Bluelight

Thread: Real MDMA A Story on XTC Making

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Real MDMA A Story on XTC Making 
    I have decided to start this thread as I have just finished watching a facinating 5 part NBC documentary I found on youtube. Unfortunately the first couple of videos are poor qaulity but still watchable. The videos show an interesting story of how 3 college students in America embarked on a mission to manufacture ecstacy and later on got busted.

Mods please leave this thread opened as I am interested in disscussion about these videos. I dont want it moved to the ecstacy forum and want disscussion about this from other aussies.

In the last couple of videos the story breaks onto an interesting tangent. I dont want to ruin it for anyone but fans of the old website The Hive will find this story extremely interesting.

Video 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7y-S...eature=related

Video 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KztG...eature=related

Video 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_qu...eature=related

Video 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8PcA...eature=related

Video 5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfU4d...eature=related

I find this story very saddening. Such bright young people who have had their lives ruined. I personally think that the punishment they would have received would have completely outweighed the potential harm they could have caused the community. And typically NBC report on this story in a onesided fashion with several half truths and lies.

2. Collapse Details

Haha yeah i remember strike, he wasnt as smart as he thought he was and got done.

3. Collapse Details

wow I'm having so much trouble with the first video... does anyone have a better quality video of this?

EDIT: Better quality vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxk8tRBp1mU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niq-3yFTzN8
    Last edited by Amblin; 22-02-2009 at 23:21.

4. Collapse Details

I 've had this for some time. I found the program very disturbing, for a number of reasons.

5. Collapse Details

Wow thank you for bringing attention to this.

I really don't know what to say.

Crazy kids probably made some quite pure gear. As for Strike I guess he was a little too complacent.

EDIT:
    <-------- Woo post 50 only took me 3+ years
    Last edited by Amblin; 23-02-2009 at 00:07.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Got to agree with you there Phase Dancer, that was disturbing.

"There have been two dozen reported deaths with the use of ecstacy," a comment like that doesn't really make it sound all that dangerous.

7. Collapse Details

Ahh man, this shit is as old as the trees on the hill, back in 2001. The Hive was a forum dedicated to the hypothetical synthesis of drugs, and other chemicals. It was founded by Strike, aka Hobart Huson, who was arrested for XTC making in the early 90's. He wrote 2 books, Total Synthesis 1 & 2, and Sources, which were basically the first MDMA cook books. He started The Hive back in 97'. It was an off-shot of the alt.drugs.chemistry forum. It was a great website, but this shit went wrong. The videos as seen above, well there were 3 members of The Hive featured in that story. One was Spitball, who got arrested in 2000 for MDMA/meth manufacturing. He got sentenced to 16 years in federal prison, due to some junkie bitches informing on him to cop a lighter sentence. He's the guy whom the stupid chemistry students are filming when they purchased the 22L flask, the 11 litres of safrole for $2000. The other member was phas3d, whom was filming Spitball in the garage. And ofcourse, Strike. It was a great website that first used the 'Swim' concept to avoid incrimination. I miss the website, and a few members on this forum, such as phase_dancer and PhreeX, were members of The Hive.

It's a stupid show that Strike got busted for. If he wasn't so fucking stupid, he'd be a free man. Instead, hes spent a good 8 years in jail and will be getting out later this year.

8. Collapse Details

Parliment House Canberra & 5 Adelaide Ave Deakin ACT 2600
    i have unnapproved a few posts in this thread that did not discuss the program, rather they were about to launch this thread into a discussion better left to Sex love and relationships forum

9. Collapse Details

OMG so many stupid things they are doing in that video.... Good to watch though very interesting, when will the-hive be back up and running do you think? It's been shut down for a little while now I have noticed.

10. Collapse Details

^^^
    hehe I think I can guess what those posts were relating to in the videos.

I think thats it quite funny to see people who seem very intelligent and very dumb at the same time. Strike, for example, was able to teach himself how to synth MDMA, start a website promoting discussion on drug synths, start a publishing business to print his books and start a chemical retail outlet with the ability to aquire the required chemicals. But then he promotes his own business on his drug website, sells chemicals to obvious drug manufacturing people, and then that interview with NBC.......sheesh, he should have just walked out on them right from the start and declined to talk to them. But I have to give credit to the guy for getting as far as what he did.

And those university students, what were thinking about when they were filming and recording all there illegal activities? Not so bright. They obviuosly let a few to many people know about their setup so they could validate their "rockstar" status, it says that the cops were tipped off. They obviously new how to make a drug lab but not make it clandestine which is really the most important part.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mushi mushi 88 View Post
    OMG so many stupid things they are doing in that video.... Good to watch though very interesting, when will the-hive be back up and running do you think? It's been shut down for a little while now I have noticed.

well I think thats its not running because Hobart Huson got arrested and it was his site. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Huson gets out of jail sometime this year which I think is awesome. Hopefully he can get it up and running again.

