• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids mixing methadone with fentanyl??

they should just make methadone without the blocker....cause it puts the user at risk for an overdose. by this i mean....you pretty much have to shoot pure heroin to get high and i wouldn't even call it a high lol. its very weak and dangerous.

There isnt some magical added "blocker" added to methadone. Methadone ISTELF acts as a blocker due to its higher binding affinity to your opiate receptors. This is an important concept for people to understand.

Im doing it right now..its not a thing I would recommend all the time. I got a few of the mylan patches the other day, just the 2mcg/hr ones but they arent bad considering I only found these once before (in my grandmas bathroom cabinet and they were like 2 years old and never touched ,buried under a bunch of stuff and isnt prescibed pain medicine at all anymore, those were the duragesic ones with the gel but only 12.5 mcg/hr) I never figured i would see the patches again but the lady i get my oxycontin froms sister gets them and her nephew was trading them to me to get him other stuff..anyway i wore one patch for a day then aquired another one and put it on and today i think the first patch ran out cuz i definetely wasnt feelin as good, i wouldnt quite say w/d or anything yet but the dose was basicly cut in half, so anyway i was able to get several 10 mg methadone pills and took one earlier at work and one later on right before i got a small pink floyd tattoo from my buddy who just got a new tattoo gun. but anyway i feel pretty good right now but i wouldnt have taken the methadone if that first patch hadnt ran out and dont really plan on mixing them again. Im also not really on a super high dose of either which probably helps the safety factor quite a bit..sorry for rambling, i feel pretty damn good and just got registered on here tonight. Ive always come to this site for any and all info on just about anything. Well i better get to bed..hopes this helps
later

The Test is Now!!

I'm on 72 mg's of methadone, I just got a 75 mg patch, you lookin for an answer? I just shaved my chest and it is 11:30 and I dosed at 6:30am and I just shaved my chest an I'm going to slap this sucker on, I have my roomate on standby to check on me. Yes, huge question, methadone is an antaganist which we all know. I'll tell you what, I will post later to resolve this all together. It costed me money but I have heard many rumors that Fentanyl overrides the juice so stand by, here she goes! My guess is from experience which I've never tried this is I probably just waisted money, but ya never know ay!!

Poppyman

Last edited:
Good call on having someone watch you in case you stop breathing, as the mixture can be dangerous as noted.

Also, BL does not allow price discussion so if you do not mind editing your post....

Welcome to the site.

I can promise one thing add benzos to the mix and it WILL prove deadly !!

I've never seen much point in the term semi synthetic. Something semi synthetic, in this context, is simply synthetic but with the additional point that it was synthesized directly from a naturally occurring compound. It still *is* synthetic :\

I'm on 72 mg's of methadone, I just got a 75 mg patch, you lookin for an answer? I just shaved my chest and it is 11:30 and I dosed at 6:30am and I just shaved my chest an I'm going to slap this sucker on, I have my roomate on standby to check on me. Yes, huge question, methadone is an antaganist which we all know. I'll tell you what, I will post later to resolve this all together. It costedme $50 but I have heard many rumors that Fentanyl overrides the juice so stand by, here she goes! My guess is from experience which I've never tried this is I probably just waisted $50, but ya never know ay!!

Poppyman

Methadone is NOT an Antagonist

Methadone is a full µ-opioid AGONIST. Methadone also binds to the NMDA receptor.

Basic Opioid Terminology:

Opioid: Any chemical- natural, semi-synthetic or synthetic that acts on the endogenous opioid system.

Opiate: Any naturally occurring opioid. Morphine, Codeine are Opiates.

Semi-Synthetic: Opioids that are closely related to Opiates, generally only a couple steps removed. Examples include Diacetylmorphine, Nicomorphine, Dihydrocodeine, Ethylcodeine, etc.

Synthetic: Opioids that are not derived from natural Opiates or semi-synthetic Opioids. Open-chain class like Methadone, Dextromoramide, the Fentanyls like Sufentanil, Meperidine and the Pethidine class like MPPP, etc.

