• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Damiana Smoking

Salviasca

Bluelighter
Hi Everybody

So i wanted to know if you know this effect to and what to do about it.

I was smoking Damiana a couple of days ago, in a Joint.

I have never smoked Joints before only in a Bong, not to smoke much but out of Habbit because the first time i smoked weed was in a bong.

So i smoked and i eally felt an effect and planned on smoking moe the next time, i didnt want to smoke too much because im not used to it.

the next day i woke up and my throught was completely hoarse and is still even afte a couple of Days.

Does any of you know what to do against it and if this is nomal??

Greetings Salviasca

Smoking an unfiltered herb will tend to give you a sore throat for a while.

I am not aware of any psychoactive constituents in Damiana, and am confused about the possibility of its recreational potential.

Damiana is not psychoactive.

Not intensely, but one could certainly say that smoking it has definite effects. I remember a friend of mine talking about it having effect when he smoked it.

I tried it a few times, it's not nearly as intersting as cannabis when it comes to smoking something, but it certainly has slight effect.

Sometimes I wonder if the "effect" that people get from smoking all this random shit is just from the smoke... any smoke itself. I've tried wild dagga and I find the flowers a pleasant smoke, and I did feel something, but I am not completely sure it wasn't from oxygen deprivation, etc.

i've taken tea of damiana, as well as smoked it. i gained very little from smoking it, but there was a light effect. the tea has a mild euphoric effect, slightly rush-ie. it's an aphrodisiac as well, more pronounced in females.

what i had was an extremely dry herb, and that would have probably added to the hoarse throat. if you've never smoked a joint, or cigarette(you didn't say on this), you'd most likely wake up with a sore throat, too.

i personally didn't find much use for damiana, but i know others who have. good luck!

Sometimes I wonder if the "effect" that people get from smoking all this random shit is just from the smoke... any smoke itself. I've tried wild dagga and I find the flowers a pleasant smoke, and I did feel something, but I am not completely sure it wasn't from oxygen deprivation, etc.

Exactly my thinking! Thanks for elaborating this point!

Damiana sucks. Seems like every "herbal" blend wants to throw this stinky stuff in there. There is even a liquor out there in the form of a earth goddess that has a supposed amount of damiana in it.

After you've been exposed to it 14 gigillion times, you'll dislike it too!

And...YMMV...it don't do sheeeeit.

Damiana

I now being on probation smoke Damaina every day. If you would like a long lasting buzz from it you must mix it with Ashmangandha Root powder and you will get a buzz like no other trust me. Also look up Crunky Monkey for any of those unable to enjoy cannabis'

Ashmangandha Root

??? no hits on google other than this post.

Could you perchance find a spelling of it that is close enough to being correct that we can look it up? (i'm not saying this to be rude, as it's one of those weirdass names that are hard to spell, but if anyone wants to take your advice, we'd need a name we could look up)

Someone please help!

Ok, so I just signed up to this site solely for this one question so if someone could answer it, it would be amazing. I recently caught on to the 'black mamba' smoking and tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago. I loved it. It was amazing. Since I don't smoke weed, this was a great escape. ( Im looking for a governement job and its part of the requirements to be clean). So after the amazing 2 week experience, I decided to buy 2 ounces with my friend. I rolled about 4 joints smoked them all and nothing happened. Usually takes me like 4 hits out of a bowl or 1 joint. So my question is, do i have to prepare the pure damiana leaf in order to smoke it? (Im familiar with making my own salvia with the extract so i thought that I might have to use extract) Someone please help me! I dont want to waste my money especially if I can't smoke and get high.:(

that smoking blend likely contains synthetic cannabinoids like JWH-xxx, CP-xxxxxx, HU-xxx etc. You'd have to get some of those, dissolve in a solvent and put that on damiana to get the effects you're looking for. Fortunately AFAIK those don't show up in drug tests either. Though a damiana extraction might prove interesting on its own, and perhaps support or not the idea that its psychoactive on its own.

Agreed!
IF there were any weed-like effects, they would most probably stem from cannabinoid adulterants of the kind that any_major_dude already mentioned. Otherwise I have to repeat myself: Damiana on its own is not psychoactive, except for the effects of smoking anything at all.

The reason why the joints failed to have an effect could be because many users confirmed that effective evaporation of the synthetic cannabinoids is easier with a bong than with a joint... Maybe due to the reached temperatures...

- Murphy

i could be wrong but i thought Hockey99 meant that he'd smoked black mamba, was under the impression it was only damiana, then just bought a bunch of damiana from an herbal supplier, smoked it and had no effect.

I've found bowls, bongs, etc are more effective than joints for smoking jwh's etc on plant matter. though straight jwh in the base pipe is really the way to go

I've smoked pretty large amounts of the stuff, over the course of an evening before and didn't notice any effects that couldn't be attributed to placebo. A tea of the stuff produced mild but definitely real effects however.

maya blue. twenty months

good stuff. its something i tell you that!
get it while its cheap.

so youre telling me that the black mamba shit i buy is damiana BUT the supplier ADDED the synthetic compounds to.. jw-xxx hu-xxx or whatnot? Can anyone confirm this because I know the supplier probably wouldn't. I'm interested in that theory because the black mamba definitely produces effects and its just damiana leaves. the other spice shit I get has wild dagga and other things that most definitely should produce effects on their own but this shit is just damiana, or so it says...

I too am on probation and smoke this shit every day so i can stay "clean". Well maybe not every day.

Last edited:
Smoking herbs like that from a joint is not the best idea. Bong it mann.

Damiana mixed with skull cap and mugwort give a similar effect as marijuana. I have smoked this mixture many times from a bong and find it slightly more entertaining than marijuana, because it doesn't fog your mind. I haven't tried it on it's own, but all of these herbs are all very legal and easy to obtain. It is harsher than marijuana on the throat and lungs, but can be quite fun. Be safe. I know that had nothing to do with your question though.. o_O