• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

Hey there, I think it's great your doing this at a healthy pace, slow and steady, giving your body a chance to reboot without shocking the heck out of it, good. If I may make a suggestion, once your back, once your body is 'cleaned' try out some tinctures. ie. Milk Thistle will help your liver, cleaning it out, Motherwort or Leonurus Cardiaca will soothe the nervous system and calm your heart, help you sleep and Ginko Biloba (maiden hair tree) will aid your brain and help with libido. If you have a blender, get on the berries.
Good luck Man. Oh yes, and a wee toke of weed will help with any anxieties. Of course, do your research as I'm sure you do. Again, all the best. GOOD ON YOU

Totaly agree with last post. Everyone of us reacts different to all kinds of substance. I did a good weeks worth full research about combining substances to help with WDs. Nothing taken together that's upper and downer is safe for anyone, some people might not react same. I did a combo, but closely monitored.
As far as substance being out if your system, oh yea. It's important to go with some natural items to help your body get back to normal. Like mentioned earlier, liver etc. it took 7-8 days for me to get my belly back to normal, but I knew by than opiates were out of my system, so I started cut back on how many times and doses of amps per day.
I can honesty say that it's the best feeling in the world to look at your life and say I OVERCOME this. I enjoy things I never even knew existed while I was using also it's a good feelin to have cash in your pocket and not worrying how you going to get high. BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD..
Success is just around the corner, but do you wanna walk there "it's up to you"
Sorry for some caps, just a good hump day.. ?

I stumbled upon something yesterday. I've been taking a lot of oxy as I am "about" to quit. So near 400 mg a day.

Yesterday a friend gave me some adderall. I took 3/4 of the pill and had no urge to do oxy at all. At the end of the day I did half what I normally do. Adderall isn't the greatest as I had some effects when I was coming down ie. paranoia. It was easily dealt with but my wife did ask me if everything was ok.

So yes amps help. I think you just have to strategically use them. You just can't substitute amps for oxy. But I think you can use them to taper much easier and use them after the initial 3 days of no opies.

You also have to be careful you don't start another addiction. Ampies tend to be noticed more and for some reason it makes you do things you normally wouldn't do. I know being an x-meth user 10 years off street meth now.

If you have never attempted this method before, do some research. When you going to stop your belly is not going to be happy, so Imodium AD will calm it down. I always took my amps by mouth, but small doses. I wouldn't start taking amps till 12-24 hours after last use, so you can monitor your doses. I started at 7mg amps, just cut the 30mg pills in 4 peaces.
When you take amps, I found out its almost impossible to feel that high of opiates. Benzos for sleeps less nights and worked for me.

I had 6 days from the gear the amp is definitely helping and i just destroyed my amp with 25mg hydro and I feel really shitty about it now so I guess i'll take more amp and kill the hydro haha what a waste of money. For me taking amp i have to be sure i'm in the mood usually that comes on when I do things that I really enjoy like listen to music.... the uncertainty of should I take this? goes away. the worst part is the crash but the benefit of being tunnel vision a couple days is that they just pass by taking your mind off the WD and you can actually get some real sleep

For me uppers NEVER help. Think about coming down when dope sick. It's the worst. I guess if u have the $ to constantly be high,personally I don't like uppers (ESP crack) after the first hit. Everyone's different though.

no. When they kick in, you'll feel better but when you crash your withdrawals are going to be 10 times worse. The other way around (opiates for amp withdrawals) seems to help though

When I take adderall, i noticed I rarely smoke cigarettes, when I usually smoke a pack a day, and can go a day without taking klonopin

they probaly would but when you comedown you're gonna regret it alot.

the only thing id do in withdraw would be opiates (obviously), weed, or/and some type of benzo. no uppers cuz the comedown is gonna make you feel way worse imo.

PAWS is a whole other story, many become vulnerable to substituting and becoming hooked. Opiate WD increases blood pressure, amphetamines increase blood pressure , the hypertension will feel like hell, don't go above 40mg adderall to the experienced users when in WD

Opiates after an amphetamine ride seem to synergies eachother and bring the adderall positive effects back or kill the negative

I have found through experience that adderall can also numb you so if your physically hurting it will allieve some of the pain plus add a good mood boost

I don't think I would suggest it to anyone else, but, it sure helped me when I was coming clean from an everyday IV-H habit8)...
Ofcourse, now I'm banging at least three times as much speed as before8(...

First of all,i.think it depends on which opiate/opioid ur withdrawing.from..if its from.a longer.acting one like methadone,suboxone,or a slow.release morphine.or hydromorphone,i think that an amphetamine can help.But i would have.a.benzo or.somn like gabapentin or.maybe barbituates on hand..
For me,an adderall,vyvanse,or even methylone takes away the antsy feeling away.for some reason.i believe its because of the dopamine release. I think u can use a stimulant in the very beginning of withdrawls and also if u actually.DO abstain from opiates,u can use em near the end.for energy..i mention the benzos because when the stimulants wear off,you may be left with some residual stimulation,or anxiety.

But stimulants have.helped me during withdrawl.You just have to know when and how to utilize the stimulant..

Leme just say that the ULTIMATE tool for opiate withdrawl is GABAPENTIN or LYRICA. If u can get a hold of any.if i had gabapentin or lyrica i know for a.fact i can get myself off suboxone...Phenibut o have also found to feel almost exactly like neurontin..Phenibut i.have also used during opiate withdrawls.it a dedefenite must have in ir opiate withdrawls arsenal.It works on GABA receptors,which helps with anxiety alot.it will get rid of anxieth,chills and.the.general crappy feeling of withdrawl.

In my opinion and experience, they don't help at all. Opiates do help for a bad come down from uppers though

no. When they kick in, you'll feel better but when you crash your withdrawals are going to be 10 times worse. The other way around (opiates for amp withdrawals) seems to help though

they probaly would but when you comedown you're gonna regret it alot.

the only thing id do in withdraw would be opiates (obviously), weed, or/and some type of benzo. no uppers cuz the comedown is gonna make you feel way worse imo.

yeah that. meth makes you feel uncomfortable and jittery enough, cant imagine how that would help with WDs. Not to mention youd have a REALLY hard time falling asleep which is the main goal of any withdrawal process. just try to get through it as fast as possible and sleep is the main source of that

Actually using just a small bump right as I was starting to feel dope sick took away my dope sickness and I actually had a really good time for the day believe it or not.. Both drugs affect the central nervous system so the meth just masked over the receptors in my brain that were asking for heroin and instead fed that meth euphoria and high that made me forget about dope and not feel so sick at all anymore.. I got lucky with that, not saying I found a cure lol, far from it..

In the same way pissing your pants will help on a cold day.

It'll help for a bit, but in the long run is a terrible idea.

In the same way pissing your pants will help on a cold day.

It'll help for a bit, but in the long run is a terrible idea.

QFT !! That's good shit , hah !!

It does help having something for energy for sure - I've never (found) tried addy , but at a minimum I get some OTC bronkaid (ephedrine) to get thru a cpl. Empty days ( lucky to have gabapentin for evenings !! )
A little coke gets your mind off withdrawal for a while as well .....

They help me with PAWS and the tail end of withdrawal. Definitely not anywhere near the acute part. You'll regret it. Do you not get restless legs, hot/cold, insomnia, physical discomfort, nausea/the shits, etc.? Stimulants can provoke all of those.