Partial Agonists: Opioids, generally if not always synthetics, like Buprenorphine, Butorphanol, Pentazocine, etc that are agonists at one or more opioid receptors while antagonists at other receptors.

Methadone is a full mu-agonist synthetic opioid. It has no antagonist properties.

The "Blocking" noticed with Methadone during Methadone Maintanence Therapy (MMT) with higher doses (over 60mg/day usually) is due to tolerance- not a specific action on the part of Methadone itself.

A person taking any mu-agonist opioid at moderately high to high doses every day will notice a similar effect. High doses of Morphine, Hydromorphone, Meperidine, etc will "block" the effects of another opioid- if the dose is high enough.

Do not confuse this with the action of partial agonists and antagonists.

Buprenorphine 'blocks' other opioids due to its ability to outcompete for the mu opioid receptors. The bind Buprenorphine exhibits on mu-receptors is stronger than that of most mu-agonist (Fentanyl, Heroin, Morphine, Methadone, Meperidine) and antagonist (Naloxone, Naltrexone, Nalorphine) drugs. This is why different methods are necessary to treat a Buprenorphine overdose than a Heroin overdose (The latter can be treated with one or two injections of Naloxone, the former requires an IV infusion of Naloxone or use of a stronger and longer acting antagonist like Nalmefene, or non antagonist therapies).

Mixing Methadone and any other mu-agonist opioid for the purpose of going above your Methadone induced opioid tolerance to get high is very, very dangerous and foolish.

Because you don't know exactly how much Fentanyl (or Morphine or Heroin or Hydromorphone, etc) it will require to go above your Methadone tolerance, you are gambling with your health. The difference between too little and too much of the second opioid can be a very small dosage.

Plus, the respiratory depression and other side effects will not be lowered due to your tolerance. The difference between enough Fentanyl to get high and enough to cause loss of consciousness and death from respiratory depression is likely very small.

antagonist affects of Methadone on Fentynal

I was wondering?? will fentanyl work with methadone, since its a synthetic opiate like methadone. methadone has a opiate, and opioid blocker so if your on 80 mg and up......not even pure heroin will get you high. you will just get a burning feeling throughout your body and od, if you do too much. the messed up thing is... only taking more methadone will get you f**d up. what about fentanyl?? its in the same category as methadone, as a synthetic opiate. will i still be blocked??

]The answer is yes, it will block it out entirerly! Unfortunally the government isn't going to make a drug between schedule 1 and 2, mostly 2 but barely. Class 2 narcotic as strong if not stronger depending on your dose than Heroin, without a catch. It seems too good to be true huh? Well go figure, no euphoria after 2 weeks, blocks out everything exept realy potent Heroin, don't ask why, ask the government. No I just put this to the test yesterday. 72mg of Methadone at 6:30am and I had a 7.5, slapped it on about noon, it is now the next day 5:17 am, I'm getting ready to go dose and nothing ever happened, NOTHING. Now thats 72mg's, I dont know about 30mg or under, my guess is that would probably block it to an extent. I was kind of hoping in my trough I might feel something but wasn't counting on it. Methadone takes th crown, stick with it and save some money! Promethazine and weed and a little Valium if your used to the Phenegrin, now when it comes to these meds BE CAREFUL unless you like narcan! Take care! I paid $50 to unlock this mystery so at least give me some Kudo's!!:p<3 :p <3 God Bless!

Methadone and Benzo's, lookin to inhance?

I can promise one thing add benzos to the mix and it WILL prove deadly !!

It all depends on tolerance and how much and how long youve been taking the benzo's, do not mix Phenagrin and Benzo's W/ Methadone if your not used to taking them, of course unless you like narcan! BE CAREFUL MAN!

Methadone is a full µ-opioid AGONIST. Methadone also binds to the NMDA receptor.

No it just blocks everything and everything there is? If thats not an antagonist I don't know what is?

No it just blocks everything and everything there is? If thats not an antagonist I don't know what is?

By the way, instead of copying the first thing you see on google do some reserch, Agonists and antagonists are the same thing. To be honest i just learned that. Take it easy.

