• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Laundry in College

funkee

Bluelighter
You know, depending on the dorm or even an apartment, you may not have access to a laundry machine. And of course underpants are the first things you need to wash. You can also go without washing some jeans or shirts, but hey I like fresh boxers.

So I invented a system to avoid laundry.

When you are down to your last 2 pairs of boxers*, when you go shower, leave them on and wash them as you wash yourself. Then hang 'em up to dry. The next time you shower, do the same and when you're out put on the dry pair, and hang up the wet ones.

* Also works for tighty whities.

LOL! Good idea. I go a while before doing laundry. I change socks/boxers daily, but I'll wear a pair of sweat pants for 3-4 times a week before washing that pair. Unless it's got crusted semen and puke on there it's clean, end of discussion. I don't wash my sweat shirts unless they're MAD dirty either. Since it's winter I'll wear the same shirt two days in a row, cuz nobody sees it, and I don't really sweat in them either so they stay clean.

We have washers/dryers here in the dorm, but the college charges us quarters to do laundry. Ain't that a bitch. And it seems like the dryers only have 2 settings: Damp clothes or burnt clothes. Every time I do laundry I have to end the dryer early, because if I let it go until it's done my clothes come out hot as shit and 4x smaller.

Sometimes when I'm broke w/ no quarters to dry my shit I'll pop it in the microwave for 30s or so.... I kid, I kid :eek:

or you just suck it up and use the machines...

It's unfortunate that some machines are shit, and poorly maintained, but clean clothes are pretty useful.

You can always get around this by having shitloads of clothes ;)

That sounds extremely uncomfortable. Wet boxers stuck to skin, no thanks.

Yeah, I'm going to side with:

1) wet underwear (or any garment) wet on the body feels disgusting
2) use a sink
3) or suck it up like everyone else and just use the machines

or you could always pay for drop off laundry service. :p

Fuck my school. It is a dollar to was and 75 cents to dry and the washers are so fucking small you would have trouble getting an infant in there. so you need 3 loads to fill a dryer and then there is one change machine like 1/2 a mile away. its bullshit, put a change machine in the fucking laundry room and make the washers hold as much as the dryers for fucks sake. Is is just me or does that seem like it should be common sense?

yall need to make friends with someone who has their own washer/dryer in their apt...thats the way to go.

yall need to make friends with someone who has their own washer/dryer in their apt...thats the way to go.

yep leave dorms get own pplace with washer dryer = win, unless your roomies suck.

Plus doing laundry is soo tasking. Stuffin, turnin knobs nd junk. Its HARDWORK

i used to have that problem.

but then i stopped wearing boxers. now i dont wear underpants. i just cant go back. so i have to wash my jeans/pants/shorts fairly often.

but i just get girls to wash my clothes usually.

and if that doesnt work, my aunt will do my laundry

wow washing your underwear in the shower i never got that creative... you're a smart one! :)

i usually just rewear my clothes a million times til i finally go to the damn laundrymat. i hate those.

i think a solution to not having your own laundry machine was invented over 50 years ago.. hrmm i think its called a

LAUNDROMAT

:\

or you just suck it up and use the machines...

It's unfortunate that some machines are shit, and poorly maintained, but clean clothes are pretty useful.

You can always get around this by having shitloads of clothes ;)

for sure, way too many clothes ... it's kinda nice cuz I only do laundry about twice a month haha and I never ever run out of clothes. The only down part is that i have to fold about 6 -8 loads and put them all away. takes forever