Cops called my cell (marijuna)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTERP

Bluelighter
So I was sitting at my computer and got a call from a dealer. I didn't answer it and let them leave a voice mail. I checked the voicemail and the message said: "Just to let you know this is the ****** Police, and I was just wondering what you wanted a dime of?"

(I had texted him awhile ago saying: "Yo, could I get a dime?")

I was wondering what I should do and what they can do to me?

I am pretty scared (being young with strict parents does not help, if they knew i smoke they would kill me).

I did not break any laws by sending that text did I? A dime could be anything, I made mention of nothing illegal.

The biggest thing I am worried about is if they can get my name and address by having my cell number, and If they will pursue me (like keep calling/come to my house) if I do not reply.

Please help!

Well, I'd ignore it. If they were trying to trap you into buying, I doubt they would announce that they were cops. If they want to pursue it, let them do all the leg work. It sounds like they are intentionally trying to scare you.

If they told you they are the police, then they obviously didn't expect to get any more information out of you. If it was a cop, would they expect you to give more info via text? I don't think so.

I really don't think it was actually the police. Police would probably rather not say anything, but sit around and collect the messages on the dealers phone so they could investigate the dealing chain further. Letting you know it is the police would allow you to inform others that the dealer was busted, something the cops wouldn't want everybody to know.

Don't bother replying if you got that text. Maybe you dialed the wrong number, maybe your dealer doesn't want your business any longer.

There is practically nil that the cops could do with that info, you are safe. Last thing the DEA is going to worry about is a kid looking for a dime bag.

i needed a dime for the bus, hehe. fuck them on semantics. They have nothing to charge you with unless they're gonna be sticklers. get a free consult from a lawyer on here. most likely you will be fine if you cease all contact with that phone; maybe just shut it off.

I seriosuly doubt they would waste their time trying to catch someone who simply wanted $10 worth of a drug. To be honest I also doubt they actually called you, it could've been someone fucking with you.

YIKES!!!!

now, that response to ur txt is a damn good buzzkill!!!!

i'm assume ur cellphone is attached to ur name....i kind of hope in some ways its ur name and not the parents

i really dont think there gonna do anything about u trying to get a dime

but i would lay low and keep ur nose clean....keep away from that dealer

and DONT TALK TO THE COPS!!!!

ASSUMING U KEEP UR NOSE CLEAN, THEY GOT NOTHING ON U!!!

Don't do anything, just delete the number from your phone and forget about it.

Sounds like your dealer was busted, his cell was confiscated, and they are looking for his customers who may offer any information. If they do want to question you, they will find you, and if they do, you need to talk to your parents. Don't call them!

Having said this, are you sure this isn't a prank?

This is why God made pre-paid cells that get tossed, or use some sort of code.

I have had that exact situation happen to a good friend of mine. Nothing happened to her, but to be safe I would find other places to hide your stash for the time being. give it 2-3 weeks and after that you should be ok

Tell them the guy you texted owes you $10

And that around your parts a $10 is called a dime.

I doubt that's really the police, somebody's probably just fucking with you. If it was the police they would try to set up a deal to catch you in the act instead of giving themselves away right off. If it is the police, there's nothing they can do if all they have on you is a text message. If your dealer lives in the same town as you, just be careful from now on.

Assuming this isn't a cruel joke, and the cops are actually in possession of the cell phone, then they most likely can see ALL of the texts you've sent your dealer previously. You could be implicated by his testimony as part of a plea bargain.

However, since you are a minor (right?) and you are only buying dimebags, I doubt very seriously the cops will even bother with you.

Regardless, I would research your state laws concerning marijuana (and anything else you bought from your dealer), soon.

1. As per most of the advice handed down so far, don't respond to any calls, messages, etc.

2. Clean house, if it's not.

3. If LE does come around (and the chances are they won't), say nothing. No explanations, no denials, no nothing except to say your lawyer will be handling inquiries (this doesn't mean that you necessarily have retained one, only that you're not speaking without one).

They don't really have a case with a text message of that nature, and a dealer's potential testimony could easily be torn apart by a competent lawyer. Thus the best way to string you up would be for you to build a case against yourself, and of course you're not gonna do that... ;)

I don't mean to make you paranoid, but it's possible the police will follow up with you in an attempt to get information about dealers. They aren't usually interested in arresting users, but they will often use the threat of an arrest to turn you into an informant.

Do NOT answer any police questions. Do NOT talk to the police. Good Luck!

DO NOT talk to the police. Delete the number and be done with it. If they come knocking at your door don't answer.

don't talk to them at all.

i especially wouldn't try to bullshit them with some dumbass story about what a 'dime' is, because they're not stupid.

thanks for all the info guys, it really helped.

It wasn't a prank cause after i didn't answer when they called on my dealers phone they started calling me from the police station. I didn't answer and they haven't tried since that first day.

The big thing i was worrying about is getting my house searched or something. [don't incriminate yourself, even on an anonymous internet board. Thanks. :) ]

Last edited by a moderator:
to repeat...

do not talk to the police.

a question like that is trolling for info on your friend, not you.

don't run/call/bike/drive around (esp call) to everybody you know, they may just follow you and take addresses.

i've had friends go down, close friends, and the best policy is to keep going like nothing happened. and not talk to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.