^ I'm not gonna argue with you, Tchort explained it to you already.

Do some research bonehead! 8)

Methadone doesn't really block...it just raises yer tolerance super fuckin high since its so strong.I personally think I would have the tolerance to handle this,but only you know your tolerance...And yeah lol at the burning and OD with the pure heroin.Pure Heroin would breakthrough methadone if you did enough.I've never shot an opiate that "burned" my body.ha.

You seem rather wet behind the ears,maybe you shouldn't mix these.

Rules

Good call on having someone watch you in case you stop breathing, as the mixture can be dangerous as noted.

Also, BL does not allow price discussion so if you do not mind editing your post....

Welcome to the site.

Thanks on the price descussion tip, oops, I'm not perfect, sorry.:\

Whatcha goin through bra??

^ I'm not gonna argue with you, Tchort explained it to you already.

Do some research bonehead! 8)

No I don't want to argue either, your friend is right, I meant the fact that when Methadone is mixed with other drugs it blocks. You didn't need to call me a bonehead, you seem like a frustrated guy, that must suck! :( Well sorry if I affended you, Vulium works great for that, maybe you should find something to calm that aggression down, there are alot of good doctors that could help. Please don't take this wrong. Take care man, no offence.

Proof and results, what a waste!!Big time!! ------

I'm on 72 mg's of methadone, I just got a 75 mg patch, you lookin for an answer? I just shaved my chest and it is 11:30 and I dosed at 6:30am and I just shaved my chest an I'm going to slap this sucker on, I have my roomate on standby to check on me. Yes, huge question, methadone is an antaganist which we all know. I'll tell you what, I will post later to resolve this all together. It costed me money but I have heard many rumors that Fentanyl overrides the juice so stand by, here she goes! My guess is from experience which I've never tried this is I probably just waisted money, but ya never know ay!!

Poppyman

ok, it's the next day and I just dosed an hour ago. 72mg's of Methadone entirerly blocked it out, ENTIRELY!! So day one is confirmed, BLOCKED OUT. Hopefully this will put this mystery to bed, unless your on like between 10 and 30mg's of Methadone?? I don't know. I do feel a little more mellow today but that could just be sycological or something. Oh well, go to New York and get some China White or something?? I don't know! 8) I guess all I can say is if your looking to elevate your dose of Dolophine try Clonopin, Xanex and or Phenigren otherwise known genarically as Promethazine. DO NOT, if you've never taken these drugs mix them all at once and go off into your bedroom, tent, whatever it may be and sleep unsupervised. Plan ahead and makesure if you know youre gonna be snowed out for the day you have someone check on you. We keep Narcan and adrenolin handy. No frickin around. God bless to all, theres your answer and be safe if your going to f....k around and experiment. If you are looking for good sleep, the one and only thing I feel keeps addicts stuck on opiates, or 1 of the biggest reasons anyways. I posted the easiest and safest way to calm down and get some shut eye up top by the title, so check out a good hint sleep emblem up top. It's natural, you can't overdose and it will make you think before you do stupid things. And God put it on this planit for a reason, medicine. Stick W/ that instead of all these stupid Synthetics and on. Take care.

No I don't want to argue either, your friend is right, I meant the fact that when Methadone is mixed with other drugs it blocks. You didn't need to call me a bonehead, you seem like a frustrated guy, that must suck! :( Well sorry if I affended you, Vulium works great for that, maybe you should find something to calm that aggression down, there are alot of good doctors that could help. Please don't take this wrong. Take care man, no offence.

So I seem like a frustrated guy do I?

What are you, a shrink or something?

LMFAO!

People just need to get there facts straight before they go posting shit they no nothing about!

I got mixed up

I as just talking about say when you mix it with other pain killers, I looked that up, the two words mean how and where it affects the body, sorry, I'm not trying to be a know it all because obviously I didn't know? I do know one thing, this Fentynol patch is not working at all on 72mgs of Methadone, BLOCKED, is the word of the day. Sorry about the reality news, I was kind of hoping it would override it, oh well, take care.