downplay your experience. I was a long time IV user and I know how scary this can be- maybe a good reason to switch your ROA. Here is a link to proper IV techniques.Harm Reduction: Just bc I have had a love affair w/ the needle does not mean that I recommend or advocate IV drug use- however,if you are going to do it,so it properly. PLEASE check out the following link below and make sure you are using proper and safe IV techniques. Take it easy-it will be ok-remeber,heat and pressure-like a washcloth pressed to affected area while under running hot water-and by hot as hot as you can stand it w/o causing your self more harm.
BE safe and STAY safe.

Much peace and love................skillz <3

Injection; IV Complications and Information MEGATHREAD and FAQ II - show me the blood

SERIOUSLY...check out the link above-complete w/ pictures of hands and map of veins w/ in-complications,how to avoid them and what to do in the event of various complications.

is it harmful if u over shot ur vein and the area around that vein turns blue and swells a little bit? what should i do?

If you've blown the vein pushing into it too fast the immediate area around it might well feel unusually firm, like there's pressure there cos of the blood leaking into the surrounding tissues, and the blue colour again is likely just deoxygenated blood in the tissue. It'll probably turn into a normal bruise pretty quickly. The vein will repair itself so long as you let it be and don't shoot into it again for a while.

I'm assuming you shot into a hand as you've posted on this thread? Hands and feet are the worst places to go, cos the veins are so small the blood flow is insufficient to carry away the shot unless you really trickle in, making them easy to blow. They're also about the most painful IME. Avoid using if at all possible.

Just did my first self IV. I decided to try top of my hand as those veins bulge without having to agitate them. I got a good link on another site on "how to" with roxi 30s. The link only told me how to prep the syringe, not how to shoot it. Since the veins on top of hand are so close to skin, i knew to insert almost paralell to hand. My question is: " I didnt do it fast but i didnt exactly go very slow. The syring was full , so i couldnt pull it back to see if blood drew in. But i noticed a lump begin to form. Is this because i injected too fast? Or did i miss the vein altogether?? I rubbed it a little and it worked itself out. Thank you in advance for your answers and future advice. Db

You probably missed the vein. You should never inject without registering to see if its in the vein first. Don't fill the syringe so full. Are you using proper filtration on your pills?

Do some reading about proper IV technique.

If you're new to IV'ing and your good veins are already used up, it means you have incredibly shitty technique. Those veins should last a while as long as you're using sterile equipment and relatively fresh syringes. On top of that, the veins on the top and sides of your hands are much smaller and thus more frail. They will crap out on you way quicker than the veins further up your forearm and elbow. I IV'ed heroin for years, and I never had to use any peripheral veins, so you obviously are doing something wrong. Have somebody who knows what they're doing show you how it's done before you totally ruin your veins

When I was using, I never had much luck with hand veins. I always found that they rolled a lot and it was tough to register. I only had success with hand veins a few times. Normally, I just stuck to the good veins in the crooks of my arm and used really careful technique.

I'm not and never will be a IV drug user, because the whole notion of it freaks me out. But one thing is I never understood how you can keep living and be healthy with destroyed veins in your body. You'd think this would lead to some sort of heart problems..

I'm not and never will be a IV drug user, because the whole notion of it freaks me out. But one thing is I never understood how you can keep living and be healthy with destroyed veins in your body. You'd think this would lead to some sort of heart problems..

It does have long-term consequences, like poor circulation and low blood pressure. If you have a lot of damaged and collapsed veins then not enough blood gets to your extremities. I am always too cold and my limbs "fall asleep" easily. It has been years since I've used IV but my veins seem to be permanently damaged. When I have to get blood taken for tests or be administered an IV in a hospital they can't find a vein. If people are going to inject drugs they should be doing everything possible to minimize the damage to their veins. Even if they think they don't care about the future and their health and just want to get the drug in them as quickly as possible, they should at least care about the fact that eventually it will become extremely difficult for them to inject drugs at all, and it's terrible being extremely dopesick and spending all day in tears as you puncture your entire body fruitlessly searching for a vein that will register. Take care of your veins while you can :)