• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

LSD as a potentiator of Codeine; no trip please, only want to chill out

delphinen

Bluelighter
Hi guys

Actually, Im not in the mood to have a LSD trip right now (im afraid I might have a bad trip for many reasons and changes between my last time I did only LSD), but I want to get high on opiates and benzos, I mean, relax my mind and body.
All the times that I did any opiate with LSD I got extreme pleasure, but also the weirdness mental thoughts of LSD, a trip with pleasure lets say; so my question is:

Would 6mg of Clonazepam or 6mg of Alprazolam with 300mg of Codeine with a blotter make the trip as smooth as possible? I know for sure it will increase the pleasure of Codeine, but again, I dont want to "trip", I want to "chill out", you know what I mean. I want to rest my mind in pleasure and feel relaxed.
If there is no way to do this just let me know please, but personally, I think it has to be possible. I did LSD many times and I feel the drug can be manipulated as you want, but ... who knows 8)

Thanks in advance guys

i wouldnt do it if i were you, you cant be sure....
and mixing benzos with opiates is never a good idea.

There's little chance of taking a Hallucinogen and not experiencing a full-blown trip =D
If the dose was extremely small (1/4 of a tab or something of the sort) then it could be possible to have some euphoria and not get as much of the mind-fudgery, but you're playing with fire really...

You said that you may have a negative experience due to certain things going on / that have gone on in your life. Even knowing that has the ability to send things to the bad side of the chemical.
Ultimately it is up to you, but I can't say it's a good idea. As Mr. Bug said, you can never be sure :\

I have to say this doesn't seem very sensible at all... For me LSD was never a chill out drug, though I haven't done it in nearly two decades.

Six milligrams of Alprazolam or Clonazepam is a pretty potent dose, so yes, that amount w/300mg of Codeine would make your "trip" as smooth as possible, but I can almost guarantee you will experience psychedelia encroaching on your otherwise extremely mellow opioid/benzo buzz.

For me, there is no experience on earth more peaceful and fulfilling than LSD--I very much owe my life and my sanity to psychedelia. I would never want to kill an LSD experience by mixing in a depressant like an opioid or benzo (certainly wouldn't be worth the precious LSD). But that's just me, your milage may vary.

There is absolutely no pharmacological reason as to why LSD would "potentiate" an opioid or a benzo, however. If you just want to be sedated with an anxiolytic and are "not in the mood" for a psychedelic experience--as you said, you just want to get high--then just take the anxiolytic. No reason to waste good acid ;).

the benzos would negate some effects of the acid too, so id say go for it.

I tripped on some lsd a couple weeks ago (Valentines day) and like 6 hrs or so in i took some hydrocodone. It was a great choice. Stoned Immaculate.

However it was a serious trip until i bailed on it with the pills. You gotta keep in mind the long length of the lsd trip. I doubt youll remain totally chill and not tripping really that long from some xanax (45min-1hr half life) and codeine (not very powerful plus lasts nowhere as long as lsd).

Keeping that pharmie high going will be essential towards not tripping. Even though you said you think you may have a bad trip, you really should consider taking the acid to the peak or a little after, then dosing the pharmies. Unless you have a huge stash of em.

Edit: advice for not having a bad trip - stop saying and thinking that you are gonna have a bad trip and realize that nothing can really that bad because life is amazing.

Hi guys

Actually, Im not in the mood to have a LSD trip right now (im afraid I might have a bad trip for many reasons and changes between my last time I did only LSD), but I want to get high on opiates and benzos, I mean, relax my mind and body.
All the times that I did any opiate with LSD I got extreme pleasure, but also the weirdness mental thoughts of LSD, a trip with pleasure lets say; so my question is:

Would 6mg of Clonazepam or 6mg of Alprazolam with 300mg of Codeine with a blotter make the trip as smooth as possible? I know for sure it will increase the pleasure of Codeine, but again, I dont want to "trip", I want to "chill out", you know what I mean. I want to rest my mind in pleasure and feel relaxed.
If there is no way to do this just let me know please, but personally, I think it has to be possible. I did LSD many times and I feel the drug can be manipulated as you want, but ... who knows 8)

Thanks in advance guys

Hello <3 Feel free to post these kinds of questions in PD too :D I have found that mixing a benzo with an LSD come up is a nice way to ease into the trip, but I do perfer to just jump into LSD sober and enjoy the whole trip.

However, it sounds like you are just looking for something mellow and perhaps you dont have access but I would suggest 2c-c as it is a mellow body high, quite like opiates with a shorter duration and less mind fuck than LSD.

If you dose low with the LSD and take some opiates throughout it will probably be a nice body feeling... Im not so sure that I would mix benzos and opiates (god knows Ive done it, but its not SAFE).

xanax will kill the acid buzz. especially if it's a low dose. it's a waste. an opiate might be all right tho.

Ahhh....

OP, just do what you feel.

The benzos you've chosen are great for calming a freaked out mind.
If you decide on dosing all of your option, try this:

Maybe you could take the codeine, and the LSD, and 1mg/2mg of alprazolam.
After maybe 35-45 minutes, take another 1mg of alprazolam, before the LSD shows you what's going on-- and continue taking the 3-4mg of Xanax you have throughout the experience.

I did LSD many times and I feel the drug can be manipulated as you want, but ... who knows

Yes, who knows. You don't treat her right and Lucy will make you her bitch.

Any trip you experience is going to be heavily muted by the benzos. And I don't think LSD is a good potentiator of codeine.

The only bit of advice I can give you.

I recently lost my heroin connection, but I hit up an old high school buddy who had some LSD. It was day 3 of opioid detox, so I figured what the hell, I'll give it a go.

Bad bad bad bad fucking idea :)

Opioids do tend to mitigate the "negative" aspects of a trip...but opioid withdrawal actually potentiates those aspects.

Thats a waste of LSD IMO , I only like to take opiates or benzo's on the tail end of the trip so as not to pollute the experience. I only combine LSD with other psychedelics or dissociatives , when you put other drugs in the mix like downers it really dulls things out too much for me , I take my trips very seriously and try to get the most out of them. I would get high on the xanax and codeine and save the acid for a special occasion in the future if I was in you're shoes.

I got extreme pleasure from the blotter 2 hours after taking it (sucking it), I fall asleep on my bed listening to my mp3; yes, the walls and letters were moving and all that, but it wasnt at all problematic; I think the first 2mg Alprazolam I did when I did the LSD helped a lot.
Also, Carisoprodol and Naproxen, plus all the Codeine, hell, my body is in pure pleasure, way more than on Oxy for example.
Dont believe me if you dont want I have no reason to lie after all.

Thanks everybody.

interesting

mushrooms, lsd, dmt, etc.
these serotonin potentiators are often used to treat addictions of various sorts, including alcoholism.
so by consuming small-moderate quantities of opiates with a psychedelic,
you can avoid most of the problems of opiate addiction, and also the potential of a bad trip.

I have tried GABA agonists, such as Valerians, muscarias, benzos, these have too many side-effects IMO, and dont necessarily result in a good feeling.

LSD is a pretty damn strong potentiator.. whatever else it is, it still is a psychedelic and will cause you to trip, which isn't something to treat like a game; don't take it if you're not willing to take the plunge, but if you do decide to take, make sure your in a good mood and ready to take whatever comes your way.

However, it seems like the benzos would most likely negate many major effects of the acid.. but 6 mg of clonazaepam and alprazolam is a high dose of benzos, especially with codeine. Think twice before mixing all that together, heavy respiratory depression certainly is not fun.

Most of the time i think why take 3 drops. i should take 6 but thats when i want to trip for 16hours.... 400-600mics or so. But i have experimented with 'smart doses of LSD and all i can say is it can be quite subtle but noticeable in really a really nice way with no body load

to the OP look into a smart dose of acid it would be a fraction of your blotter

Last edited: