• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do I feel absolutely nothing from nutmeg?

Dowii

Greenlighter
First of all I know nutmeg is supposedly a crappy drug but I like to experience every drug I can. Anyways... I took about 4 tablespoons at 12:00 noon today and then 3 more table spoons at 4:00 and it is now 8:21 and I have felt nothing. I have no felt nausea or feverish or any sort or high. It was preground nutmet that you buy at the grocery store... Does that kind not work?

Last edited:
why the fuck do you even wanna take that? its a shitty drug that has bad side effects and lasts a long time. just think yourself lucky you didn't feel like shit for 20 hours. or just swallow a dozen tablespoons all at once cause you want to experience every drug you can. grow up man, do things that are fun and worth your time.

I'm moving this to Basic Drug Discussion.

Thread Closed.

What? What are you talking about? You're a greenlighter d00d.

You feel absolutely nothing because nutmeg is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Save the Nutmeg for the Pumpkin pie and go get some pot or something.
I know this is harm reduction, but really, if you want to get high- find some real drugs.

Holy shit, I complain more than I should about the quality of OD, but it's really fucked up to get on here and see a nutmeg thread.

OP: If you are young, stay the fuck away from drugs and the fact that you are willing to use nutmeg in an attempt to get high really is sad to me.

First of all I know nutmeg is supposedly a crappy drug

exaclty, nutmeg is shit and awaste of time.

Please be careful with 'drugs' like nutmeg. It has the potential to make you feel absolutely terrible - like death - for quite a while after ingestion. Please avoid (apart from in your egg nog).

I didnt feel it until the next day personally.

But that was ages ago.

WTF is everyones problem here? YES nutmeg is shitty drug- the OP even acknowledges this fact. Everyone jumping on his case and telling him its a shitty drug does nothing to answer his question, and it doesnt even provide him with info hes not already aware of.

So for whatever reason, this guy wants to get an effect from nutmeg. its not for anyone here to judge his desire to do so. There are many drugs that i feel are "shitty" (salvia, dxm, etc.), but for those that enjoy them- great.

IMO hes asking a legit question. for those of u who answered "because its nutmeg", you are way off the mark. nutmeg can have VERY strong effects- these effects are often unpleasant, but it can be quite potent nonetheless. So the OP is asking why he did not get any effects. My answer would be that most likely the reason you didnt experience effects is that you need to use fresh, whole nutmeg. from what i understand, old, ground nutmeg is weak and often does not work. so there you go.

for the record- nutmeg IS a shitty drug....

Dude, all you bros talking dirt against my homeboy Nutmeg don't know a dollar from a bill, ya'll!

Dude, my main man the OP! Yo playa, you just probably so high on tha' god-damn nutmeg in the first place, that you don't even realise that you high, booiii!

W3rd Up!

Can anyone tell me why I actually enjoy deleriants? I don't think it's just a "yay I'm high" type of enjoyment. I've tried a lot of things and I actually prefer deleriants and downers, while most people would say "why would you want to put yourself through that."

Datura was actually my first recreational drug. I was very young and at that time I was just looking for something to get high on, and my older cousin didn't have anything else on hand at the time. Now that I'm older, I've done a lot of stuff and have an idea of what I like and don't like, and for some damn reason I always go back to the deleriants. I've done nutmeg a couple times and that was ok. I always have a few grams of diphenhydramine on hand. If I get a craving for stimulants or opiates it's almost like I'm looking forward to the comedown, not the high. Maybe deep down inside I hate myself and I want to put myself through hell? idk

i'm going to send this over to BDD to see if you get anymore responses.

feel free to do what you want 6/7 and obyron

I really enjoy nutmeg. I started taking it because I quit smoking weed. At least for me it provides a nearly identical feeling to marijuana. The next day I am a little spacey. but nothing too bad. I believe that nutmeg works diferently for everyone. To answer your question, I don't know why you don't feel anything. I suspect that you either tried really bad nutmeg, or it just doesn't work for you. I use the ground nutmeg from the grocery store and it works great. If you really want to try it, try taking a different brand. The way I take it is by making little squares of a napkin and wrapping them around about a teaspoon of nutmeg. Then I just swallow 3-8 of those. good luck.