View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IV/IM Tryptamines/Phenethylamines

let me think real hard

I might have had MET HCL

I think I thought what I had was freebase then it turned out to be HCL (or maybe the freebase stuff I had just dissolved in water). Either way I probably added a little bit of vinegar (that is the acid I use for everything to get in solution for IV).

but I honestly can't remember

my process is:

sterile saline in sterile open vial

dump drugs in

stir with metal mini pick thingy

if it don't go in solution, then add a little heat

if it still doesnt go in, add a couple drops of vinegar

it it still isn't, add some heat

then add some vinegar

then heat

its never taken that many steps though for any drugs they usually go really easy in solution

YES, ALWAYS USE A WHEEL FILTER IF YOU ARE GOING TO IV ANY COMPOUND.

I have IV'ed 4-ACO-DMT, N,n-DMT, DPT, 5-MeO-DiPT, DOI, and maybe a few others I cannot think of.

4-ACO-DMT is BY FAR the best out of all those intravenously. My friend attained a ++++ from 25mg. I find it to be extremely pleasurable, an extremely intense psychedelic rush followed by a trip.

Also, IVing DMT is nice because (like the above poster said) you know exactly how much is going in you. (use a wheel filter ESPECIALLY if you do this)

DPT was interesting, but I prefer IM administration. 5-MeO-DiPT was just a disappointment overall (oral, iv, snorted). And I would rather just eat the DOI than IV it, although it did kick in very fast.

It is especially dangerous to inject any of the 2C-T-Xs due to their MAOI properties and extreme dose-response variation.

I believe that in general, injecting phenethylamines is more dangerous than injecting tryptamines.

yes just to re-iterate a wheel filter is ESSENTIAL!

That step would come after getting the drugs into solution (you'd filter into another sterile vial ideally a rubber capped one).

Offhand, I can only think of 2C-D that I've injected (other than ketamine and MDMA) psychewise, and it was just gorgeous. Is an area I am quite interested in cos I'm a needlewhore, but suitably respectful not to go stupid with. For some reason I feel safer injecting street drugs (despite all the crap inevitibly to be found therein) than RCs. Possibly because when I shoot street drugs I know that there are many other people doing the same thing with the same batch and not doing themselves a nasty.

Is an area I am interested in though. Needles and psyches are two of my favourite things. Is nice to combine them just very occasionally.

I've IM'ed some low doses of DMT (~40mg) combined with ketamine, and it was a very nice experience. Very light, smooth, and I felt totally fine (i.e. not tired, worn out, etc) afterwards. I haven't taken it any other route yet, so I can't really compare it effects-wise.

I've also IM'ed some DPT, and can say that a definitely prefer it with ketamine. otherwise the body shakes really get to me, and can make the trip overall unpleasant and annoying.

yeah DPT IMd alone can get a little intense body-wise

ketamine is useful to smooth it out

^ a little intense? IM DPT (50mg with a helper dose of ketamine) ripped me a new arsehole, so to speak, but it was breathtaking. I suppose I should have expected it seeing as how 25mg IM DPT left me speechless for an hour or so after the peak wore off.

I've only ever IM'd a PEA once (& that was by accident) - and that was 2C-I (25mg). It got so intense visually that everything just broke down into neon coloured basic geometric shapes. Mentally though it was no more intense tha the same dose taken orally. The worst actually happened aftert the trip, where my vision would suddely develop quite severe HPPD like effect, but without any cognative or other symptoms for something like 9 months after. My advice would be stick to tryptamines if you're going use the needle

lol yeah nice...my friends tell me I always make understatements about psychedelics...I try not to though :D

What would be a good dose of MET IM'd to reach a ++ or mild +++?

Dodante and F&B i know you guys have tried.

I honestly can't remember the doses I used (it was quite a while ago), but I think it's about on par with DMT doses if I recall correctly

DPT was interesting, but I prefer IM administration. 5-MeO-DiPT was just a disappointment overall

IM 5-methoxy DMT put me off that drug for good as I experienced my ego being ripped apart, Hellraiser style. A real nightmare, scared the shit out of me. Never had it again since, nor do I intend to. On the other hand, IM DMT is an utter delight

Last edited:
What would be a good dose of MET IM'd to reach a ++ or mild +++?

Dodante and F&B i know you guys have tried.

40-50mg is a good place to work from. The comeup is strangely sedating for me...it puts me in such a good frame of mind. I love MET.

30 mg IM was perfect, a mild +++.

50 mg was too much, but it may have been the hydergine 4 hrs prior. Check the MET thread for details.

what is the duration like for IM'd MET?

Similar to DPT and DMT im guessing.
Around 1 hour or so with another hour to come down?

its about like DPT maybe a little shorter about 2 hour peak with 2-3 hour trailing effects

longer than DMT

Well that sounds alot longer than DPT and DMT.

For DPT i thought the peak was ~1 hour and then another hour or so of coming down. Always figured DMT was similar to DPT with ~45min peak and then another hour or two of coming down.
Both of those require only 3 hours at most.

Would i need more like 5 hours for IM'd MET?

hello

for me MET and DPT are long when IMed (or SC'd). They are more mushroom like in action (although this may be because I'm sensitive).

The timeline you suggest (1 hour) is in line with my experiences of IVing MEt and DPT.

DMT is shorter because the brain/body shuttle it through the brain and out much quicker. The DPT and MET are wave-like in their action because I think the enzymes break down the drug slower so they have a chance to recirculate and bind again (I think this is how it happens at least).

For me, the plateau of IM MET was roughly 1-1.5 hours with a 2 hour return to baseline. With DPT, the plateau was more like 3 hours, with another 3 hours to baseline.

And to Samadhi, the rate of enzymatic breakdown seems to be the primary determinant of length of action. The more bulky alkyl groups on the nitrogen are responsible for decreased enzyme efficiency. The two methyls are not a problem for an enzyme that primarily breaks down 5-HT. I don't think the wave-like action can be explained by pharmacokinetics unless it's erratic absorption as in the case of some drugs when taken orally.

Last edited:
I IV 2C-E all the time (20 times or so since I started about a year ago) it's my prefered method, an awesome rush followed by 2 hours of psychedelic bliss. I must say the first time I tried I was a bit nervous, given the few reports on it (mostly bad), but I didn't have any problems at all (2-6mg doses, always filtered with a .2 micron wheel filter). I've also done a few tryptamines (DMT, DPT and 4-Aco-DMT) but these seem to be more common and safe. I'm quite interested in the potential dangers with IV'ing/IM'ing phens, because if it's true I better stop what I'm doing right now, could anyone please elaborate?

IV'd 2c-e only lasted 2 hours for you?
that like cutting off 6-8 hours from the trip.

As for info regarding IVing PEA's, So far its all been anecdotal. Some report loving it, like shambles. Others report having bad effects like Gaian Planes friends.