• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Does your college town ever 'riot'?

VerbalTruist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using the term 'riot' loosely here guys, but Chico has had two 'riots' in the past months, since October.

They set stuff on fire, the cops come out in full riot gear and people get arrested.

So, does your college town ever 'riot'?

Back in the 70's Southern Illinois University had some pretty intense riots. Nowadays there aren't any really except for when Obama won the presidential race. Thousands of people crowded and packed the strip. A lot of cops were out but I wouldn't call it a riot.

yeah... OSU is a party school that loves their sports even more than partying.

there is a reason why you are NOT allowed to have couches on your front porch, anymore. if cops see a couch on the front porch they will come right in your place of residence and fine you. hopefully you won't be blazing a joint like my buddy that one time a couple years ago.

yeah... OSU is a party school that loves their sports even more than partying.

there is a reason why you are NOT allowed to have couches on your front porch, anymore. if cops see a couch on the front porch they will come right in your place of residence and fine you. hopefully you won't be blazing a joint like my buddy that one time a couple years ago.

OSU is pretty crazy. altho i think a fair bit of the rioting that occurs on campus is caused by people who travel to OSU from other places.

at least that is what i noticed about halloween's in athens. ohio university is known for being a party school and when people visit their friends, they are determined to have a wild time. most arrests in athens are from people who do not attend OU.

I went to Michigan, we never rioted. But I would go to Michigan State sometimes, and they would riot after basketball and football games. There really didn't seem to be much of a pattern to why they would riot. Win or lose, didn't really matter. Anything to turn over some couches and light em up.

Nothing like the smell of mace to sober you up a bit.

holy shit I have the worst mace story.

it was the first time OSU played Texas a couple years back, at Columbus, and OSU lost. the city was in dismay. there was bad blood everywhere. walking down High St, there was a huge fight for some reason. I am kinda walking by, like hey kewl, look at those people fighting.

and then the cops roll up. they have what looks like a huge fire hose and they are spraying everybody down with what they assume to be water. drunks are reveling in the water.

a couple seconds go by and the crowd is on their knees. the smell of mace is imminent. those drunk fucks got maced so bad. I stepped over churning bodies knowing what it feels like to step over corpses.

HA. Awesome. I've never had a direct hit with any of it. But I've seen the effects to know enough that I don't want to be.

Isn't it pretty sad how spoiled we have all become? Thirty years ago, EVERYONE rallied/rioted for a cause/causes. Nowadays? Everyone gets their panties wet over their daddy not raising their limit on their fucking credit card.

The school I went to, no one did a damn thing in regards to anything. It's really sad what our generation has become.

Yes, we've had several major riots in the past couple years. Almost exclusively over stupid sports shit. Cars flipped over, set on fire, millions of property damage.

I <3 UMass.

I'm using the term 'riot' loosely here guys, but Chico has had two 'riots' in the past months, since October.

They set stuff on fire, the cops come out in full riot gear and people get arrested.

So, does your college town ever 'riot'?

And don't forget... crazy drunk bitches try and jump over fires and end up getting knocked into the fire... 8)

Were you there for either one? I missed em both

OSU is pretty crazy. altho i think a fair bit of the rioting that occurs on campus is caused by people who travel to OSU from other places.

at least that is what i noticed about halloween's in athens. ohio university is known for being a party school and when people visit their friends, they are determined to have a wild time. most arrests in athens are from people who do not attend OU.

i saw firsthand a very famous OSU riot after a football game and the people that started it were residents. i saw people pulling furniture out of their house and setting it on fire.

and OSU won the game! i still don't get that one. lol

Isn't it pretty sad how spoiled we have all become? Thirty years ago, EVERYONE rallied/rioted for a cause/causes.

Although pretty condescending and dismissive, you have a good point.
Even the Berkeley campus lacks riots with a point.

ebola

Pittsburgh's colleges are too well-policed for student riots. however, penn state often goes up in flames as does wvu