• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Smoking Meth: Foil Vs Pipe

Cface

Bluelighter
So i've noticed many BlueLighters who are fancy on smoking meth usually prefer the pipes. I don't understand why so many like the pipes, it just seems like its inferior...:p

But that's not why i'm making this thread. I want to know which you favor, foil or pipe, and why. Maybe you've got a secret ritual to the method that some don't know or perhaps you just choose the most convenient way. Whatever the reasons, let us know!

And please, feel free to ramble on, i like it
Kinky_spank_by_TheEmerald.gif

Back when I used twiz I would swear by a pipe, and my best friend would only go the foil route. It was a neverending discussion that we could keep going for days.

For me, the pipe was always my prefrence because I could load a puddle, hit it as much as I wanted, and pocket it for later (which was never more than 3 or 4 minutes...you know how it goes). Plus you could rig a bong to it, and use it for hot rails. I could get much bigger hits with it too (vs. foil)

Hitting foil was always a pain imo because i'd burn my fingers constantly, and I'd always loose the straw. It was useful when we were taking hits in a semi-public place tho, and could crumple it up and ditch it if need be.

i've always preferred a pipe. using foil has always seemed a waste to me, probably because i never really used foil and had a bad technique.

the pipe is a lot easier to control and you're not as likely to spill the puddle on your skin and burn the shit out of yourself;)

sending this over to DC

oh shit, sorry guys, i messed this up.

could one of you lads fix this up for me:)

*puts the bong down*

Back when I used twiz I would swear by a pipe, and my best friend would only go the foil route. It was a neverending discussion that we could keep going for days.

For me, the pipe was always my prefrence because I could load a puddle, hit it as much as I wanted, and pocket it for later (which was never more than 3 or 4 minutes...you know how it goes). Plus you could rig a bong to it, and use it for hot rails. I could get much bigger hits with it too (vs. foil)

Hitting foil was always a pain imo because i'd burn my fingers constantly, and I'd always loose the straw. It was useful when we were taking hits in a semi-public place tho, and could crumple it up and ditch it if need be.

i've always preferred a pipe. using foil has always seemed a waste to me, probably because i never really used foil and had a bad technique.

the pipe is a lot easier to control and you're not as likely to spill the puddle on your skin and burn the shit out of yourself;)

sending this over to DC

What do you think the pros/cons, besides what was mentioned, are of using a pipe or lightbulb?

What's your technique?

Watching how much solidifies on the inside of the pipe and then thinking about all that on the inside of a straw is what stops me from using foil.

A used pipe can be hours of fun the morning after...

As for technique, it is always nice and slow.

What do you think the pros/cons, besides what was mentioned, are of using a pipe or lightbulb?

What's your technique?

Using a pipe was just always my prefrence. You don't have to worry about burning through it (like with foil), it's fairly easy to clean, it's easier to use if you've got a circle going, once the lifespan of the bulb is over you can break it off and blow a new one on the end with a mapp gas torch (the yellow canister). The pipes I used to get in my area were long, so it could be reused 4 or 5 times...all for a few bucks. The only con was you had to go down to the shady Korean market to buy them.

My technique when hitting glass, either a pipe or a light bulb was to put the base of the flame right at the glass and suck as hard as I could. I'd get hits that were 2-3x the size of a regular hit (just heating/inhaling normally).

Pipe.

I've actually never smoked meth with foil, however I had a daily heroin addiction for about a year and smoked black tar from foil....

Just convenience wise. I think pipe's are easier to deal with; just have a pipe and a lighter and you're good, you can use the same one for a while (just clean it out) and not have to worry about restocking. Losing straws and needing new sheets of foil is an annoyance, and trashing them is even more so. Also, it took me forever to get a good technique with foil, and still felt like I was wasting more of the drug than when I've smoked meth from a pipe. Smoking from a pipe is pretty self explanatory to me... maybe foil is too, but I feel like it's a bit more difficult in the beginning.

Pipe, no doubt about it. Anyone who is saying tin foil has obviously never used one of those real nice meth pipes...

honestly smoking out of foil is never good for you. i never did meth before but i know a pipe is "safer" if you could use that term.

^I've heard that before, but i'd really like to see some sources on that. I know the rule is "Shiney-side up." I imagine if you just follow that rule you should be pretty safe right?

^ It makes no difference, both sides are the same.

One side is shiny because of how it's manufactured. (The shiny side is a result of being pressed against a roller/die under pressure if I remember correctly).

I like using foil, it feels sketchier and thus adds to the whole expierence ime.

Foils NOT GOOD at all.
You can't see where you're heating it, whether you are holding it to close, and a lot of the smoke goes straight up in the air without you catching it.
Learn to use the pipe properly and you'll never go back.

What's your technique?

i have only ever used tin less than a handful of time and only ever smoked meth out of a glass pipe for a few months until i reserved it for IV, so my experience is really only limited. I started IVing within a few weeks of getting crystal and it didn't take long for it to take over completely.

I thought the glass pipe was nice and easy to hold and load up but broke very easy when I was shaky and dropped it or someone else dropped it. It was also easy to get a good sized puddle rolling and smoking for as long as my lungs could take but it didn't take much for the pipe and lighter to get hot so it was good to have a few on hand. It was just a matter of getting my technique down for me to be able to get the meth melted and rolling without giving it too much heat, I wasn't always very effecient at this but I wasn't bad;)Smoking was fun but it's not something I crave, it's just nice once in a while.

One thing to keep in mind if you insist on using foil (which is nasty and you should switch to a pipe, but anyway)

make sure before you smoke anything off of it, run your lighter across the entire surface on both sides of the piece of foil. Some brands of foil have very thin coatings of sealant or whatnot on them because the stuff is usually used for storing food. you don't want that in your lungs.

then again, you don't want aluminum in your lungs either . . . ewww

^haha, I think if people are allowing all the shit in methamphetmine to get into their lungs, a little bit of sealant is not a big deal. ;)

I actually go to the science and surplus store near my house and blow my own pipe out of a test tube. I have smoked off of foil though, not the greatest.