12. Collapse Details

Oh hi everyone I'm strike and I'm just going to admit to it on national TV and not think anything is going to happen to me, what a fucking idiot!

I don't think I have ever met an MDMA cook that has been so smart yet so damn stupid to admit to that sort of stuff in front of a camera. Oh no wait a minute I was underneath harry potters invisibility cloak so it couldn't see me...

13. Collapse Details

^^^
    hehehe, did you also notice what a terrible liar he was? He really should have just told them to all fuck off and go underground.

14. Collapse Details

Yeah aye how many times did he look at the ground and then lie straight to there face... Every time I saw him look at the ground I was like, "hahaha here comes another lie" and I was correct cause it was a lie each time. What a doofus head lol.

As soon as they came to my shop I would of been like I'll answer a couple of questions but then I'm afraid you are going to have to leave, then once it started on about strike I would of been like, "what does this have to do with my chemical supply company...? Sorry but that's the end of this interview!" *Pushes the camera outside and slams the door in there face*

Now follow the yellow brick road underground!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mushi mushi 88 View Post
    Theres another chem forum where everyone went to from there.

16. Collapse Details

^^^
    do you have an address for that forum sustanon? I wouldn't mind finding it and searching their forum for threads with Hobart Huson or Strike in it.

17. Collapse Details

If I was strike i wouldnt have signed that book lol!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by my innerself View Post
    ^^^
    do you have an address for that forum sustanon? I wouldn't mind finding it and searching their forum for threads with Hobart Huson or Strike in it.
    There's more then one forum where most of the oldbees fled when the hive got sprayed; but if you're looking for more info about strike you won't find much - the majority of those who were active users at the time tend to keep quiet because the less associated you were with all that the better - Shit went down, and those who wanted to stay free and uninvestigated, did so. And they usually try not to mention the good/bad old days except in private to those who were there with them - Keeps the scene tight-knit, means you know who you're talking to to some extent. Anyone who needs to know, already does

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor War View Post
    There's more then one forum where most of the oldbees fled when the hive got sprayed; but if you're looking for more info about strike you won't find much - the majority of those who were active users at the time tend to keep quiet because the less associated you were with all that the better - Shit went down, and those who wanted to stay free and uninvestigated, did so. And they usually try not to mention the good/bad old days except in private to those who were there with them - Keeps the scene tight-knit, means you know who you're talking to to some extent. Anyone who needs to know, already does
    Yup. Id rather not mention that forum. Alot of the bees did actually go to another forum but they all changed there names. Funny thing is there arnt any writeups or anything from Strike.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sustanon View Post
    Yup. Id rather not mention that forum. Alot of the bees did actually go to another forum but they all changed there names. Funny thing is there arnt any writeups or anything from Strike.
    Motherfucker's keeping his mouth shut, like he should. Dumb kid got real smart real quick.

21. Collapse Details

Innerself,
    Thanks for the links. Hard to believe its 8 or so years old!!
    Munt your quote is so relevant. Of course it's tragic when there are any deaths that are drug related, but 24 in the whole scheme of things?!?! I wonder over what time frame they had those figures. And in the U.S, how many deaths (let's assume over the same time frame they used - whatever that is -) are alcohol or gun related??
    Unfortunately a very one-sided, biased presentation. I really do look forward to an open, honest Media report one of these days, not necessarily saying E is Good for you, but at least presenting more facts than myths. Wasn't there something about horse riding being as safe as pil popping recently?
    As for Strike.... Oh Dear. As soon as he heard NBC wanted an interview, surely that should have set alarm bells ringing.
    s.

22. Collapse Details

^^^
    yeah I actually read that report about horse riding being more dangerous then taking pills, yet it is a socially excepted form of recreation that no one even thinks twice about. In fact going swimming at the beach would be more dangerous too when you consider the amount of people injured or killed each year.

23. Collapse Details

^ What would be more interesting would be if they could break it down into proportions, e.g. the proportion of MDMA users who are harmed vs some recreational activity users who are harmed. Would give a better picture I believe.

24. Collapse Details

^ I don't think they will ever be able to do that because it would be too hard to know how many people took drugs, the quality etc to be able to compare. Even if you can get statistics they will most likely not be a true reflection of the true levels of usage. It's a shame really.

25. Collapse Details

here's the real MDMA story - aint nothing in Oz for the next 3 months - unless somethin radical happens - get ready for the real drought.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast