• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Startling Research on False Positive Drug Tests

I wonder what the founders of modern police law enforcement thought, "Hmm take all the failed morons in America who would under normal circumstances be beating up guys who he thought his fat wife was cheating on him with, now give them a badge and have them release their angst on soon-to-be criminals! Genius."

Do you have a point or what? Yes its legal for me to full up a suitcase full of flour too and try and go through an airport but don't be suprised when you get arrested for it. I agree that there is something more to the story because really now that excuse is retarded, carrying 3 condoms full of any white powder is bound to get you in potential trouble.

There is no reason to have "an excuse" for legal behavior at all.

Lots of people have been arrested for having flour that is bagged to look like cocaine. They can arrest you because it looks like you're going to sell it as coke, or it looks like you just bought fake coke (even worse if that's the case).

Its bullshit about the false positives. You might think that someone would do extensive tests before using the "Narco Pouch" (which btw is cheap as fuck) as evidence. After people get arrested because of a false positive, its a classic case of those who can afford one get a good lawyer, and everyone else goes to jail/has a charge on their record.

This makes me wonder how accurate those MDMA testing kits were that BLers used to swear by back in the day.

I went to the doctor yesterday for anti-depressants, and since my mom told her what a junkie I am she drug tested me. The ONLY THING I had taken in the past 48 hours was 2 mg Xanax. I didn't test positive for opiates..only benzo's and...amphetamines?! What the fuck? I don't even do amphetamines.

She didn't believe me because her drug screens are "highly sophisticated and only show use from the past 48 hours." She said they NEVER give false positives for anything.

The only possible explanation is that the coke I did a tiny bit of last week was cut with speed. She insisted on the 48 hours thing though..

^ well i guess the only thing you can do is find out the brand of test, look up information, even on their website, and see the percentages of false positives, although convincing your mother you don't do drugs is a hell of a lot harder than convincing the legal system.

Airport searches, vehicle checkpoints, random drug testing, what happened to the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

America is not a free country - it is a tyranny, a totalitarian regime.

Walking anywhere with three condoms full of flour is perfectly legal, and when citizens can be harassed or jailed for being considered to be "asking for trouble" while doing nothing illegal, something is amiss.

Please. It's like the guy that points a fake gun at the cops and gets shot and then wonders why. If you do something that looks illegal you should expect the cops to investigate, that is their job afterall. Granted, they should be able to tell the difference between flour and coke, but taking that on a plane is asking for teouble, especially in this day and age. Would you try to take a water bottle w/ a bunch of wires coming out of it and a timer strapped to it onto a plane? Of course not, same thing.

Lots of people have been arrested for having flour that is bagged to look like cocaine. They can arrest you because it looks like you're going to sell it as coke, or it looks like you just bought fake coke (even worse if that's the case).

Its bullshit about the false positives. You might think that someone would do extensive tests before using the "Narco Pouch" (which btw is cheap as fuck) as evidence. After people get arrested because of a false positive, its a classic case of those who can afford one get a good lawyer, and everyone else goes to jail/has a charge on their record.

This makes me wonder how accurate those MDMA testing kits were that BLers used to swear by back in the day.

Just an FYI, you can be arrested for trying to sell fake drugs, but not for simply possesing fake drugs.

For example:

http://www.wptz.com/news/15861212/detail.html

especially in this day and age.

This attitude is all that I have a problem with. There's nothing special about the world today that requires us to submit to increased scrutiny from law enforcement.

and this bears no relation to the fact that american prisons generate profit???

lets lock up some social scum then do them for drug violations on parole, yeee har

money and justice dont ever mix fairly

Don't get me wrong I'm on your side but American Prison's do NOT generate profit by any means.

Then why are they privatized? I don't know how many are. Is it to run a loss and suck at the government teat?

??Maybe i'm wrong but here in California none of the prisons are privatized and I've never heard of privatized prisons anywhere else in the U.S...Source Please? This is very interesting to me.

edit:nvm I just did some research it turns out that here in california there are a couple private prisons8o8o

This is ridiculous I smell an essay coming.

Last edited:
Does no one see that these tests are working AS DESIGNED? This has nothing to do with incompetent cops or bumbling researchers, these field tests are not designed to actually test anything. They are simply a pretense to arrest and convict those too poor to fight the system, I would even bet good odds the company sales reps openly sold them on this feature with a nudge and wink to major police departments.

Last edited:
This attitude is all that I have a problem with. There's nothing special about the world today that requires us to submit to increased scrutiny from law enforcement.
Shit man, I have a problem with this attitude too. I don't want to live in a police state either, but that's our fucked-up harsh reality. Welcome to 1984.

There is no such thing as unreasonable search and seizure at an airport/seaport/border crossing. This a long held legal precedent and i have no problem with it. When you agree to fly on an airplane, go on a cruise, or cross the border, you consent to any searches. There is no protection in these places from search and seizure.

I also agree she was asking for it, obviously you would be detained for carrying a white powder in a condom. The cops were doing their jobs, the problem here lies in the inaccurate tests, not with the police or the woman. If the tests truly did what they were supposed to she would have had her flour-filled condoms tested, they would have come up negative, and she would have been released. I agree that this level of inaccuracy w. these tests is completely unacceptable and IS a violation of people's rights and I think that only extremely reliable a tests should be allowed. I think it is ok to have a preliminary test that is not totally accurate, however I think all of these should then be analyzed via a more sophisticated method like GC-MS and the like. Thus you might get arrested due to a bad test, however if the GC-MS was run, it would prove that you do not have an illegal substance and the charges would have to be dropped.

So in summation, I think that the field tests should not be admissible in court, only a a confirmation test like GC-MS. That is my view on this issue and I think it is a viable solution.

I've had a drug test administered at the hospital that tested positive for:

THC
Cocaine
Amp
Meth-amp
Benzos
Opiates.

I didn't even do any methamp though. I told them that maybe the coke i did was cut with meth-amp. They were really freaked about the methamp. Heh, That was one gnarly drug test.

If you carry something that looks like a bomb onto a plane you will be arrested even if the bomb doesn't work. She was asking for trouble and was clearly doing a test run for future drug smuggling. Considering that she spent a small amount of time in jail and ended up with 180,000 - I think she did pretty well. Three weeks in jail for 180,000. That's over 8 grand a day. Not too shabby.

If you carry something that looks like a bomb onto a plane you will be arrested even if the bomb doesn't work. She was asking for trouble and was clearly doing a test run for future drug smuggling. Considering that she spent a small amount of time in jail and ended up with 180,000 - I think she did pretty well. Three weeks in jail for 180,000. That's over 8 grand a day. Not too shabby.

What is illegal about doing a test run?

Anyone ever get the feeling that ya just cant win? no matter what! Air? C'mon!

What is illegal about doing a test run?

Are you asking what is illegal about a terrorist doing a test run with a fake bomb - or a smuggler doing a test run with fake drugs?