Deadmau5 - What Do YOU Think of Him/His Music?

I'm personally a big deadmau5 fan and have been for several years. He's definitely a unique guy and knows how to rock the crowd. Ghosts N Stuff = best song EVER!

a total nerd who somehow stumbled into this fame. he just re-interpolates musical styles for the muscle milk masses.. look at the 'ghosts n stuff' track... owes a big debt to justice.. i don't think he'd be making hard electro shit if it wasn't for blog electro.

but i like em

I like both him and his sound. It can be a little formulaic and plodding but generally I enjoy listening to it. Certainly recent articles painting him in an unfavorable light have been ill founded I think. Ended up meeting him at a festival in Perth recently and he seemed like a fairly normal guy. Bit nerdy but not an issue.

I am favorably impressed with what I've heard so far from DeadMau5.
In fact, I was and have been listening to it for the past half hour or so.

i like him, music and all. im by no means a huge fan but he plays some cool shit. i cant listen to too much of his stuff in one sitting though, gets a little monotonous.

Ghosts n Stuff is pretty sick, the main hook is one thats just thrown in your face and the whole track really challenges your ears.

Just discovered deadmau5 recently but already love him! Some great shit can't wait to roll with his tunes this weekend =D

i think he is great, Deadmau5, or Joel Zimmerman.

hes a genious producer and he performs amazing live!

his music is so great to a good roll or a good fry

yet at the same time it is mellow enough that even my mother can handle and enjoy it (true statement)

everyone should give Deadmau5 a try.

i think he is...

...popular because of gimmicks and trends but actually not half bad.

i like his tracks. i am less enthused about statements like this:

(DJs are Fucking Cunts) "It puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully - with all due respect to the DJ type - that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur. I'd like them to dis-a-fucking-pear. Itss so middle man, they’re like fucking lawyers. You need them, but they’re fucking cunts. God bless them they’re my number one customer right so I’m not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

I think his tracks sound too much alike. Some of them are ok.

Frankly, I think he put out way too many tracks from the get go. I'm not impressed with him anymore, and I don't get excited to hear anything by him these days.

Cunt.

Music by numbers (he's remix of cafe del mar is an atrocity as are many of his remixes)

i like his tracks. i am less enthused about statements like this:

(DJs are Fucking Cunts) "It puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully - with all due respect to the DJ type - that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur. I'd like them to dis-a-fucking-pear. Itss so middle man, they’re like fucking lawyers. You need them, but they’re fucking cunts. God bless them they’re my number one customer right so I’m not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

i hate him for that exact reason

I think he's over-rated and wonder how he made it so big so fast?

Has he had commercial success or something? Never makes any sense to me.

I liked his stuff at first but slowly realized everything he puts out is the exact same. Most overrated name in EDM id say. on top of that he seems like a serious dick, especially to be dissing DJs like that, after all, THEYRE the ones who are really buying the producers' records.