• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How does one maximize opiate obsorbtion?

mikebobjohn

Bluelighter
If one had access to oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine, how could one maximize obsorbtion of those medications when taking them orally?

For morphine, is it best to take it on an emtpy stomach, full stomach? Right after a meal? Right before? Does taking it with any certain type of food or drink increase its effects?

And the same questions for both oxy and norco. Empty stomach, full? Before/after meal? What foods or drinks to take it with?

And finally, I'm looking for any simple, safe, legal ways to potentiate these drugs as well. I looked in the opiate potentiation thread and the suggestions were almost all random drugs I hadn't heard of and thus didn't know whether or not they were safe. Many required prescriptions that most can't get ahold of. I'm just looking for simple stuff one could buy at the pharmacy or the grocery store that will make opiates taken orally either have a stronger effect and-or make the opiates last longer.

If there is no simple or moderately simple solution, then I am interested in hearing the top best (and completely safe) more complicated solutions. The other problem I had with the opiate potentiation thread was there loads and loads of various ideas of supposed ways to potentiate opiates, so I had no idea which ones to actually pursue because there were so many. So I'm just interested in the simplest, safest, and most effective. I'm not looking just to get more tired like with benedryl, or anything like that. I'm looking for something that actually increases the opiate warmth, buzz, relaxation, euphoria, and pain relief (or as many of those as possible), and-or makes the opiate's effects last longer than they normally would.

Thank you very very kindly for your help. It is quite needed and very very much appreciated indeed.

For oxymorphone (Opana), a fatty meal is recommended to increase bio availability. I'm not sure if this has any effects on other opiates.

Take the drugs after a fairly intense weight training session. Absolute heaven.

I agree with the first reply. Fatty meal, preferably lots of starches. Why not steak and taters? WHY NOT?!

tagamet is a good potentiator for hydro and oc (don't know about morphine though). In my opinion, it doesn't make the drugs 'hit' harder, but it increases the duration significantly. Take ~600mgs an hour prior to your your regular oc/hydro dose.

personally i prefer to do all drug sessions on an empty stomach or slightly-filled stomach (never full basically). i also never eat in the middle of a session. it's probably all mindset, but i don't feel as if i can get any more fucked up if i eat a little bit. i haven't really read anyone else feeling the same, so this might just be unique to me (or a small few).

and of course, you have to smoke some cigarettes after your dose. always, always, ALWAYS makes me feel even more fucked up. cigarettes are what put me over the edge (in a good way) or what brings me to that wonderful 'nod' state.

I've heard that Tagamet, quinine (in certain brands of tonic water), and antihistamines all potentiate or at least STRENGTHEN the opiate high. Have also heard good things about grapefruit juice, though I don't know the science behind any of these.

Of course, having a low dose of a benzo like Xanax or Valium, some good weed, or a sensible amount of alcohol can also add to the "nod" effect, but aren't potentiators per se. The emptier your stomach is, the harder most opiates will hit, but this can increase stomach upset for some people.

I like eating something very small.. wait 20 min since my metabolism is working hard... then break the pill (depending on what it is) and eat it.

Hits me very fast and hard.

If one had access to oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine, how could one maximize obsorbtion of those medications when taking them orally?

For morphine, is it best to take it on an emtpy stomach, full stomach? Right after a meal? Right before? Does taking it with any certain type of food or drink increase its effects?

And the same questions for both oxy and norco. Empty stomach, full? Before/after meal? What foods or drinks to take it with?

And finally, I'm looking for any simple, safe, legal ways to potentiate these drugs as well. I looked in the opiate potentiation thread and the suggestions were almost all random drugs I hadn't heard of and thus didn't know whether or not they were safe. Many required prescriptions that most can't get ahold of. I'm just looking for simple stuff one could buy at the pharmacy or the grocery store that will make opiates taken orally either have a stronger effect and-or make the opiates last longer.

If there is no simple or moderately simple solution, then I am interested in hearing the top best (and completely safe) more complicated solutions. The other problem I had with the opiate potentiation thread was there loads and loads of various ideas of supposed ways to potentiate opiates, so I had no idea which ones to actually pursue because there were so many. So I'm just interested in the simplest, safest, and most effective. I'm not looking just to get more tired like with benedryl, or anything like that. I'm looking for something that actually increases the opiate warmth, buzz, relaxation, euphoria, and pain relief (or as many of those as possible), and-or makes the opiate's effects last longer than they normally would.

Thank you very very kindly for your help. It is quite needed and very very much appreciated indeed.

For morphine, the best way is not to take it orally, as 10% of it is metabolised I believe. But if you want to go the non-dirty route and take it orally, I believe eating a cheese sandwich and taking some Tums will somewhat improve it's absorption, if little.

Oxycodone and hydrocodone have both got great bioavailabilities when taken orally.

Proglumide has potentiating effects of opioids if taken 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to opioid consumption. If you have no access or can't import proglumide, then I'd just take some Tagamet, about 400-800 mg of the drug 30 minutes prior to opioid consumption.

Benadryl (dipenhydramine) will somewhat potentiate the effects of oral oxycodone, morphine and hydrocodone, and will relieve you of the itch and some nausea associated with such drug use. You may also look into getting a prescription for Hydroxyzine if you live in the USA, or some OTC products like Doxylamine succinate and Promethazine.

It's no problem dude, just remember that people do die from taking opioids, and die quicker from combining drugs. If you really must look for methods to potentiate your high, then I'd recommend you rather take a break from opioid use and reduce your tolerance because it says a problem is lurking beneath the surface when you are looking for non-natural ways to potentiate/strengthen your high from drugs.

Peace.

did u ever try snorting the meds?
the bio availability is higher and so is the onset of action for most meds so u'll be getting more outta the pill
there is info about how to snort/insufflate each pill here on BL
also rectal has higher bio availability than oral for a lot of meds

the BA of each ROA is different depending which med u are taking about
here is a link:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22807

Ime, taking on an empty stomach with plenty of hot liquid potentiates oral opioids greatly.
A lot of users swear by tagamet antacids & other stomach pills.

I would add that i would have also crunched the pills i have taken , sustained release & instant release.
I visit quite a few sites concerned with oral opiods eg,oxy,mst, dhc continus etc & all of them caution that 'crunching' the sustained release versions in some instances have caused a fatal 'rush' that could be similar to a cardiac arrest.
In the spirit of harm reduction, i always try to stay as well informed as possible about anything i might be taking or might be thinking of taking.

take care

A lot of users swear by tagamet antacids & other stomach pills.

It's nothing to do with the fact that tagamet is a stomach pill. Tagamet just happens to inhibit an enzyme involved in clearing a lot of opiates from the body. So although tagamet works, there is no reason to presume that other stomach pills will do the same. I know that you are only saying what other people believe but I just wanted to clear that up for anyone reading who might be confused.

Thanks for your help everyone!

So are tagamet and quinine completely safe to take? Isn't quinine a maleria medicine? Doesn't sound too safe. And are they both over the counter?

Grapefruit juice would obviously be the easiest if it really worked. Does it?

Also, to the person who said hot tea. What kind of tea specifically? Or does it matter?

Some have said take with lots of food, some have said take with none. Which is correct?

Also, I notice that when I'm really tired, or half asleep, or going to bed and falling asleep, or when I wake up in the middle of the night and take medicine and then go back to sleep... in all of those instances, just basically when I'm exhausted, I notice that opiates affect me like twice as strong as they usually do. As in there is more warmth, more relaxation, more "euphoria." What is it about being tired that potentiates opiates? There must be a scientific explanation. It must be that one of the chemicals the body makes or releases more of when tired potentiates opiates. So is it melonin? Which is it? Which chemical is the one that potentiates opiates when one is tired? Anyone know?

And if anyone has any more ideas please add them.

Again, thank you all so much for replying. I really appreciate the time it takes to share your wisdom.

^Tagamet is safe to take, and its over the counter, maybe you can find some generic cimetidine since Tagamet (the brand) gets pricey. IIRC, large doses of quinine aren't great for you, as in if you took several malaria pills. However quinine is also in tonic water, and as long as you just have a glass of it or something you'd be fine.

Personally though I feel like being tired doesn't really potentiate opiates. Instead it just alters the content of my experience, and makes it crappier.

There's a rather large thread about opiate/opioid potentiation around.