• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Have a cold and stuffy nose but want to snort my oxy..any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshyne

Greenlighter
I have a bitch of a cold and have a stuffy nose. Making it kinda hard to snort my oxy. I tried using saline mist to clear my nose before snorting but it didn't work to well and I think trying to snort while being so stuffed up would be a waste of a pill. Any suggestions? I have a 80 mg oxy that I split in half. I already did one half but later when I sneezed I saw some of it in the kleenex (sorry, TMI) so I know I'm not getting it all.
How else can I do it (besides shooting, will never do that). Any hints will be appreciated.

Thanks!!
MoonShyne

Welll.....cocaine is an excellent decongestant.

But maybe you should stick with OTC stimulant decongestants, i.e. pseudoephedrine.

Also be aware there's VERY little difference between snorting and swallowing oxycodone; it has a very high oral bioavailability. So it's not the end of the world if you have to swallow it, because guess what else? Most of what you snort drips down and gets absorbed into the stomach because of the poor drug:filler ratio blocking effective intranasal absorption.

If you can't unclog it then you're actually going to get noticeably less if you try to snort it up a clogged nose; because the small intranasal absorption that does take place will not compensate for the loss in stuff trapped in the mucus for hours.

Thanks!! I will eat the other half. No problem on the empty stomach..being sick has made me not want to eat.

But I have a question about one of the comments, Red, you say in general it's better to just crush and eat it? That it will last longer then snorting it? Also, what is ''bio-availability'' (Sorry for my ingnorance, rather new at this) Never knew that, I have only ever snorted them. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Last edited:
check this out, go directly to the supermarket cold isle and pick-up 4-way fast acting nasal relief (anything w/ the highest concentration of phenylephrine) or something like afrin severe congestion 12-hour (which is oxymetazoline another powerful decongestant) if your not convinced either of these will work get a vicks/benzedrex nasal decongestant inhaler (propylhexadrine i think). once you shove all this shit in your nose report back how much you love me =]

^ taking it orally does last longer but w/ slower peak concentrations in blood aka. less rush than intranasal which seems like OP is going for

i know right!?!?!?!?

check this out, go directly to the supermarket cold isle and pick-up 4-way fast acting nasal relief (anything w/ the highest concentration of phenylephrine) or something like afrin severe congestion 12-hour (which is oxymetazoline another powerful decongestant) if your not convinced either of these will work get a vicks/benzedrex nasal decongestant inhaler (propylhexadrine i think). once you shove all this shit in your nose report back how much you love me =]

Yea i was just about to post a question about AFRIN (phenylephrine)....

You see... AFRIN seems to work by somehow stopping your mucus glands from producing more mucus... is it clogging them so they cant pump out mucus? or is the afrin just making the mucus "go away" magically? how does it work?

the reason i ask is cause i often run into the stuffy nose situation when im jonesin' and it really pisses me off cause i know i dont want it stuck in my mucus, but im also scared that the AFRIN (while in effect) will somehow mess with the absorbtion of the oxy in my nose... i mean have you ever tried afrin? It leaves your nose so dry that if you snort anything after it litterally feels like the powder doesnt even end up in my nose stuck to the sides... its like it went all the way down to the lungs... i even tried sniffing up a couple drops of water before and after blowing the OC and kinda helped... but i still feel like its being blocked or something by the AFRIN. idk...

most of the time though ill just do a little bump of the OC in each stuffy nostril and it seems to make them runny, so then i just inhale as hard as i can to get the mucus to stay in my nose (or go down my throat) and then, once not stuffy, restuff it with a whole 'nother pile of OC! =D

hope this helps. good luck and stay safe. (good call on not using needles btw, to the thread starter:p)

^LOL. You beat me to it.

I know you want to snort it but you may be out of luck as long as your sick.

Plugging hits quick and gives you a rush, plus it lasts longer than snorting. Its the perfect balance. Plus the BA is higher than snorting.

Last edited:
Yea i'm having the same problem with coke right now. Trying to snort it, but i binged hard 2 days ago, and today it started to heal. And like a true retard i went on another mini binge. I been trying saline sprays, peroxide, vaseline, nothing unclogs this shit. And the pain is annoying to. Tried Benzocaine, that worked for my sore throat, but not for the nose. At least my right is working a little, but it still feel like some of it gets blocked. Especially since I've lost a few good bumps since they just couldn't make it up the nose. Boy am I gonna regret this again. Hopefully I didn't damage to much of my septum during this last week.

I was doing so good for a long time to not drinking, and then Bam, coke dealer is always around with my group of friends. And hes good practically 24/7 so thats makes it a whole lot easier to not stop.

A great product for allergies and colds is Neil Med sinus rinse. It won't work if you nose is completely clogged, but it irrigates your nose and removes quite abit.

Maybe take a decongestant and use that?

Swallow it and drink a hot mug of tea. Dissolves it quicker in your stomach. I use this trick for vicodin all the time. Hits you within 10 minutes.

^I also feel that a hot liquid in your stomach somehow dissolves the pills faster and they hit quicker.

Me and my friend have blown 100mg oxycontin today and his nose just got blocked, so we searched exactly this : "i want to snort shit my nose is blocked," and this was the first thing that came up and it was wonderful. Thank you internets.

saline nasal spray, or make your own water+salt to clear your nasal passage then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.