• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how to smoke poppy pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrawdog

Bluelighter
hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but i heard somewhere that there's a way to smoke poppy pods. i read about cooked flake opium on another message board, which you can make with the pods and smoke, but that sounded very complicated and a lot of equipment was necessary.

i was just wondering if there's any easier way to make a smokable substance from dried poppy pods. what if you just put the poppy straw into a pot with water and evaporate all the water from it, leaving a hard bottom that's less powdery than the original straw? or what happens if you just smoke the powder after grinding up the pod?

i really want to be able to make a smokable form out of poppy pods instead of just drinking the tea, because i prefer smoking much more than oral ingestion, so if anyone has any knowledge or tips on this, i would really appreciate it. thanks!

also, i wouldn't even mind if some of the material was wasted, as long as i could get high from it.

preferably you'd make a tea and drink it.. I don't know about smoking a poppy pod, doesn't sound to efficient or plesant.

well i tried the tea already and its okay but i think smoking it would be better. it would probably hit you a lot faster so that you could keep track of your dose more easily. also, it seems like the effects would be stronger and maybe it wouldn't last so long.

Dude......... Why? If drinking wasn't great add another pod. You want to smoke dry plant material that the manufacterer did not intend to be smoked(therefore not cleaned or w/e). On top of that pods aren't refined opium. You can't smoke raw opium right out of the pod it must be refined to smoking form. Maybe you didn't know this so you thought it would be good to smoke pods? Any way don't do it it ain't gonna work.

Well, it's possible to create a smokable extract from poppy pods, but it's not easy.

A single extraction isn't nearly good enough. Doing one simple water extract then three or four Acid/Base extractions should leave you with a nice white powder.

Smoking the plain pod isn't possible. Have you ever seen how much powder goes into one cup of tea? A lot more than a few bowls of pot.

You're going to lose a lot of the alkaloidal content in the process though, maybe 10-20%, and considering the time and effort, you'd have to be working with a kg+ worth of pods.

or what happens if you just smoke the powder after grinding up the pod?
You would have to smoke the powder of several poppies to experience anything, that would be what, like 25 bowls?

You would have to smoke the powder of several poppies to experience anything, that would be what, like 25 bowls?

so smoking a little bit won't do anything? i just hate how long poppy pod tea lasts and how long it takes to start working. is there any faster/shorter duration way to use poppy pods besides making cooked flake opium or whatever?

well what are you working with? Do you only have dried pods or do you have plants growing?

not true if your tolerance is not that high (for pod putty)

small amounts can be nice because it hits quicker there is a greater satisfaction off of less, but it is still wayyyy weaker than opium off a plant

Last edited:
Based on all the knowledge I have recently acquired about poppy pods and ingesting them I would say to make a stronger concentrated tea.

well what are you working with? Do you only have dried pods or do you have plants growing?

all i have is dried pods, ground into powder.

not true if your tolerance is not that high (for pod putty)

small amounts can be nice because it hits quicker there is a greater satisfaction off of less, but it is still wayyyy weaker than opium off a plant

wait so it actually would work if i just tried smoking a bowl or two of the powder itself? i have pretty much zero tolerance i think since i haven't done opiate much before and just started trying pod tea.

Based on all the knowledge I have recently acquired about poppy pods and ingesting them I would say to make a stronger concentrated tea.

the most i've tried at once so far is about 5 pods worth of arizona purple poppies, and then a few hours later i rebrewed the same powder i previously used and drank that, which would bring the total strenght to 7 pods all together maybe (i'm not sure how strong the rebrew is)? i felt pretty good from that but i want to try more, i'm just worried about taking too much and i hate how the effects last a while into the next day if i take a lot. i get really sleepy from that much and have trouble staying awake sometimes. also i will just pass out randomly and wake up randomly in short intervals but since i don't have much opiate experience, i'm not sure if this is just regular nodding or if i'm nearing the limit of what i should safely take. how much do you recommend i try next time?

wait so it actually would work if i just tried smoking a bowl or two of the powder itself? i have pretty much zero tolerance i think since i haven't done opiate much before and just started trying pod tea.
Please don't try it, esspecially because you have no tolerance. There is so little information available on the topic of smoking pod putty and other pod products, and so many conflicting reports, that trying this without any tolerance is asking for trouble.

Stick to taking it orally. As it has already been mentioned, trying to make a more concentrated brew can cut down on the time it takes to kick in a little.

If you cook the opium down at over 150 degrees fahrenheit, you will destroy the product. You will get much more high for your money by making tea.

smoking flake/putty does not work and smoking the grounds definitely won't work. if you want more bang for your buck try rectal administration of it. there have been a lot of posts dealing with extraction of smokeable/injectable morphine from pods, but the bottom line seems to be that it's not worth the trouble. you need skills and proper equipment. just smoke some heroin, it will be a lot cheaper/stronger.

If you want to smoke pods to good effect, you must first boil and filter.

It is possible to feel something from smoking the plain pods, but you won't get really high and it is very hard on the lungs. I made just one cigarette from ground poppies a while back and smoked the thing, I'd say it was half of a slightly larger than golf ball poppy. Felt more like I had eaten 2 or 3 of them, but the smoking was painful and I'd never do it again.

Got better results from making poppy tea and filtering through coffee filters twice. It was very slow. Felt more like what I expected from opium, but smoke still way too harsh.

I'd like to try again with a series of filters with progressively smaller holes until the size of filter is only a few microns, then drying out. I'd repeat the process with used material several times, This should allow me to obtain an almost pure morphine, codeine, and other minor constituents that would be perfect for smoking. I doubt it would work if I started with the finest filter since it would quickly clog. I don't know if this is a realistic or practical method. Does it sound doable to any of you readers? I'll definitely try this summer if/when I get my materials together.

Maybe I could even produce a stronger opiate using the obtained material along with some knowledge of chemistry. Maybe heroin, or even etorphine. I know little of how to make the latter, but the first seems pretty easy if only I could get the precursors. I know I won't be making any synthetic opiates/opiods any time soon, but there are a few that seem really easy if only the precursors were around. Which isn't the subject of this post anyway.

^ so all you do is make ppt and filter it and it becomes more concentrated so you can smoke it? i don't understand how this works...

he's saying he wants to filter out virtually all of the plant material and then evaporate the tea he would be left with a product that can be smoked.

zrawdog -

ive never done it, but I have heard that dissolving poppy goo in a minimum amount of mildly acidic water and then washing with toluene leaves a smokeable powder.

I dont know if toluene is the perfect "de-fatting" solvent for this, or if a solvent with dissimilar structure from toluene (like naptha/pet ether, dcm, etc) would be better.

Also, id like to stress that i have literally never tried this...im not denying it for internet safety reasons. Ive never done it. I think the tea tastes good, so i have no need for smokeable product. Plus, the more you process it the more you lose..

but anyway kiddies if you decide to try this, remember, toluene, xylene, naptha, etc are flammable!
So dissolve yer poppy goo in the minimum amount of water, then you wont need much organic solvent. Also get some cross ventilation happening or do it outside. So then if you do have an accident, youre less apt to blind or kill yourself...or burn off your eyebrows...

Status
Not open for further replies.