• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

Coke is terrible for withdrawal, it might help for 30 minutes or so, but when you're coming down you have that comedown mixed with your wd symptoms. Honestly, depending on the person, amp's CAN help, it helped me get off methadone. I quit 85 mg's of methadone a day, cold turkey after 3 years. Came to a different state, found a amphetamine connect when I was in my worst state of mind, smoked dope until my wd's were gone. I still do it daily though, so I guess I traded the drugs. I hope I can stop the amp's but I don't know if I can live without being high, that's terrible isn't it?

Man, 85mg of methadone cold turkey, I was on the 90mg per day of the liquid they give you at the clinic and forgot to grab my take home and that sucked and it was only for a day. My short stint on meth was probably the most unhealthy I had been in my life, except I did do really well on my exams. But I would be smoking it with other people and they would eat right afterwards and I would be wondering how? It would also make me want to be anti-social but other people would want to go out and take on the day. Each person different I guess, not going to recommend staying on meth lol, but do you.

I have read every message on this thread and it pretty much just boils down to how YOUR body reacts to these drugs. People experience different symptoms different ways. The best replies that I read on this topic are from the people who have actually tried using some sort of amphetamine/speeder to try and relieve some of the horrible feelings and emotions that come with a strong opiate withdrawal. Before I go into detail about my experience, I first just want to say I am strong believer that the way a drug will effect you and make you feel differs from person to person. When telling a personal experience on a subject like this, I think giving some background information on previous drug use helps give the reader a more understanding of what he or she might expect. With that i'll start by saying I've been an on and off again opiate addict for the past 5 years, with only 6 months of time as my longest time of actually being able to stay away from the shit. After about 5 months of being clean I'm back to the opiates, more specifically banging heroin again. Been back at it for about 3 to 4 months now, and until today i had been able to go no more then 24 hours without shooting a decent dose of some very strong tar that's been going around. Opiate withdrawal is sadly something i'm fairly familiar with, so I pretty much know whats coming know. In my many attempts of getting off heroin, I have tried a lot ways to avoid the sickness completely or at least alleviate some of the symptoms. More opiates is for sure my favorite cure ha, but obviously I was without that option for today. Today was my first time ever trying an upper to help, and It came to this because I spent my last dollar on dope last night and now I can't get another fix untiil i get paid in 3 days. The paranoia and fear I feel when I know I will soon be in a nasty withdrawal kicked in. And in an anxiety fueled state, I desperately searched to find a way to score a dose or get my hands on something that will make the sickness not so bad. The absolute ONLY thing I was able to get my hands on were two 54mg Concerta. I have had plenty of experiences with Methylphenidate in the past. I'm not a super huge fan, but I do enjoy the peek and the way it makes me feel. but never have I taken it in an attempt to reduce the severity of an opiate withdrawal. I was nervous because there can be some pretty nasty side-effects when coming down from a Concerta/Ritilian high. The anxiety and insomnia is what i feared the most about it. But in the end I said fuck it, and after reading through the thread I decided I would give it a try. So my last dose of heroin was at 10:00 pm, to get me through my 3rd shift job from 11:00pm to 7am. Got home after work and made some calls and was able to get the 2 concerta pills at 10:00am just as i was starting to feel the onset of the withdrawal; nausea, cold sweats, chills, anxiety, extreme irritability. So by noon I decided to just go ahead and take them and see what happens. So roughly an hour later the Concerta is doin its thing. I get a decent rush of euphoria and i start becoming more and more optimistic about my decision. 2 hours after dosage and its seems that the Methylphenidate is really going to do the trick. The Euphoria is not as strong but still noticable. 3 hours in, and its starting to go down hill quickly. Anxiety suddenly gets worse, body aches are becoming more and more painful, the happy euphoric feeling is starting to go away faster than i anticipated. The Concerta is starting to quickly shift from being a huge help to not so much. 5 hours later i pretty much feel like shit, opiate withdrawal is really noticeable at this point. Yet i can still feel the Concerta giving me energy and motivation to actually be up and moving around getting stuff done. Normally I would be in the fetal position at this point hating my life, so I can for sure say I feel better then if i didnt take the pills. About 9 hours went by without much change, and out of blue I am able to get 2mg of a suboxone strip. I inject it as soon as i get it and finally I feel like a normal human being again. I am glad I didnt have to experience the full come down of the Concerta. How it was going, I knew that the comedown was going to be awful and I believe i lucked out by getting the sub. For the first 3 or 4 hours i was convinced that it was going to be a huge help, but just like that it started going down hill fast. In the end, I don't think I will use this drug for a means of helping withdrawal. This is how it affected me though.. I would say though, that someone who is not as sensitive to amphetamine like drugs as I am, I can really see how it can help. To each there own. I hope this sheds some light on the subject for a few people.

yes yes yes!!! i thought they would make things worse, but the i felt sooo much better mentally after plugging some adderall.

I think a big difference between uk and us is we talk about phet as in base amphetamine sulphate between 50-70%. You just don't get methamphet here. But from what I know about taking base phet it doesn't sound any where near as crazy as the us glass. So, I cant speak for the us side, all I can say is that taking small bombs of base has really helped with coming off a 2 year h habit. I only smoked it but I smoked a hell of a lot and it was the real deal. Which means my wd is absolute hell. I went thru it a few months back and it took a week but even when I started to feel normal after a week, I couldn't sleep. and I mean not at all. I fkd up by not having any downers and after the 3rd day of bein off wds but still having around 10 min sleep, I ended up getting back on the h. this time im stocked up with sleepers and taking some phet has certainly helped with both physical and mental pain. I plan on staying on a level until tired, then let the sleepers do their work and when I wake up get straight back on the phet. im on day 2 so 3 more days and physically I shouldn't be addicted to h(correct me if im wrong)so then I stop the phet and just take the sleepers at night. How long do I take the sleepers for? Man, one thing at a time!

Haven't read through the whole thread, but in my experience, low-dose dextroamphetamine helped with some of the mental symptoms as well as the restless legs. It helped to take the edge off of that horrible black ominous depression-panic cloud. IIRC, I have used it on three detox occasions.

I could easily see overdoing it making it worse, however. I only tried using "low" doses (20-30mg). Also, I may have had a different reaction to the levoamphetamine in something like Adderal. The more jittery/peripheral effects may have made my anxiety and restlessness worse, can't say.

But the last time I kicked it was cold turkey and in jail. All I had was my Vyvanse (basically time-release dextroamphetamine), since I was prescribed it and my mom brought it in for me. The only time I was able to lie down somewhat comfortably was after it kicked in, and it helped me a lot. Maybe more than it would have anywhere else due to placebo effect (since it was all I had and I was very grateful for it, and that I kept telling myself that the extra dopamine would help the mental and the legs).

A quick update. My eyes are watering like crazy but the painful wds are almost non existent compared with last time (without amphetamine ). I have just started to feel the aches and the legs are starting to get that mind of their own, so I have bombed around half g of base. I will let you know how that works later (unless I give up and chase that dragon, in which case, ill post next time I try...)

Ended up completely disregarding the avice that everyone across the board agrees which is no ck and even more so no crk(smoking), weeell, I had started to have fierce aches allover so I thought fk it, gotta be better than how I feel now! And it did work up to a point but the thought of what next is loming fast

ahhh, feck it. cold turkey settling in and id need a big hit of phet to take this away. its not worth it. so, in conclusion, it helps for the first 2 days but when the heavy stuff comes, you gonna have to sweat it out along side record nos of sleepers of course...

anyone know anything about zopiclone sleeping pills? they are pretty strong and leave a tin like taste in your mouth. apart from that I know nothing, so best to ask before I start taking copious amounts tryin to get to sleep later. just dropped 4 to combat the wds and the remnants of smoking that rubbish.fingers crossed...

Any info on zopiclone would be greatly appreciated.

In my personal experience, this holds true. I cannot handle taking my Adderall for the first few days of opiate withdrawal, but it helps with energy and motivation after that.

here over ;0

Last edited:
I would say amps will help your w/d ALOT.
It will certainly clear up your nose & prevent the runny nose bullshit.
The only thing I can see worsening is the hot/cold flashes & maybe the restlessness.

If you're a sick fuck, it'll help. Many of us are. For others, i'd say it's probably the worst idea imaginable aside from maybe taking acid.

I started adderall on the evening of the fifth day and the boredom, loss of interest, fatigue, and lack of motivation was immediately fixed off 20mg of adderal. Physical pain is hell, but being trapped in your head is far worse. The first time I quit using subs and relapsed after 18 months. The second time i ended up in the hospital then going on methadone for 2 years. This LAST time, i was sick for 5 days then started to do some adds that a buddy gave me for the next 14 days. 5 months I have hobbies once more and no longer think about opiates. Part of detoxing is being sick. Adds help, far more than prescriptions from doctors did the first 2 times. They worked better than subs or methadone ever did.

I love the fact that ppl are starting to come around and realize amphetamines can really be useful in a WD situation... usually suboxone is the best to "taper with" and then after a week or so if you're not totally back up to speed and are still sort of suffering, some adderall in your system will make all the difference. Then your left worrying about developing a mental hook towards uppers though.... just be aware. its all science in the end.

i have two friends that say when they are on meth they dont feel buprenorphine WD

A lot of people don't feel..... much..... besides the methamphetamine, while they are on methamphetamine.

For me, it's hit or miss. Depending on the severity of my withdrawals, I've found methamphetamine to completely alleviate my suffering, and I've also had it exacerbate my symptoms to the point the WD was so intensified, I just ended up completely unable to sleep, let alone focus on anything other than how bad I physically (and now, completely psychologically) felt at the time.

So do I condone the use of amphetamines for opioid WD? absolutely not. Does it work? Everybody's body is different, and even the same person can react differently in different situations, like I did.

Hi all
I'm sitting here and reading some of the comments and they are great. I'm on day 2 cold turkey from opiates, feel not bad. I snorted 30mg-60mg of Roxies a day. I tried w/d's with out any help and no success, so this time around Im attempting it with 5 days supply of 30mg adderall.
First day was lil tough and decided to go with one dose of 30mg capsule time release. I made myself eat 2 waffles before I took it at 8:30am and by 9am it was ON. Keep in mind you will not have appetite till around 9pm.. Great time till about 5pm. Thought of taking another, but I would have never fell a sleep.. So I decided to get some grapefruit juice, great idea because it kicked back in till 9pm. That's when the crash happened, no energy, sore, cramps. I took 1mg of xanex and feel asleep at 10pm or so and slept with no problems till 7am..I just was to throw it in as I'm attempting this I work from 9am-9pm at my own restaurant and I can't Not Be There.

Second day woke up at 7 with a cup of coffee "as always and made myself eat again. Than took another dose of 30mg adderall at 8:30am and I'm sitting here on my break and its 3pm still good..
I would recommend some kind of Loperamide Hydrochloride, <-6$ at local pharmacy or even gastations carry some kind..I'm 225 lb and 2 mg work great for whole day and I was able to use the bathroom once a day, so far. Going to attempt the juice here soon and same as last night 1mg of Xanax for sleep.

I hope I helped some of y'all, I know by reading these posts this process has been, well I can't say pleasant but def easier than before attempts.. Will keep up with post as days go ON!!!

This is my first day of going cold turkey. it happened unexpectedly and anything i can use to ease these feelings will help

Hi all
I'm sitting here and reading some of the comments and they are great. I'm on day 2 cold turkey from opiates, feel not bad. I snorted 30mg-60mg of Roxies a day. I tried w/d's with out any help and no success, so this time around Im attempting it with 5 days supply of 30mg adderall.
First day was lil tough and decided to go with one dose of 30mg capsule time release. I made myself eat 2 waffles before I took it at 8:30am and by 9am it was ON. Keep in mind you will not have appetite till around 9pm.. Great time till about 5pm. Thought of taking another, but I would have never fell a sleep.. So I decided to get some grapefruit juice, great idea because it kicked back in till 9pm. That's when the crash happened, no energy, sore, cramps. I took 1mg of xanex and feel asleep at 10pm or so and slept with no problems till 7am..I just was to throw it in as I'm attempting this I work from 9am-9pm at my own restaurant and I can't Not Be There.

Second day woke up at 7 with a cup of coffee "as always and made myself eat again. Than took another dose of 30mg adderall at 8:30am and I'm sitting here on my break and its 3pm still good..
I would recommend some kind of Loperamide Hydrochloride, <-6$ at local pharmacy or even gastations carry some kind..I'm 225 lb and 2 mg work great for whole day and I was able to use the bathroom once a day, so far. Going to attempt the juice here soon and same as last night 1mg of Xanax for sleep. Make sure some 800mg of ibuprofen for the muscle aches..

I hope I helped some of y'all, I know by reading these posts this process has been, well I can't say pleasant but def easier than before attempts.. Will keep up with post as days go ON!!!
Good luck all

I'm amazed that 'phet helped with cold turkey buddy. I tried Mandy for it once and spent the best part of four hours squirming in pain, as every rush made the cluck feel worse. The only thing that really did help was powdered cocaine not crack, but powdered. It had analgesic properties. So maybe that's what did it? I'm wondering whether Ketamine would be very helpful in that situation? As it's a general anesthetic and people quite often hurt themselves on it and don't realise until the come down, because they can't feel the pain.

Agree with your comment. My habit took over five years of my successful life away and hurt the ones that I love the most. It's just not worth it.

I'm amazed that 'phet helped with cold turkey buddy. I tried Mandy for it once and spent the best part of four hours squirming in pain, as every rush made the cluck feel worse. The only thing that really did help was powdered cocaine not crack, but powdered. It had analgesic properties. So maybe that's what did it? I'm wondering whether Ketamine would be very helpful in that situation? As it's a general anesthetic and people quite often hurt themselves on it and don't realise until the come down, because they can't feel the pain.

Agree with your comment. My habit took over five years of my successful life away and hurt the ones that I love the most. It's just not worth it.

Many people have reported good experiences detoxing with ketamine and other NMDA antagonists.

As I'm writing this its day 3 cold turkey. I did exactly the same as I had for last 2 days and still good, but adderall is wearing off earlier each day. Since my doses are in capsules I opened up one and took out about 1/4 of capsule beads. I wouldn't recommend full dose, most likely will result in NO SLEEP. Going to continue with 1mg of Xanax after 9pm or earlier if the anxyity intensifies. Remember adderall is also addictive and can have big withdrawals also, if you never taken adderall I would recommend to do some research on it before you attempt this.

The answer is yes, it does help. They are powerful.