• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids mixing methadone with fentanyl??

masterchiefn

Greenlighter
I was wondering?? will fentanyl work with methadone, since its a synthetic opiate like methadone. methadone has a opiate, and opioid blocker so if your on 80 mg and up......not even pure heroin will get you high. you will just get a burning feeling throughout your body and od, if you do too much. the messed up thing is... only taking more methadone will get you f**d up. what about fentanyl?? its in the same category as methadone, as a synthetic opiate. will i still be blocked??

What is your tolerance like? Methadone is sometimes prescribed with Fentanyl, but you must have a strong tolerance to opioids first.

its most likely to cause death if you dont have a really high tolerance.... mods take a look at this..

^ haha yea. basically, if this is your doctor whos telling you about taking both, thats ok. if its your friends or you wanting to get fucked up, id say its not safe by any means.

I would not mix the two of those if I were you that could be really dangerous. I would stop taking the methadone for a day or 2 and when you start going into wd's I would get high on the fentanyl. Mixing the two of those could prove to be deadly , Stay Safe.

???

yea, but will it still be blocked by the methadone like everything else?? cause methadone blocks oxycontin, heroin, ect... fentanyl is synthetic opiate like methadone, not a opiate or opioid.

Yeah its pretty cool. I've done it many times. Of course it will block it to an extent, but you can definitely feel it. Only problem is it doesn't last very long.

it all depends on the mg of methadone you are on per day and how long you have been taking it, if i remember correctly its something like 70mg+ day will block all opiates and less methadone would just let more through the receptors. I dont advise it but i have done it but i honestly think fentanyl is a waste and ive even had it iv in a hospital setting. If you are new to either of these I would not advise it by any means

Um I'm not trying to be a dick here but for the sake of discussion...

I see you keep saying "fentanyl is a synthetic, oxy, heroin etc are not" I don't believe that to be true. Oxycodone is a thebaine derivative and certainly isn't as natural as you may think. Even heroin being acytl-morphine(me thinks) is still a synthetic. Like I said I'm not trying to be a dick and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but these drugs are synthetics and knowing that kinda throws your theory of fentanyl still working with methadone because its a synthetic down the tubes. Maybe I'm wrong but ill soon find out I'm sure...

Ok, can you elaborate please? Not because I don't believe you but, because I'd like to know.

I really don't think "synthetic-ness" is a factor here (or pretty much anywhere else). A structure-activity relationship in the ability to overcome methadone blockade could potentially make sense. But it's not like opioid receptors in your brain are examining each ligand to determine how "natural" it is. "Natural," "semisynthetic," "synthetic," etc. are just convenient labels, not necessarily indicators of a drug's properties. What's more relevant here is probably binding affinity at the mu opioid receptor.

I really don't think "synthetic-ness" is a factor here (or pretty much anywhere else). A structure-activity relationship in the ability to overcome methadone blockade could potentially make sense. But it's not like opioid receptors in your brain are examining each ligand to determine how "natural" it is. "Natural," "semisynthetic," "synthetic," etc. are just convenient labels, not necessarily indicators of a drug's properties. What's more relevant here is probably binding affinity at the mu opioid receptor.

EXACTLY. very well said. it seems the OP has gotten it into his head that one synthetic opioid will block another, simply because they are both synthetic. This is not the case. Whether an opioid is "natural" or "synthetic" has no bearing on whether it will block other opioids/opiates. The blocking effect is due to binding affinity of the opioid/opiate in question. If one opioid has a stronger binding affinity then another, then it will block the weaker one from binding. NOW REMEMBER-when i say "weaker" and "stronger", im not talking about the actual potency of the drug, but the relative strength of the binding affinity to the relevant receptors.

Now that this has been cleared up, let me say this (and I too, am not trying to be a dick here). The fact that you dont have a solid grasp of the things that have been discussed here is reason enough that you should not attempt combining these 2 substances. Even for those with a great understanding of these concepts, this combination is inherently quite dangerous. So please, stick with one or the other, breaking through the methadone is not worth killing yourself. play safe-DG

O god damnit... Does anyone want to explain the difference between synthetic, semi synthetic and whatever else? I'm having a hard time getting how a substance that is synthesized from other things is only semi synthetic but methadone and fentanyl are apparently so far removed that they are full synthetic. Obviously it has no bearing on whether or not he should do it but let's face it, he already did or didn't do it so... Fuck it whatever

^^^^I Think the difference is,Semi synthetics like Oxycodone are synthesized using one of the natural opiates as a starting point and the Full synthetics are like synthesized from nowhere in a lab....I'm not 100% though but I think im right.

^ yea a semi-synthetic is where it started from an existing opiate while fully synthetic are often pepitdine derivatives (demerol, fentanyl etc,. semi synthetics are hydro, oxy, heroin, hydromorphone oxymorphone etc.

^ Exactly.

As a further note Johnny Blue, opiate refers exclusively to the naturally occuring compounds in the poppy plant, whilst opioid refers to anything binding to and agonizing the opioid receptors in the brain and having a 'morphine like' effect.

they should just make methadone without the blocker....cause it puts the user at risk for an overdose. by this i mean....you pretty much have to shoot pure heroin to get high and i wouldn't even call it a high lol. its very weak and dangerous.

Cool thanks Ontario guy, Dopeman and Mr B. I appreciate it, yet another lesson I've learned here on bluelight.