• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rectal methadone

A bit off topic but-
I plugged 5 10mg norcos the other day and I did not have a syrynge or a ride to go get one so I used one of those things that are used to clean out your ears. What the fuck are thay called. It has the bulb shape on one end. Anyway it worked just fine. Felt like I got an air bubble up there tho. Anyone know the BA of hydro rectal vs oral.

Like the bit in 'Trainspotting' with the Palfium suppositories...

Renton: For all the good they'll do, I might as well shove them up my arse!

Rectal admin of both suppositories & solutions (enemas) is a long established & effective route of administration. That some people instantly fixate on all things gay says more about them than it does about rectal admin

If you were referring to my comment, I hope you'll notice the emoticon. I was joking and making fun of the people that claim it is gay in actual fact.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12426517

I just read this article about Nasal Methadone. It said "maximum plasma concentrations occurring within 7 minutes". It seemed to indicate a much more rapid onset of effect then oral. Anyone have experience with this ROA?

Guess this is kind of off topic but I tried this a couple weeks ago. I picked up some methadone while in withdrawal, and decided that while I was going to eat 20 mg, I couldn't wait that extra hour out, and wanted to feel better immediately. So I snorted 10 mg. It took the withdrawals away, so snorting it seems to get the methadone into one's system just fine, but it burned intensely for about 5 minutes, and I was picking binders out of my nose the next day. So while it works, I really wouldnt recommend it. Plugging it would probably be the more viable option in this case since it'd work as well if not better than snorting, but everything I've read says that methadone is maximally effective orally.

Hope this is not a stupid question: Does rectal MOA of methadone increase euphoria at all?

Also, if the duration is longer, how much long are we talking?

Hope this is not a stupid question: Does rectal MOA of methadone increase euphoria at all?

I think in theory it probably would make the euphoria more intense. Compare IV heroin with snorted heroin and you will agree IV heroin euphoria is more intense, as it hits you straight away. Plugging methadone allows the drug to be absorbed twice as fast as oral methadone, so I think it should be more intense as the peak plasma drug concentration would be greater. The tradeoff is that the duration is shorter (not that it matter that much, as methadone lasts a long time anyway - if I take it in the morning it wears off when I'm asleep).

Like the bit in 'Trainspotting' with the Palfium suppositories...

Renton: For all the good they'll do, I might as well shove them up my arse!

Rectal admin of both suppositories & solutions (enemas) is a long established & effective route of administration. That some people instantly fixate on all things gay says more about them than it does about rectal admin

I always took Renton's quote to mean that those suppositories were a "lousy" medication for something as harsh as heroin withdrawal.

Granted, he thought they were worth diving into the toilett for, but when he first copped them, he didn't seem too impressed.

^ I just read on wikipedia that Palfium is 3x stronger than morphine with fast oral onset so its odd they'd say that in a movie. This thread got me wondering what Palfium is, I don't remember it from the movie.

^^^
also in the book

(i'll never forget that one of renton's symptoms of heroin withdrawal in the book is that he's constipated!)

I thought it was funny he took milk of magnesia. or, in his words, magnesia; milk of.

Plugging Methadone

I have a takehome bottle of 100mg of methadone. I was wondering if I plugged the liquid, would it have a stronger effect on me or even an effect at all?

^ I just read on wikipedia that Palfium is 3x stronger than morphine with fast oral onset so its odd they'd say that in a movie. This thread got me wondering what Palfium is, I don't remember it from the movie.

Don't believe everything you read on wikipedia, considering I could go on there right now and write Morphine is 3x stronger than palfium. just thought I'd mention that lol :)

Does anyone here on MMT still get euphoria from their daily morning dose?

If yes, what dose are you taking? and how long have you been on that dose.
At 100mg I only got euphoria for the first few days. Every time I up the dose by 10-20 mg, I only get a slight buzz off of it for a few hours. I take it at 7AM and the noticeable effects wear off by 2-3PM. Sucks...

Oh also, I'm thinking about trying to take one of my weekend doses nasally. My take homes are the 40mg white pills dissolved in water. What would be the best way to dose this nasally? I'm worried about fucking it up and losing some, because if I lose a substantial amount I will be sick, and I can't get a new dose until monday. :\

just syringe it up yr ass, if u add more water there will be more chance it will drip out!

On the subject of suppositaries i have been taking heroin for 14 years, injecting for maybe 7-8 years but at a pretty rediculous level and these days either it will take me up to 2 hours with 30-40 or more attempts or i wont find a vein at all. Have started injecting what i have left after a failed attempt up my ass and i must say i am very pleased with the effect. Obviously there is no rush, fukin shame but you cant have everything i guess! But after a couple of hours i am gouching pretty much the same as if i had had a proper hit. I am seriosly thinkin about only taking it this way!

First Plug

I've been taking 30-50 mg methadone every day or every other day, orally, forever. The other night, I read about plugging methadone and HAD to try it.
I have to drive about 30 mins away to get it and usually dose there, then drive home. By the time I'm 2/3s of the way there, I'm usually pretty high.

This time, I plugged 40mg, in warm water using an ear syringe (the bulb thing for babies snotty noses and such). Firstly, using a bulb syringe SUCKS.
You get far far too much air in your holiest of holys, and it takes several actions of sucking up liquid, shooting it in, pulling it out...now you have a shitty tipped syringe, sucking up more/the rest and plugging that home.
Regardless, I got it all up there, had to fart bad but bit down, clenched hard, and made my outraged sphincter do my bidding.

Oddly embarrassed, I left their house (yes i did this in *their* bathroom) and started driving home. Within 5 mins I felt the familiar warmth and within 10 mins I was a high as I would be at that aforementioned 2/3s home point!

The having to fart/shit feeling subsided although I have an icky asshole that needs attention but, alas, I just walked in the door and haven't had time to address that.

Now it's T plus 30 mins and I'm way into it and happy as shit.

Unless I just don't have the equipment with me, I will never eat another methadone dose that I don't have to. It's all going up the highway from now on.
Tomorrow or the next day I will post my feelings on duration.

Monkeyshine 8o

I have been on about anywhere from 110mg-250mg a day depending on the intensity of my pain and I will usually break up the Route of administration into about 2/5th oral and the rest of the dose for that day as a rectal dose. I have found that dosing orally takes at least about 1 2/3rds of an hour even to start receiving any of the pain relieving/"euphoric" effects whereas taking it rectally can have those effects coming on within even 15m or less depending on the dissolved amount of methadone in a solution. I have found that using about 1 10mg tablet per 0.8ml to be perfect so as the other 0.2ml is filled with the talc and pill remains. Unless you have a very small tolerance or a medium-large syringe (10ml/20ml+) or a willingness to re-administer a dosen times it can get annoying.... but the effects definitely come on super quick for the effort put into setting them up.

I only really like to plug the entire dose when I am desperate and when I am starting to go through withdrawal or something of the like as plugging it will have the entire dose out of you and almost wake you up in a minor withdrawal within less then 20h+/-. That is why I will almost always take both an oral and a plugged dose. Sure it isn't exactly the most powerful as I believe plugging methadone only allows about something like 75% to be absorbed by the body and oral absorption is somewhere around 85%-90%+ but just like oxycodone; it may not be exactly the amount that you absorb, but the speed at which it is taken in, but starting with about 2/3rds of a dose orally and waiting an hour to plug whatever is left could have the best of both worlds with a large amount in your body, but the added benefit of a fast come-on as well!

the bulb thing for babies snotty noses and such). Firstly, using a bulb syringe SUCKS.

-Monkeyshine 8o

Haha! I always find it hilarious that some of you new to plugging either don't have the nerve or the spare cash to just go into a CVS/Wright-Aid/Long's and either ask for a free 5-10ml syringe or just to grab one of the baby-feeding ones in the hallways. I was once with a friend who was really anxious about this and just asked for a oral syringe to feed his little baby birdies that have just hatched and the pharmacist-tech was so inspired s/he gave it to him free of charge and I have a feeling it has not once been used to feed anything besides the black-hole of drug delivery! %)

No, there is no more euphoria and less duration. Don't bother with pluggin methadone. It's boiavailability is just as high orally. The only gain might be in the time it takes to get high (offset by the increase in Tide to wash your skivvies :D)

No, there is no more euphoria and less duration. Don't bother with pluggin methadone. It's boiavailability is just as high orally. The only gain might be in the time it takes to get high (offset by the increase in Tide to wash your skivvies :D)

What my dear friend is a "skivvie?" In any event; I would very much disagree, while I would never plug the entirety of a methadone dose assuming it is in tablet form or a method which can be absorbed I think that sometimes, especially in crippling withdrawal that plugging a "salvation" dose will have you 90% of normal within 15m compared to over an hour at the very least.

Now I would never really use the entire day's worth for such a RoA but there have been times I have been so desperate to get back to something close to normal that I have plugged 300mg+ and while you are right that the "euphoria" of the methadone (if there is such a thing) didn't exist, it sure did bring a powerful nod much quicker than I would be able to wait on a regular, non-w/d'ed day!