• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How to not look high when on opiates (how to dilate pupils) ???

Caffeine and (pseudo)ephedrine all cause dilated pupils.

The Egyptians also used to use scopolamine containing plants (like belladonna and datura) but I don't think that's a good idea.

you're paranoid as a motha sucka!
dude you will be fine!!!
like everyone said dialeted pupils attract attention

people wont be like "I saw that steve kid, he seems allright. But I noticed his pupils were small in a really dark room. did you notice that? yeah you know eyes dialate in darkness and constrict in light, right? yeah keep an eye out for that fucker. make sure to be watching his eyes like a fucking hawk to make sure the constrict in light!"
haha

Small pupils are not really a major issue, people only really relate saucer pupils to drug use, i've been pulled by the cops a few times whilst on the gear - not clever I know - with pupils like pinpricks, they were non the wiser and let me be on my way.

Spaceyourbass - first of all is that a Phil Lesh reference : P

Now to all who say that needle-drop, aka pin-point pupils are not noticeable... I can always point out a junky, one knows the other. By the same token, my girlfriend who is dead set on me being clean always knows when I have some in my system, even if it is simple buprenorphine.

Now to the point of my post - I am very much in the same boat you are, my friend. On Saturday I am driving down to FL to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time, as well as her friends. I have just graduated undergrad and all in all this is an extremely important trip to me. Recently their old family friend and doctor has developed an opiate addiction of his own, quite a monkey I hear, so they are well aware of what glassed over eyes with pupils the width of a 25 1/2 gauge needle mean.

My girlfriend is willing to let me take suboxone, but she wants me to find a way to dilate my pupils so I don't look like a zombie (these days it doesn't matter how little I do).

Now, I am Russian by birth and know of these little pills that have the Belladonna extract in them - a lot of Russian junkies use those to keep their pupils normal. However, I don't want to dig through my mother's medicine cabinet - Lord knows she's seen me doing just that too many times. I will try the 5-HTP (gf wants me to show her what my pupils look like before we go down to FL), and report back. By the same token I will try pseudoephedrine and report back. Maybe even some ephedra? (Stacker...?)

To everyone telling Mr. Spaceyourbass to "chill out" - I understand completely where you are coming from, a cool demeanor is a junkie's best weapon, however this thread is intended to help those who are interested in the subject to find a cure. And I don't have to explain y'all how important the cure is!

On that note, I will report my findings, and as always am looking for more input. If others are interested in the subject and have some knowledge to share, I will be eternally grateful.

Regards,

TS

Spaceyourbass - first of all is that a Phil Lesh reference : P

Now to all who say that needle-drop, aka pin-point pupils are not noticeable... I can always point out a junky, one knows the other. By the same token, my girlfriend who is dead set on me being clean always knows when I have some in my system, even if it is simple buprenorphine.

Now to the point of my post - I am very much in the same boat you are, my friend. On Saturday I am driving down to FL to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time, as well as her friends. I have just graduated undergrad and all in all this is an extremely important trip to me. Recently their old family friend and doctor has developed an opiate addiction of his own, quite a monkey I hear, so they are well aware of what glassed over eyes with pupils the width of a 25 1/2 gauge needle mean.

My girlfriend is willing to let me take suboxone, but she wants me to find a way to dilate my pupils so I don't look like a zombie (these days it doesn't matter how little I do).

Now, I am Russian by birth and know of these little pills that have the Belladonna extract in them - a lot of Russian junkies use those to keep their pupils normal. However, I don't want to dig through my mother's medicine cabinet - Lord knows she's seen me doing just that too many times. I will try the 5-HTP (gf wants me to show her what my pupils look like before we go down to FL), and report back. By the same token I will try pseudoephedrine and report back. Maybe even some ephedra? (Stacker...?)

To everyone telling Mr. Spaceyourbass to "chill out" - I understand completely where you are coming from, a cool demeanor is a junkie's best weapon, however this thread is intended to help those who are interested in the subject to find a cure. And I don't have to explain y'all how important the cure is!

On that note, I will report my findings, and as always am looking for more input. If others are interested in the subject and have some knowledge to share, I will be eternally grateful.

Regards,

TS

Sorry to ressurect my own thread if it was dead but...

Dude THANK YOU. It's like no one else gets it besides you and a few other nice people.

I now feel that I at least have some options to explore before the trip.

get contacts with LSD sized pupils or use a black Sharpy on some contacts.
speedballs might also work

get contacts with LSD sized pupils or use a black Sharpy on some contacts.
speedballs might also work

yeh they dont really make contacts that have "normal" pupils, because they would have to make the hole really small and if it doesnt match up exactly with your pupil youre gonna have fucked up vision... especially if you have astigmatism. i find people dont really notice mine but hey, thats just me. i think it's fairly noticeable, esp. in intimate situations or if you have lightly colored eyes

sarcasm

IME the only people that know would be people like us anyway. I can pick someone out of a crowd sure but I'm shady and shady people like you and me can spot stuff the everyday square can't.

Just the other day a friend was withdrawing. I went with her to my dude to cop. I spent the next 2 hours telling her to chill because I stupidly told her she had dope fiend eyes. She did have huge pupils from withdrawal but normal people wouldn't know that.

Anyways dude fuck them. If you can't show up on methadone especially for maintenance without worry of losing your chick then bounce that bitch to the curb. The only person you need to impress should be her. I seriously doubt her mom saying you could be a druggie is gonna have any effect on how she feels for ya.

I once had a coworker mention something about junkies always scratching their noses or other areas and I got a little paranoid that he knew I was using,but I didnt react,just in my head. He wasnt talking directly to me,but I was in the group,so who knows. Yeah,Ii think if your using you can tell by eyes and other little tell tale things,but most people probably wouldnt know unless they have been informed as to what to look for,so ya never know. Goes for much stuff in life.

Anyways dude fuck them. If you can't show up on methadone especially for maintenance without worry of losing your chick then bounce that bitch to the curb. The only person you need to impress should be her. I seriously doubt her mom saying you could be a druggie is gonna have any effect on how she feels for ya.

Wrong. I am meeting many new people from her large family for the first time. I've been with her for 3 years and she doesn't care about my use (esp. since I got on maintenance, I've been ballin money-wise). We know that a lot of her fams did coke and opiates in college, but now are straight-edge types with a lot of kids. Since a lot of people are going to be there, and I'm the only one who will have pinpoint pupils the whole time, I will stand out. I'm not really worried if no one on BL believes that, but its kinda frustrating. You can either take my word or not. Her mom really loves me too...I just don't want my girl or her mom to catch any shit because someone says I look fucked up (which I will)...I would feel horrible.

And the reason anyone would care about me being on drugs in the first place is I'll be playing/hangout out with all the kids. I know some of them already and they really wanted me to come to this thing. I'll end up babysitting some while the adults drink or go out, and I don't want to have pinpoint pupils b/c my eyes will be checked out first. I'm just trying to get people to throw up some ideas about & experiences with curing pinpoint pupils. If I had a digital camera I'd show y'all a picture of my eyes now, over 12 hours since I dosed, and you'd be like damn where'd your pupils go?

i remember resding about something that people used to drink back 200 years ago in euope( the woemn at least) that dialated pupils because they thought it was attractive back then..

i forgot what it was.. so im not much of a help but i know something is out there that will do this

Dont know if this will help but maybe do some Alprazolam (Xanax). Take only about 1mg or .50. I know when I take about 2mg of Xanax my eyes are dilated the next day. So maybe it should work and even the pupils out.

To everyone saying that people do not notice tiny pupils caused by opiates you couldnt be more wrong. Almost all my friends are straight edge do not touch any drugs except drink, So I have to hide my usuage from them and thats one of the toughest things are my eyes.

Trust me when your pupils are the size of pins people can just tell that theres something wrong with you, It just does not look natural

yeah, I'm going to agree with noddy and space. my girl notices my pupils first thing every time. I've got real blue eyes like space and tiny pupils just stand out beyond belief. all you brown eyed junkies out there got it lucky, its much harder to notice your eyes when they're dark colored anyway.

as far as the question, sorry dude, I dunno how to help, but if you find a way man LET ME KNOW! lol I'd love to hear it. and whoever said try some xanax I doubt that'll help except to make him ACT fucked up to go along with LOOKING that way. I mean come on man, xanax?

MAYBE some coke, but honestly I dunno how much that'll help you dude.

Rub some scopolamine on your eyes. Though it might also make you vision blurry, and make you look like you've been on shrooms for the past week.

Haha i was just thinking about that. My friend was putting on a scopolamine motion sickness patch and he touched the inner side of the patch and managed to rub some in one of his eyes. Well it looked really fucking weird when just one of his pupils where dilated. Ive worn the patch lotsa times and it made my eyes dilated and really blurry. I couldnt read or hardly focus on the TV the whole damn 3 days i had it on.

But unless a person really knows what to look for they won't notice that your pupils are pinned.

i remember resding about something that people used to drink back 200 years ago in euope( the woemn at least) that dialated pupils because they thought it was attractive back then..

i forgot what it was.. so im not much of a help but i know something is out there that will do this

Your probably thinking of belladona which contains scopolamine and atropine. It's much the same as datura only abit more toxic i think. The last thing you would want to do is drink anything containg belladona. Both scopolamine and especially atropine can be quite useful and lifesaving drugs but a overdose of either can be deadly.

Last edited:
I've been looing online for some contacts that don't change eye color but make the pupil a normal size. Colored contacts (not my style anyways) usually give you small pupils. If you have ever been interested in them, you could get some to cover up your opiate pupils. The color contact pupils are probly still a little bigger than pinpoint pupils.

I would really like to find some "theatrical contacts" that just make your pupils look plain old normal or even larger than average would be ok. There doesn't seem to be much of a market for them, though...the search continues.