• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how to smoke poppy pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I don't think that works. Morphine, the main opiate in the pods, is only soluble in a very narrow range of pH (11 something).

^well, if what you say is true then it wouldnt be possible to make poppy tea without adding lye or KOH or some other strong base. Acids and bases dont dissociate in organic solvents.

edit:

as i said, we are washing with toluene here.

This is not an extraction - the extraction yields the poppy pod goo that is then washed.

So mabye im stupid right, but in conclusion, poppy pods smoked DO GET YOU BUZZED/HIGH! Yes they are harsh on the lungs so we heard, but they most definatley worked we heard.

Signed....Subsemnatu Comisarul Moldovean

. i get really sleepy from that much and have trouble staying awake sometimes. also i will just pass out randomly and wake up randomly in short intervals.

I think the tea is working just fine.

Sounds like youre nodding hard! ;)

Like Muie pretty much said. Question got answered.

This thread is probably as good as closed for sure.

I would love to see someone just smoke the raw pod material! If the person did not have a severe allergic reaction, it would be hilarious.

Reminds me of people smoking Vicodin and "red rock opium", and thusly claiming it was "real good stuff man!". And of course, when smoked with marijuana, they got reall "fucked up". I love the ignorance of the masses.

Not to insult the OP, but have you read any material about poppy pods? You realize that even if you had all the alkaloids from one pod bioavailable, it would not be enough to get "high".

So when a pod is broken up it would be likely 5 or 6 "bowls" of material. Smoking all of that acrid plant matter would be hilarious, if you could even achieve the feat.

But smoking actual opium is possible, but the opium you produce through kitchen-chemistry is not a good candidate for heated inhalation. I', sure others have already posted why.

^ no i figured that smoking it probably wouldn't work but i was hoping there would be an easy method to make it smokable or something. i tried smoking the straw a while ago and i made it through maybe two or three bowls before i couldn't stand anymore. it hurt my throat and lungs and tasted horrible. i also didn't feel anything whatsoever, which i figured would be the case, but i just wanted to check to make sure.

^ no i figured that smoking it probably wouldn't work but i was hoping there would be an easy method to make it smokable or something. i tried smoking the straw a while ago and i made it through maybe two or three bowls before i couldn't stand anymore. it hurt my throat and lungs and tasted horrible. i also didn't feel anything whatsoever, which i figured would be the case, but i just wanted to check to make sure.

I appreciate dedication to the cause but man, that had to be some harsh smoke. As nasty as the tea tastes, I don't even want to think about burning pod powder. :p

You can smoke the flake if you filter it out and evaporate the water below 170 degrees F* out and scrape the goo. Ive never done this. I have no idea what the dosage is like, but the process has its advocates and some people prefer the experience to opium though the smoke isnt as clean. Other people say it sucks.

Alternately, you can use the flake to make Laudanum by dissolving the flake in brandy or cognac.

How do I know if the dried poppies are the ones that are of the opium type. My local florist sells dried pods on the stalk however I cant tell if they are opium poppies. For all I know they could be Californian poppies or some other type of poppy that contains nothing of value.

The florist tells me they are definitely somniferum poppies. She also said she can get fresh pods too. Are the fresh green pods better? Would they still contain extract able latex when separated from the plant? I suppose fresh is best. Do the seeds grow well in Australia.

Is it possible to make an extraction using the same methods as dxm or dmt extraction?

They should grow there; they're very hardy and the temp sounds ideal. I dont know if theyre legal there. Fresh pods still rooted are your only real shot at getting pure opium. Pricking the pods for sap IS ilegal wherever you live. (I'm growing poppy this year myself).

I guarantee you this: you will need to plant a LOT of poppies. The yields per pod are not great.(dependent on strain).

How do I do an acid-base extract. Is it the same as a dxm extract with naptha and ammonia?

Do the seeds grow well in Australia.

Your located in Sydney?

Did you know that Australia is home to one of the biggest (or possibly the biggest) industrial poppy farming operations for pharmaceutical use?

The Tasmanian poppy strain is world famous for its potency. If you plan to ingest poppy pods which you acquired in Australia, there's every chance they are Tasmanian poppies and contain high concentrations of alkaloids.

There is shitloads of info about this on this forum and dozens of others on the net.

Yeah I know about tasmania and you are right. Unfortunately the poppy farms are owned by the big pharma companies and the poppy and products end up in the good ole USA. However there is a slight possibility that some do end up in florist shops in sydney. The ones here my florist swears they are of the opium type as she has been selling them to people like me for years. I hope she is right. I am concerned though as they are a bit oblong and not round and she says the oblong ones are opium and the round ones aren't. I wish I knew an afghani opium grower.

^oblong is perfectly normal for Tassies. They vary in shape.

The florist is probably right in what she says in this case, as some of the ornamental poppy strains have big and consistently very round pods.

The poppy seeds you buy in a supermarket (sorry, can't mention specific brand) in Aus are in fact the seeds that come from the opium poppies in Tasmania. This is written on the government website which explains the Tasmanian poppy industry practices: the thebaine strain seeds are destroyed, while the opium strain seeds are sold for culinary use.

Amazing that they actually tell everyone this on their website - on other words, in clears up the concern people have about growing thebaine strain Tassies, and makes it clear that you can buy opium plant seeds in supermarkets. Thanks for that, gov!

We can't identify strains or species for you - that falls under our "no substance ID" policy. In regards to poppy seed information specific to Australia, I recommend checking out our region-specific Australian Drug Discussion forum.

Since this is an old thread that would not be allowed now anyway (seriously, don't try and smoke poppy pods...) I'm going to close this thread. PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.