Bluelight

Thread: mixing methadone with fentanyl??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    mixing methadone with fentanyl?? 
    Greenlighter
    I was wondering?? will fentanyl work with methadone, since its a synthetic opiate like methadone. methadone has a opiate, and opioid blocker so if your on 80 mg and up......not even pure heroin will get you high. you will just get a burning feeling throughout your body and od, if you do too much. the messed up thing is... only taking more methadone will get you f**d up. what about fentanyl?? its in the same category as methadone, as a synthetic opiate. will i still be blocked??

2. Collapse Details

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.
    What is your tolerance like? Methadone is sometimes prescribed with Fentanyl, but you must have a strong tolerance to opioids first.

3. Collapse Details

its most likely to cause death if you dont have a really high tolerance.... mods take a look at this..

4. Collapse Details

^ haha yea. basically, if this is your doctor whos telling you about taking both, thats ok. if its your friends or you wanting to get fucked up, id say its not safe by any means.

5. Collapse Details

I would not mix the two of those if I were you that could be really dangerous. I would stop taking the methadone for a day or 2 and when you start going into wd's I would get high on the fentanyl. Mixing the two of those could prove to be deadly , Stay Safe.

6. Collapse Details
    ??? 
    Greenlighter
    yea, but will it still be blocked by the methadone like everything else?? cause methadone blocks oxycontin, heroin, ect... fentanyl is synthetic opiate like methadone, not a opiate or opioid.

7. Collapse Details

Yeah its pretty cool. I've done it many times. Of course it will block it to an extent, but you can definitely feel it. Only problem is it doesn't last very long.

8. Collapse Details

it all depends on the mg of methadone you are on per day and how long you have been taking it, if i remember correctly its something like 70mg+ day will block all opiates and less methadone would just let more through the receptors. I dont advise it but i have done it but i honestly think fentanyl is a waste and ive even had it iv in a hospital setting. If you are new to either of these I would not advise it by any means

9. Collapse Details

North & South American Social & Drug Discussion
    Um I'm not trying to be a dick here but for the sake of discussion...

I see you keep saying "fentanyl is a synthetic, oxy, heroin etc are not" I don't believe that to be true. Oxycodone is a thebaine derivative and certainly isn't as natural as you may think. Even heroin being acytl-morphine(me thinks) is still a synthetic. Like I said I'm not trying to be a dick and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but these drugs are synthetics and knowing that kinda throws your theory of fentanyl still working with methadone because its a synthetic down the tubes. Maybe I'm wrong but ill soon find out I'm sure...

10. Collapse Details

oxycodone, hydrocodone, are partial synthetics..

11. Collapse Details

Ok, can you elaborate please? Not because I don't believe you but, because I'd like to know.

12. Collapse Details

I really don't think "synthetic-ness" is a factor here (or pretty much anywhere else). A structure-activity relationship in the ability to overcome methadone blockade could potentially make sense. But it's not like opioid receptors in your brain are examining each ligand to determine how "natural" it is. "Natural," "semisynthetic," "synthetic," etc. are just convenient labels, not necessarily indicators of a drug's properties. What's more relevant here is probably binding affinity at the mu opioid receptor.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by manhatred View Post
    I really don't think "synthetic-ness" is a factor here (or pretty much anywhere else). A structure-activity relationship in the ability to overcome methadone blockade could potentially make sense. But it's not like opioid receptors in your brain are examining each ligand to determine how "natural" it is. "Natural," "semisynthetic," "synthetic," etc. are just convenient labels, not necessarily indicators of a drug's properties. What's more relevant here is probably binding affinity at the mu opioid receptor.
    EXACTLY. very well said. it seems the OP has gotten it into his head that one synthetic opioid will block another, simply because they are both synthetic. This is not the case. Whether an opioid is "natural" or "synthetic" has no bearing on whether it will block other opioids/opiates. The blocking effect is due to binding affinity of the opioid/opiate in question. If one opioid has a stronger binding affinity then another, then it will block the weaker one from binding. NOW REMEMBER-when i say "weaker" and "stronger", im not talking about the actual potency of the drug, but the relative strength of the binding affinity to the relevant receptors.

