• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-fluoroamphetamine metabolites

I was referring to the ability of the fluorine to stay attached the aryl ring -- it won't break off at any time inside your body.

So will this mean that you don't get any fluoride to your body from 4-FA? I'm very cautious with fluoride "derivied" drugs, as I don't want to get any excess amounts of fluoride to my body, Fluoride poisoning or Skeletal fluorosis is not something I'd like to risk.

Yup, the fluorine binds very strongly to the benzene ring. I mean, fluoxetine (Prozac) has a trifluoromethyl substitution and all the fluoroquinone antibiotics have fluorine substituted rings, I can't imagine is that the fluorine is that dangerous as long as it's bonded to a carbon.

^ the fluoroquinolones are a bad example, the fluorine is known to fall off pretty easily under the influence of light. even so the tox problem is the highly reactive radical rather than the flluoride.

the quantity of fluoride released even if FA did lose the F is pretty miniscule and amounts to eating toothpaste, perhaps people should worry more about ingesting an almost untested CNS active drug, rather than about fluoride.

"perhaps people should worry about ingesting an almost untested CNS active drug"

Especially one such as 4-FA that lacks oomph (yes I have tested it on myself).

But no, the aromatic ring's not about to get hydroxylated anywhere. Aromatic halogens are intrinsically deactivating.

hmmmmmmy friend likes 4FA because of its oooomph.... he used it WAY too much imho... and finally he is slowing down, actually he came to a grinding halt with a kidney stone.... finally he got a warning sign that he registered. I like to think the 4FA (he used it perhaps 2-3 times a week over a prolonnged period of time) may well be something to do with it. Anyone any comment on that?

Possibly although from what I've read, kidney stones tend to be made of calcium oxalate

In that friends case,maybe 4-FA oxalat.

for Murphy:dry sarcasm emoticon

Last edited: