• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

i go on heroin-speed-benzo cycles. ill go on a heroin streak and then immediately to speed benders and then to heroin (with benzos sprinkled in there) and so on. ive found that being dope sick and speeding is enhanced because of the stomach cramping, sweating/increased body temp, etc properties of the amphs. sometimes i don't feel the opiate withdrawl too much when i switch to amphs but then other times it isn't pleasant. im stupid and go all out with one to all out with the other. in smaller doses amphs are ok (with me) - kinda iffy. however, i seem to notice that when i finally come down from a heroin-amph cycle and have a little bit of time before starting over, the combined mental and physical come down of the speed seems to combine with a sort of delayed reaction opioid withdrawl. it feels like the withdrawl of all of the drugs seems to hit me all at once. it kinda feels like i put off the inevitable dope withdrawls by covering it with amphs only for it all to catch up with me at the end.

im starting to find that im going from one to the other and so on to deal with the comedown of whatever im coming off of and i guess your body has to deal with it all at some point.

that is just what happens to me, others might be different.

I dont think it would help at all personally. Also your brain is under alot of stress during w/d and adding amphetamine to that is not a good idea.

So are
sUbs a no no after meth then?

I cant find any science behind the mix...

Meth is used to often in relation to methadone , when also talking about subutex..

anyone know?

I have IV'd buprenorphine and methamphetamine together, the combination is nice.

i enjoy taking adderall (im prescribed it) when i do h sometimes. it gives a real goood feeling. but taking it while withdrawing i would only think it would make everything alot worse. when i take adderall i cant sleep or eat and when i w/d i cant sleep or eat so id only imagine how hellish that would be. yeah maybe your mood would be a little better but overall id think it would make it all worse. i think the best thing for w/d is sleeping it off so you dont feel it as much.

I've heard this can really help the withdrawl symptoms. I know a lot of people who have done this and said it made shit much more easier to deal with. It may not be something I would do, but if I was hurtin that bad..shit, I'd do anything to ease it.

The only way that amphetamines could help opiate withdrawal is by releasing endorphins in your brain causing a sort of "pleasure" response to the drug.....basically, you get high off the adderall.....and it probably wouldnt even take away most of the symptoms of opiate withdrawal. But it would DEFINITELY be a temporary cure because as soon as you start coming down from the amphetamines, you better have found some opiates by then, cuz your gonna feel even worse than you did before you took the amps.

So its basically only a temporary "cure" for opiate withdrawal.....and it has some nasty consequences.

This is my first day of going cold turkey. it happened unexpectedly and anything i can use to ease these feelings will help

I may be a little late responding to this, but I know from experience that you should not take amphetamines until many months after quitting an opie addiction. Why? Picture how you feel when you come down from speed--achey, anxious, irritable, dysphoric--and what is a great cure for those symptoms? Opiates. Enough said.
So, if you are ready for the worst comedown of your life with a high risk of relapse, go for it. But I advise against it.

I have used meth the day I'd run out of morphine, and if all I had was 2-3 days to go until my re-up, it worked well in holding the worst of the w/d at bay. the meth I got though was unusually pure, inexpensive, close by, I booted it along with smoking it, and did a lot. my roommate then just happened to be the biggest amp-slinging dealer in the SE Springs. I was his "big homie", I was the only junky he'd ever known closely, and it really upset him when i got dope sick

yet, it only delayed the onset of hard acute w/d. I had to do it *before* it set in, and if I mistimed my morphine re-up date.... horrible, horrible acute w/d would come crashing down as soon as the meth started wearing off completely..... but I'd feel "off" for a full day before that. in order to make it work, I had to do a lot and pay close attention.
doing meth after acute w/d started was nightmarish. I'd feel a little better mentally at first, but after a few hours the crushing depression would be back full force.

The only time I went through WD's (dilaudid) I had access to plenty of methamphetamine, and it helped alot. I think if you are gonna come down off the speed while still in WD's it would suck and should be avoided. But if you aren't gonna be able to sleep anyway might as well take apart all those lawn mowers you've been planning to disassemble.

The only time I went through WD's (dilaudid) I had access to plenty of methamphetamine, and it helped alot. I think if you are gonna come down off the speed while still in WD's it would suck and should be avoided. But if you aren't gonna be able to sleep anyway might as well take apart all those lawn mowers you've been planning to disassemble.

If it were me I would just take some benzos and curl up in the fetile position. No need to make the comedown exponentially worse by taking a drug that makes you crash hard on its own.

We all are not affected nearly the same...
Hence someone posting a question on a message board as to gain perspective and learned experience from those willing to share , with remedial traces of background.. and those open to share from experience , not necessarily give advise..

Or maybe advice is fine... But blatantly stating others are absolutely absurd for their input?

Dude , I dont know of many kids with a habbit like mine , and I kicked once before with subs and herb alone...

HELL backwards with wool socks on...

This last time , lack of relapse so far...farthest clean streak Ive seen.,..

And I did it with the help of Our socially unacceptable friend, Meth...

Kisses ;)

We all are not affected nearly the same...
Hence someone posting a question on a message board as to gain perspective and learned experience from those willing to share , with remedial traces of background.. and those open to share from experience , not necessarily give advise..

Or maybe advice is fine... But blatantly stating others are absolutely absurd for their input?

Dude , I dont know of many kids with a habbit like mine , and I kicked once before with subs and herb alone...

This last time , lack of relapse so far...farthest clean streak Ive seen.,..

And I did it with the help of Our socially unacceptable friend, Meth...

Kisses ;)

who said someones input was "blatantly absurd"???

if you aren't gonna be able to sleep anyway might as well take apart all those lawn mowers you've been planning to disassemble.

or an '81 Firebird. or root around the carpet for lost shards. =D

I dont know of many kids with a habbit like mine , and I kicked once before with subs and herb alone...

remember kids.... pot is a sensitizer. If you already feel bad, it'll just make things worse.
if you smoke weed in acute withdrawal, it usually gets ugly.
on day 4-5 when yer starting to feel better a bit (or whenever), *then* it's handy for alleviating depression & bringing back the appetite.

bringing back the appetite

^ Ill refrain from arguing the difference in "sensitizer" , im one for segregating indica from sativa...but I digress

Back to the quote , ...Im a girl , and let me be the first, and only important one to say that ...who wants their appetite back?

Lbs< is the best part of ToxinDieting.. ;)

I've found that low-dose amphetamine works best for doing dope wds. 5-15mgs, 5-10 if it's dexedrine, is great to help get out of bed and get that backed up dope dookie out and have a little pep. Too much, though, and you'll be jonesing for opiates harder than you otherwise would have, most likely.

Ive taken Amps when I wasn't able to get an opiates for a couple days. In my case, it wasn't any kind of wonder pill, but it was able to get me up out of my bed and moving around a bit more... but instead of sitting in bed I was sitting on the toilet. Head felt good.. stomach felt like shit.. which turned into shit lol.. seriously amps mess with my stomach so much. They made my head feel better during withdrawal but damn the bubbleguts