Now that this has been cleared up, let me say this (and I too, am not trying to be a dick here). The fact that you dont have a solid grasp of the things that have been discussed here is reason enough that you should not attempt combining these 2 substances. Even for those with a great understanding of these concepts, this combination is inherently quite dangerous. So please, stick with one or the other, breaking through the methadone is not worth killing yourself. play safe-DG

14. Collapse Details

O god damnit... Does anyone want to explain the difference between synthetic, semi synthetic and whatever else? I'm having a hard time getting how a substance that is synthesized from other things is only semi synthetic but methadone and fentanyl are apparently so far removed that they are full synthetic. Obviously it has no bearing on whether or not he should do it but let's face it, he already did or didn't do it so... Fuck it whatever

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^^^^I Think the difference is,Semi synthetics like Oxycodone are synthesized using one of the natural opiates as a starting point and the Full synthetics are like synthesized from nowhere in a lab....I'm not 100% though but I think im right.

16. Collapse Details

^ yea a semi-synthetic is where it started from an existing opiate while fully synthetic are often pepitdine derivatives (demerol, fentanyl etc,. semi synthetics are hydro, oxy, heroin, hydromorphone oxymorphone etc.

17. Collapse Details

^ Exactly.

As a further note Johnny Blue, opiate refers exclusively to the naturally occuring compounds in the poppy plant, whilst opioid refers to anything binding to and agonizing the opioid receptors in the brain and having a 'morphine like' effect.

18. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Weed
    they should just make methadone without the blocker....cause it puts the user at risk for an overdose. by this i mean....you pretty much have to shoot pure heroin to get high and i wouldn't even call it a high lol. its very weak and dangerous.

19. Collapse Details

Cool thanks Ontario guy, Dopeman and Mr B. I appreciate it, yet another lesson I've learned here on bluelight.

20. Collapse Details

sounds like an easy way to end up in the ground

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by masterchiefn View Post
    they should just make methadone without the blocker....cause it puts the user at risk for an overdose. by this i mean....you pretty much have to shoot pure heroin to get high and i wouldn't even call it a high lol. its very weak and dangerous.
    There isnt some magical added "blocker" added to methadone. Methadone ISTELF acts as a blocker due to its higher binding affinity to your opiate receptors. This is an important concept for people to understand.

22. Collapse Details

Im doing it right now..its not a thing I would recommend all the time. I got a few of the mylan patches the other day, just the 2mcg/hr ones but they arent bad considering I only found these once before (in my grandmas bathroom cabinet and they were like 2 years old and never touched ,buried under a bunch of stuff and isnt prescibed pain medicine at all anymore, those were the duragesic ones with the gel but only 12.5 mcg/hr) I never figured i would see the patches again but the lady i get my oxycontin froms sister gets them and her nephew was trading them to me to get him other stuff..anyway i wore one patch for a day then aquired another one and put it on and today i think the first patch ran out cuz i definetely wasnt feelin as good, i wouldnt quite say w/d or anything yet but the dose was basicly cut in half, so anyway i was able to get several 10 mg methadone pills and took one earlier at work and one later on right before i got a small pink floyd tattoo from my buddy who just got a new tattoo gun. but anyway i feel pretty good right now but i wouldnt have taken the methadone if that first patch hadnt ran out and dont really plan on mixing them again. Im also not really on a super high dose of either which probably helps the safety factor quite a bit..sorry for rambling, i feel pretty damn good and just got registered on here tonight. Ive always come to this site for any and all info on just about anything. Well i better get to bed..hopes this helps
    later

23. Collapse Details

i meant 25 mcg/hr not 2 lol sorry

24. Collapse Details
    The Test is Now!! 
    Greenlighter
    Wink
    I'm on 72 mg's of methadone, I just got a 75 mg patch, you lookin for an answer? I just shaved my chest and it is 11:30 and I dosed at 6:30am and I just shaved my chest an I'm going to slap this sucker on, I have my roomate on standby to check on me. Yes, huge question, methadone is an antaganist which we all know. I'll tell you what, I will post later to resolve this all together. It costed me money but I have heard many rumors that Fentanyl overrides the juice so stand by, here she goes! My guess is from experience which I've never tried this is I probably just waisted money, but ya never know ay!!

Poppyman
    Last edited by poppyman#1; 30-03-2010 at 17:22. Reason: rules

25. Collapse Details

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.
    Good call on having someone watch you in case you stop breathing, as the mixture can be dangerous as noted.

Also, BL does not allow price discussion so if you do not mind editing your post....

Welcome to the site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast