• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How addictive is Ketamine?

MASTERP

Bluelighter
I have done a total of 200mg (I know, thats nothing) and liked it VERY much. I want to try more but already I can tell how it is addicting (at least mentally). I was wanting to try enough to put me in a k-hole (175-200mg based on my body weight I think), but I am nervous I might come to depend on it.

My last experience with Ketamine was 2-24-09, when will it be safe to experience again? or is it already?

Try and keep it an occasional thing dude. Chronic K abuse rips up your kidneys.

sure.... That's what I said about opiates. Still, no K-hole, still on them...

some people find ketamine impossible to avoid despite harm to the wallet, health, mental health, life, social life, appearance everything..

also it feels like everything is fine the worse things are ussually..

ketamine is VERY addictive.

Tis an acquired taste though!

Ketamine Seduction

I've been using Ketamine for 7 years but the last few years I have been using at least 3 times a week. Its very addicting. When I want to experience a K-Hole an intramuscular injection is required but I still use near daily keep the sensation of being part of another reality. My mind is fucked and I know this. I have had no real desire to quit but have gone stretches of a month or two without it and suffered very mild to moderate physical withdrawals, nothing intense, but mentally its very addicting. Intense cravings for that near-death experience. The utopia of feeling as if being dead or 'gone' is beautiful and the real sense that everything will be 'OK'.

Once you experience a "true" K-Hole then its time to stop. You may love it or you may hate it but whichever it is; love/loathe, you'll still develop a compelling infatuation to try it again. The effects of Ketamine may feel devastating but at the same time they are also seductive. Some enjoy the drug for the same reasons that it is affecting them negatively. :\

"Before reaching the first line of the trip, fragmentation will occur- the world will begin to spin, but it won't be dizzying. Music will become fragmented. Chaos will ensue. At some point, you will find yourself completely removed from your surroundings and your body. Descriptions of the post-line experience vary substantially, but most include talk of alternate planes of existence, oneness, past and future revelations, and strange fabrics of all sorts. It will be very difficult to communicate at this point, and you probably will not be able to see or hear others in the room. Some revelations will be extremely heavy and some scary, but that fear does not seem to come back with you and is therefore difficult to describe as scary. You will probably find yourself coming back across the line again visibly, attempting to put an object in focus or define it. It is at this point that you will likely want to get in touch with your co-trippers. This is the "Wow" period. It is very important here that you do not try to move for awhile. The trip will continue mildly for an
hour or so after this, with more conventional focuses"

- This is my description of a K-Hole written years ago.

This doesn't mean that you should never use again but just take a step back and try and remember that what you experienced is not reality because unlike LSD or mushrooms, it just seems so real and it sticks with you for a long time. You become very shaken up and its hard to distinguish which train of thoughts are true. Thats the mental addiction. You may do it over and over again trying to decide. You become oddly compelled...even if you hated the "K-Hole". 8o

Never mind. I'm now ready to split a vial and prepare an injection for my wife and I (into the thigh). We need to visit Mrs. Kitty Ketamine. :eek:

ket is pretty hard to get addicted to.. i had a daily habit for a year about... but had no problem stopping when i moved away from where my connect was/is

I have done a total of 200mg (I know, thats nothing) and liked it VERY much. I want to try more but already I can tell how it is addicting (at least mentally). I was wanting to try enough to put me in a k-hole (175-200mg based on my body weight I think), but I am nervous I might come to depend on it.

My last experience with Ketamine was 2-24-09, when will it be safe to experience again? or is it already?

Ketamine for me is the most addictive drug I have tried, and I dont succumb to things like addiction very easily. I've done multiple grams in one day, and have used ketamine everyday in a row for weeks.
The average dose for a k-hole is roughyl 1mg per pound of body weight, of course this is without tolerance. I now need ~300mg to hole and I weight ~170lbs. Ketamine tolerance is also permanent.
You should be fine to do it again.

edit - wow I just realized how much it looks like I'm bragging :\ I'm not I'm just trying to explain ketamine tolerance/addiction.
Be safe man :D

Like has been seen, some people don't find it appealing, therefore won't get addicted. Some DO find it appealing, yet they still don't get addicted easily. But some people get addicted extremely easily and will go through hell and high water before they stop.

I've gone on binges but never had a problem with stopping or barely any cravings to speak of afterward either.
Subjective, as a lot of things :\

Once you experience a "true" K-Hole then its time to stop. You may love it or you may hate it but whichever it is; love/loathe, you'll still develop a compelling infatuation to try it again. The effects of Ketamine may feel devastating but at the same time they are also seductive. Some enjoy the drug for the same reasons that it is affecting them negatively. :\

You become very shaken up and its hard to distinguish which train of thoughts are true. Thats the mental addiction. You may do it over and over again trying to decide. You become oddly compelled...even if you hated the "K-Hole". 8o

Finally I read something about K that I can relate to.

The odd thing with K for me was that it was never a drug I really would have described as fun. My friends never understood me when I tried to describe why I couldn't do it any more.

K put me into a very dark place. But I was so strangely comfortable in that blanket of darkness. It bent my perception of so many things in ways I still don't know how to put into words. Again, it wasn't 'fun' but it wasn't bad. And I kept doing it over and over again because I wanted to know 'why'.

Haven't seen you posting in a while k'dout, hope all is well or relatively well ;-)

it gets to a point where there is no dosage you can do that will take away your lucidity.

unless u wanna put urself into some agony lol..

that dude talking bout 300mg.. some people would think that is a VERY low dose aha.

not trying to sound big either cus i'm not saying myself nessacerily but some people you know.

^ Tolerance rises dramatically..
After a long break, a line of a cm or so will fuck you up badly =D And then a week later yer doing lines the size you'd usually do with coke and larger...

Ketamine for me is the most addictive drug I have tried, and I dont succumb to things like addiction very easily. I've done multiple grams in one day, and have used ketamine everyday in a row for weeks.
The average dose for a k-hole is roughyl 1mg per pound of body weight, of course this is without tolerance. I now need ~300mg to hole and I weight ~170lbs. Ketamine tolerance is also permanent.
You should be fine to do it again.

edit - wow I just realized how much it looks like I'm bragging :\ I'm not I'm just trying to explain ketamine tolerance/addiction.
Be safe man :D

thanks for the input man. it helped.

K is not addictive to me because it FUCKS ME UP. I trip a LOT, but a K trip is fucking something else. I have had large amounts of K, on several occasions, and it really isn't pleasant enough for me to be addicted. It IS something that is fun to do with your friends, but not something that feels so good that you're going to want to do it again as soon as you come down like an opiate or other really addictive substance

See for me, I'm the opposite. I've spent days at home just doing ketamine from when I wake up to when I eventually pass out.

Yes tolerance is a bitch with Ketamine. My wife and I try to keep our use to once every three days (opposed to every other day) so that we can catch a K-Hole on a monthly basis without having to use too much to obtain it. We use on the same days and usually 100mg every three hours about 5 times a day (Split a vial of Ketaset) with a 'bullet'. We don't use on these days to purposely catch a K-Hole, just to keep the world in a 'bent' (personal definition: different than 'your' world and how 'you' think) perspective. If you were to just meet us you'd have no idea that we were under the influence of it. Its become part of our personality.

When that time of the month comes around we use the needle. Roughly half a gram in the arm or thigh will do it. We will follow up by going through multiple vials for 48 hours without leaving home or moving around much. Its our little "48 hour holiday". The grand finale is followed by a dab of 200mg MDMA crystals. The two drugs compliment each other very well. Then after 8-12 hours of sleep its time to go back and enter our bent reality.

It may sound good to you, it may sound so fucking wrong but the point of this post is to let you know what Ketamine addiction is. I love/loath it.

But hey, I no longer use dope.

ohhh good old K... reminds me of Michael Alig!! :]
Ketamine, indeed, is a hard drug to explain.
I totally agree with the infatuation factor mentioned, but my case wasnt so.
My first time I entered the K Hole and found 12 different worlds that scared me to death, but were somehow more sensible than the world I live in.
Lucky for me, Im an opiate head haha :]
Or I would eat a whole lot of cereal...

Last edited: