Bluelight

Thread: Rectal methadone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rectal methadone 
    Curiosity is getting to me. Can one plug methadone and get better results then oral? I keep hearing how amazing plugging drugs is, but what about the 'done?

2. Collapse Details

i actually read somewhere that plugging methadone is almost as good as IV'ing it. it has a high bioavailability and increases duration. definately go for it.

but make sure to get the syringe all the way in, or else you'll spill your drug

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by oh-pana321 View Post
    i actually read somewhere that plugging methadone is almost as good as IV'ing it. it has a high bioavailability and increases duration. definately go for it.

but make sure to get the syringe all the way in, or else you'll spill your drug
    Any Idea how much I should start with? I'm on 40 mg daily, no high at all from that. Would 40 mg up the pooper produce any effect? or should I jump to 60?

4. Collapse Details

oh-pana is right rectal ba = high and a lon duration. one study i read claimed that it has a more rapid onset than oral consumption.

i would honestly half your usual dose to err on the safe side for your first time if you're trying it.
    Last edited by leftwing; 23-01-2011 at 05:16.

5. Collapse Details

Bioavailabilities of rectal and oral methadone in healthy subjects.

The BA is slightly lower via this route then oral, but the rate of absorption is enough for these researchers to say it is a viable MOA.

6. Collapse Details

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12426517

I just read this article about Nasal Methadone. It said "maximum plasma concentrations occurring within 7 minutes". It seemed to indicate a much more rapid onset of effect then oral. Anyone have experience with this ROA?

7. Collapse Details

My general rule of thumb is never to plug or snort anything that burns sublingually.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Binge Artist View Post
    My general rule of thumb is never to plug or snort anything that burns sublingually.
    Ive tried sublingual and have had no burn or irritation. Bad taste, but nothing serious.

9. Collapse Details

^the Mallie round pills (never had the waffers) burn a bit, but it may be the binders.

10. Collapse Details

I tried to plug 140ml of 1mg/ml of methadone the other day with a 10ml syringe and even though I was trying to be careful, at least half of it came out! How should I go about plugging it so this doesn't happen?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Emotion View Post
    I tried to plug 140ml of 1mg/ml of methadone the other day with a 10ml syringe and even though I was trying to be careful, at least half of it came out! How should I go about plugging it so this doesn't happen?
    Put yourself in a position so gravity does the work for ya.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Binge Artist View Post
    that's not always going to be the rule for all drugs, remember. just because many benzodiazepines are good sublingually and don't burn does not mean they're going to be efficient to snort for recreation.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dexforfood View Post
    Put yourself in a position so gravity does the work for ya.
    I tried that but it still didn't work. I need some way of getting all the liquid in at once.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    This is what you do.

Lay on your side, and lube up the syringe with lotion, stick it all the way in, almost 2 the plunger, and pull down. Take the syringe out after and lay it aside. Lay on your side for about 5 minutes, get up clean your ass, then just go sit down at the couch and relax

Your stomach will gurgle a bit, and maby hurt, just dont give in and try to poop, this means its working. Also, this works the best a few minutes after you just took a shit.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
    that's not always going to be the rule for all drugs, remember. just because many benzodiazepines are good sublingually and don't burn does not mean they're going to be efficient to snort for recreation.
    You're right.

But all I'm saying is that IF something DOES burn your tongue, then it would probably not be wise to stick it up your nose or ass.

16. Collapse Details

Methadone isn't really one of the best opiates to plug, low rectal bioavailability, morphine on the other hand , is better to plug than eat.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mmmCHRISx View Post
    This is what you do.

Lay on your side, and lube up the syringe with lotion, stick it all the way in, almost 2 the plunger, and pull down. Take the syringe out after and lay it aside. Lay on your side for about 5 minutes, get up clean your ass, then just go sit down at the couch and relax

Your stomach will gurgle a bit, and maby hurt, just dont give in and try to poop, this means its working. Also, this works the best a few minutes after you just took a shit.
    jesus christ- why do i even read threads that have "rectal" in the title? i'm bound to come across this kind of shit... (if that was a pun, it was semi-intended)

i just like methadone

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by InHerOwnWrite View Post
    jesus christ- why do i even read threads that have "rectal" in the title?
    Maybe you're subconsciously gay?

19. Collapse Details

You've never had anal? Just do that. Works for.

20. Collapse Details

Like the bit in 'Trainspotting' with the Palfium suppositories...

Renton: For all the good they'll do, I might as well shove them up my arse!

Rectal admin of both suppositories & solutions (enemas) is a long established & effective route of administration. That some people instantly fixate on all things gay says more about them than it does about rectal admin

21. Collapse Details

A bit off topic but-
    I plugged 5 10mg norcos the other day and I did not have a syrynge or a ride to go get one so I used one of those things that are used to clean out your ears. What the fuck are thay called. It has the bulb shape on one end. Anyway it worked just fine. Felt like I got an air bubble up there tho. Anyone know the BA of hydro rectal vs oral.

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fastandbulbous View Post
    Like the bit in 'Trainspotting' with the Palfium suppositories...

Renton: For all the good they'll do, I might as well shove them up my arse!

Rectal admin of both suppositories & solutions (enemas) is a long established & effective route of administration. That some people instantly fixate on all things gay says more about them than it does about rectal admin
    If you were referring to my comment, I hope you'll notice the emoticon. I was joking and making fun of the people that claim it is gay in actual fact.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dexforfood View Post
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12426517

I just read this article about Nasal Methadone. It said "maximum plasma concentrations occurring within 7 minutes". It seemed to indicate a much more rapid onset of effect then oral. Anyone have experience with this ROA?
    Guess this is kind of off topic but I tried this a couple weeks ago. I picked up some methadone while in withdrawal, and decided that while I was going to eat 20 mg, I couldn't wait that extra hour out, and wanted to feel better immediately. So I snorted 10 mg. It took the withdrawals away, so snorting it seems to get the methadone into one's system just fine, but it burned intensely for about 5 minutes, and I was picking binders out of my nose the next day. So while it works, I really wouldnt recommend it. Plugging it would probably be the more viable option in this case since it'd work as well if not better than snorting, but everything I've read says that methadone is maximally effective orally.

24. Collapse Details

Hope this is not a stupid question: Does rectal MOA of methadone increase euphoria at all?

Also, if the duration is longer, how much long are we talking?

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Emotion View Post
    Maybe you're subconsciously gay?
    nah- i mean i am into guys, but then again i'm a girl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast