• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How addictive is Ketamine?

all of these posts are really intriguing about ketamine use. i've never seen it around, but it sounds interesting and scary at the same time.

From what I understand the addictive properties of ketamine are psychological, and rarely physical if at all. If you're into hallucinogens and like the experience then you're more likely to feel that "addiction" to do it again and again (as with any drug). Whereas people like me don't really, I'll do it if a bump is right in front of me but if I never did it again I wouldn't care. Depends on your drug personality.

K is the most amazing drug in the world, IMO. I think it is definitely "more than a drug". I had the opportunity, several years ago, to do some great K for a while. I got it for 2 weeks of the month 3 months in a row. So, I binged 3 times for 1-2 weeks. I loved it. Once it was gone, I never hurt for it or anything like I do for opiates. I will always remember the amazing experiences I had on K. Personally, I don't think it is addictive any more than anything else. Of course, I am in the school of thought that believes it is the person that is addictive, not the substance.

I'd like to update you all on my k use. :p i now use about a gram a month, all insufflated, i havent gotten to IM'ing it yet. but i now am extremely intrigued in continuing my discovery of the k universe. it is such a beautiful thing to stop existing and view everything around you in an omnipotent perspective, and then when you are bored with that to slip-stream into another dimension/universe and tour the galaxy's with your dolphin friends.

I absolutely love the 'k-hole' and everything that comes with it.

recently though i've noticed it takes me about twice as much to k-hole as it did when i started, and even when i do it is not as fulfilling as when i first started using, so naturally i have started thinking about starting to IM it.

I realize this is a dangerous thought pattern that could get me into a true k habbit and i plan to cut back on my use as much as i can.

LOL so much for "I think i'll just stay away from it now on.", eh?

We've all said that before. I used to use K daily, now I haven't in months. Wasn't hard to stop at all, in fact I basically just stopped because I got bored of it. I have a really addictive personality too, I struggle with opiates and stimulants.

Try and keep it an occasional thing dude. Chronic K abuse rips up your kidneys.

i second that heavy use can lead to sum serious problems a friend of mine has serious water works problems blood in urine has to wear a bag on permanently he only 27 i could of cryed for him i think its right to more of a psycological addiction

Only have done it 2 times..... (snorted both times) LOVED IT..... so i stayed away i already have a OXY Benzo hobby no need to add......

but yeah its a love hate like shrooms..... some people like the dissociation feeling with the other good high that it comes with but at higher does i hear its get fucked up AKA K-Hole... never been there and not trying to.....

As I've mentioned twice before on this thread to what seems a long time ago, Ketamine IS addictive and you can develop mental withdrawals. It can grab you until you begin using on a weekly occasion. You begin to crave that K-Hole so much, you just can't wait. I've been using it weekly for roughly a year now. I can't even remember the dose that I began using to achieve a K-Hole but now I use half a gram via IM or an entire gram insufflated. Nowadays I mostly go the IM route because it takes me to the most beautiful place I want to be immediately without having to cook it up, scrape it off the plate and then hurt my noes. My wife and I only have to go through one vial versus two. (Not like we have to worry about picking it up, I'm sure we have like 25% of all the K in Arizona! j/k kinda. :D) Although I will admit the process of cooking Ketamine and scraping is fun. ;)

The couple things I've noticed since using it so much is a change in my personality and my outlook and views of life. Hard to describe. But it does change you.

Anyway, if you enjoy the K-Hole experience after the first couple times using and you've got a source than its VERY easy to become dependent upon it within a little period of time.

I bumped about .5 my first time and .7 both times and didnt get close to the K-hole. YOu said u bump that much noww and u go to the K-hole so i might be misunderstanding exactly what the k-hole is......

However i do i have unnaturally high tolerance for anything. To feel OXY the first time ( i ever did it) like to get high i had to take a 30MG, Benzos were about 50-60 MG (valium to feel), I even have to eat a quarter of shrooms to see any visuals and i dont even trip that hard... all my sources are good and i know its good product just my body seems to have a tolerance.....

by IM did you mean IV?

K hole is like from train spotting when the guy gets stuck/sinks (obi from star wars was the actor) in the carpet and u cant move type thing? right? or am i am idiot.....

both times when i snorted .5ish i mean i felt great, didnt care about anything, stubbled around, and when i smoked (Bud) i just straight sat on the couch for like 45 mins and didnt feel like i had to move cause i was so comfortable. But i could move and think..... def has dissociative properties though... Could that be considered a light K-hole?

K'd-OUT could you please respond?

Last edited:
I bumped about .5 - .7 both times and didnt get close to the K-hole. by IM did you mean IV?

K hole is like from train spotting when the guy gets stuck/sinks (obi from star wars was the actor) in the carpet and u cant move type thing? right? or am i am idiot.....

both times when i snorted .5ish i mean i felt great, didnt care about anything, stubbled around, and when i smoked (Bud) i just straight sat on the couch for like 45 mins and didnt feel like i had to move cause i was so comfortable. But i could move and think..... def has dissociative properties though...

K'd-OUT could you please respond?

Hey,

I mean IM when I say IM. It knocks you out just about instantly into a K-Hole. I have no reason to use it IV. After shooting it, it is like the actors when they just fall down onto the carpet/sinks and can't move. I'll lay in the same position for about 60 minutes. Hitting a K-Hole has you pretty much knocked out for a good amount of time. I'd shoot (IM) 1/3rd the vial and the about 1.5 hours later I'd do the second third of the vial. So I basically use more like 650mg to reach my K-Holes. I'd say using the IM route is about x3 the potency in dose compared to insufflation.

Maybe you need a little more to fall into a K-Hole. I can tell you have tolerance. Maybe you need the entire vial (1 gram) to reach a K-Hole, Thats how much I use when insufflate it. You'll know when you reach a K-Hole.

Also, from my experience smoking bud kills part of the high.

hrmmm.... i got it in crystal form no vial or liquid..... but i did enjoy it and your scaring me into thinking ill love the K-hole....

but yeah tolerance has always been an issue for me...... :( Sucks because it just costs more $$$ and the first time i do shit i never know if i should take the threshold or the with tolerance dosage lol....... But with the K my friend told me it wouldnt matter if i got a little high or alot high because i would enjoy it.... he was right lol.

The couch thing where i didnt have to move cause i felt so good.... was that kinda like a k-hole?

Hmmm...maybe your getting a little stiffed on purchasing into crystal form. Many dealers sell it already cooked, versus straight from the vial so that they can keep a little for them self or cut it with something else. My first time purchasing it in crystal form, it actually had a little bit of methamphetamine. Just a thought.

K-Hole...

"Before reaching the first line of the trip, fragmentation will occur- the world will begin to spin, but it won't be dizzying. Music will become fragmented. Chaos will ensue. At some point, you will find yourself completely removed from your surroundings and your body. Descriptions of the post-line experience vary substantially, but most include talk of alternate planes of existence, oneness, past and future revelations, and strange fabrics of all sorts. It will be very difficult to communicate at this point, and you probably will not be able to see or hear others in the room. Some revelations will be extremely heavy and some scary, but that fear does not seem to come back with you and is therefore difficult to describe as scary. You will probably find yourself coming back across the line again visibly, attempting to put an object in focus or define it. It is at this point that you will likely want to get in touch with your co-trippers. This is the "Wow" period. It is very important here that you do not try to move for awhile. The trip will continue mildly for an
hour or so after this, with more conventional focuses"

- This is my description of a K-Hole written years ago in my Ketamine FAQ (everything is actually explained in that guide of mine which can be found in the FAQ forum.)

My friend bought it for monies a gram and both sources are very trusted as in im sure it wasnt cut.... however... please refer to my statement. I was on the couch and felt no need to move the curtains were fucked up in a wierd acid but not acid way........ but i felt like i didnt have to move and was very content..... maybe a little DXM ish (not plateau Sigma however ive been there LOL not fun at all!!)

sound like i was close?

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend bought it for monies a gram and both sources are very trusted as in im sure it wasnt cut.... however... please refer to my statement. I was on the couch and felt no need to move the curtains were fucked up in a wierd acid but not acid way........ but i felt like i didnt have to move and was very content..... maybe a little DXM ish (not plateau Sigma however ive been there LOL not fun at all!!)

sound like i was close?

no. when u hole out you know A) your description sounds like a normal, small dose, and B) if you fell in a hole you would most def have no question.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... however... please refer to my statement. I was on the couch and felt no need to move the curtains were fucked up in a wierd acid but not acid way........ but i felt like i didnt have to move and was very content

sound like i was close?

LOL. I'm very sorry bro. From the effects you described thats what is called a "LIGHT" dose. With no tolerance and around 150-170 lbs. thats usually the effects that you get after doing a 50mg bump.

These are the doses for Ketamine:

Threshold .1mg/lb nasal; .1mg/lb IM
Light .15mg/lb nasal; .15mg/lb IM
Common .3mg/lb nasal; .2mg/lb IM
Strong .75mg/lb nasal; .5mg/lb IM
K-Hole 1mg/lb nasal; .75mg/lb IM
Anaesthetic 1.5mg/lb nasal; 1mg/lb IM

I remember that feeling you explained. Back when I first started using, after the first couple 25mg bumps, I'd lay down on the couch and exhibit curtains sort of "melting", sort of stuck on the couch, content, however if I wanted to move I could but rather not until I did a couple more bumps. Watching the walls kind of moving back and forward. Certain objects stick out and are a little more colorful than usual.

I'm sorry but thats nothing NEAR a K-Hole. You haven't seemed to even reach the "COMMON" dose when you begin to leave your body and move around above yourself and to other places while just sitting down.

All I can suggest since you are using such massive doses and getting literally nowhere is to test out your stuff by going out and buying a sealed vial (preferably Ketaset or Ketalar but those brand names may be harder to find) at a club or rave...most likely places people will have them. Just spread the word around. One you get one, cook it up, scrape from plate and see how far the effects can get you. You may be surprised what a real gram looks like and realize that you've been shorted.

That or you are using too much and reaching the "Anaesthetic" plateau, in which you don't experience a K-Hole, just feel real numb with very little trippy effects. 500-700mg is a lot for someone who doesn't use on a consistent basis.

It is so different for everyone, I have some friends who hate it and don't see how anyone could get addicted. But these are the friends who will eat a hit of weak L and trip super hard...or usually hate psyches.

If you are a psychonaut, I think it is a dangerous one. I love that shit, but I haven't even hit the K hole. I've had my room vortex out from under me, and my mind feel like it just sucked away from my head and watched me go with it but I don't think it was quite there. I'm excited to try more.

Anyway, super addictive to certain people, but only mentally really. I don't think it is that addictive physically. Watch yourself and be safe, it is possible to use this substance responsibly. :)

I love ketamine it's a awesome drug :D . I love the freaky high of it. But i don't find it addictive at all. I never had any compulsion to do more of it.

gotcha.... I guess ill have to go balls to the wall next time...

Ketamine tolerance is also permanent.

^^ just curious, how is this possible? i'm just too unfamiliar with ketamine's specific action(s) on receptors in the human brain to really understand how tolerance works with ketamine.

to the OP: i found K very addicting the one night i did it. i just kept going back again and again for another bag, and then another bag, and then another bag, hahah. but that has nothing to do with long-term addiction, but i did feel the need/want to redose as i started to come down.