• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vicodin and Xanax

thatoneguy22

Greenlighter
I am very new here, but I got a hold of some vicodin...7.5's..and i have some 1mg Xanax...i've used vicodin for about 7 months now and i have heard that using Xanax while on vicodin can make it better...what i am wondering is how it will make me feel...when i take xanax alone i just feel relaxed and tired but on vicodin i'm happy and want to be everyone's friend lol...just try to explain to me how i'll feel...thanks

Hey, welcome to bluelight ! I love opiates ... roxys are my fav :) But anyways, i've never been real big into lortabs or vicodin... (Im from FL and no one i knew really messed with them, it was always the harder drugs) But now I recently moved to Tennessee and according to everyone here, vicodin and lortabs are extremely popular here.. Why, i have no idea. So i went to the dentist to get a tooth pulled.. Got 7.5 lortabs.. took half, then snorted the other half. Didn't do much for me really.. only put me in the mood to clean for some odd reason. But I'm also prescribed 2mg of xanax 3 times a day... so I mix them, and in my opinion, i dont feel a difference.. i've been browsing bluelight about vicodin recently and everyone swears you feel a good high or euphoria feeling taking both, but i dont :( Now i went to the dentist again this past week and had a root canal, got 7.5 Vicodin ES (Still never understood what the ES means... if anyone can tell me, that'd be great)... and i ended up selling 5 to my friend bc they arent doing much for me. I do have a high tolerance, so maybe I Just need to take more ya think? I don't know.... But what IS the difference between Lortabs & Vicodin? Anyone??

It's a great combination, but can be very dangerous especially with a low tolerance. I know you are new here, but this is a basic question and I suggest searching before posting another new thread.

Don't snort hydrocodone either...

There is no difference between Lortabs and Vicodin...just varying ratios of hydrocodone to APAP, but the active ingredient, in both, is hydrocodone.

The "ES" in Vicodin ES stands for "Extra Strength." Instead of being 7.5/500, they are 7.5/750 I believe.

OP- If you've taken Vicodin, and you've taken Xanax, then you can probably imagine what combining the two would be like. Just know that Benzos and Opiates have a synergy together, so you may want to reduce your usual dose(s) just a little initially, see how you feel, then go from there.

Yes they have a nice synergy together and every time i have combined them each one feels a bit more potent than it would alone. Just make sure to start with lower doses and work your way up if you want. In my opinion opiate and benzo are an extremely enjoyable combo, just remember mixing 2 CNS depressants can always hold danger so as long as you dosing low you should be in the clear.

Keep in mind that if you take this combo of drugs , you will be severly impaired. The 2 drugs potentiate each other, as im sure some others have said. Unless you have a big tolerance and take it in smaller doses that you can handle, do not take this combo if you have work, school or have to drive or take care of young children.

Hey, welcome to bluelight ! I love opiates ... roxys are my fav :) But anyways, i've never been real big into lortabs or vicodin... (Im from FL and no one i knew really messed with them, it was always the harder drugs) But now I recently moved to Tennessee and according to everyone here, vicodin and lortabs are extremely popular here.. Why, i have no idea. So i went to the dentist to get a tooth pulled.. Got 7.5 lortabs.. took half, then snorted the other half. Didn't do much for me really.. only put me in the mood to clean for some odd reason. But I'm also prescribed 2mg of xanax 3 times a day... so I mix them, and in my opinion, i dont feel a difference.. i've been browsing bluelight about vicodin recently and everyone swears you feel a good high or euphoria feeling taking both, but i dont :( Now i went to the dentist again this past week and had a root canal, got 7.5 Vicodin ES (Still never understood what the ES means... if anyone can tell me, that'd be great)... and i ended up selling 5 to my friend bc they arent doing much for me. I do have a high tolerance, so maybe I Just need to take more ya think? I don't know.... But what IS the difference between Lortabs & Vicodin? Anyone??

Never snort vicodin. Snorting APAP is never a good/smart idea.
Lortab IS vicodin. It's just a different name for it. It's like this : roxies are the same as oxycodone. Just different names.

ES has already been explained so I'll skip that.

Regarding the original question : Adding xanax (something I do on a regular basis- not to vicodin but to oxycodone) will just make you sleepier and perhaps feel a bit more 'drunk.' I wouldn't recommend taking much of it if your tolerance to either substances is low. Take 1mg if you want to play it safe.

^^^ I'm amazed how many people continue to snort vicodin, lortab, percocet, etc or ANY pill that is 99% tylenol/other crap and 1% the drug that you want. Keep in mind its a huge waste of w/e drug it is as well as fucking up your nose

^You don't know what the fuck you're talking about man. I snorted a 500mg loratab last night and I was high as fuuuuuuuck.

Yeah, I'm kidding. Snorting APAP is ridiculous.

A thread about the effects of Vicodin and Xanax would be better posted in BDD.

I'll move this one for you. Welcome to Bluelight!

-> BDD

you people piss me off, if you have never tried this stuff then dont give answers. although it is dangrous its a very low chance, and the recreational use is worth it.

^You don't know what the fuck you're talking about man. I snorted a 500mg loratab last night and I was high as fuuuuuuuck.

Yeah, I'm kidding. Snorting APAP is ridiculous.

I lol-ed!

To the OP though, it's a fairly popular combination, but as others have said it can be dangerous unless you have a fairly high tolerance to both of the substances.

Based on your post it sounds like you have been using hydrocodone for a while, but you aren't so clear on your xanax / benzo tolerance. In any case please be safe and welcome to BL. :)