• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Headaches while on heroin or shortly after?

sdubz

Greenlighter
Hey guys. new to the forum, not to the game.

I recently started using heroin again after a year and a half of quitting the dirty stuff and sticking to oxycontin, vicodin, codeine and percocet, due to the scare of fentynol (sp?) ridden stamps.

I started with one stamp yesterday, and has done two today, finishing about 3 hours ago, (11pm)
shortly after, I noticed an excruciating headache, pain close to a migraine, while still heavily under the influence of heroin.

after 2 hours of the pain, I puked.

its not due to dehydration, since I drink a lot of water while under the influence. It's also not due to what I've read about, called 'cotton fever,' since I only snort it.

have you or any of your friends experienced this?

and also, what would be the cause? a quick reply would be STELLAR.

ps.) stamps name: paradise. light brown/sand color.

thanks a lot guys, looking forward to your input before panic attacks start happening due to not being informed. lol.

- irish.

Last edited by a moderator:
well prior to my use, I was detoxing white knuckle for 3 days off of oxycodone and suddenly jumped into this..

I was extremely noddy all day (good stuff) ((i hope)) but didnt experience these symptoms yesterday when on just the one..

hmmmm..

come on guys, i cant be the only one experiencing this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, everyone knows its you using SWIM just pisses most people here at BL off.. personally its a pet peeve of mine. lol Anyway I have experianced headaches from shit to.. there can be many reasons. Stress, just a regular headache, bad cut, try getting some sleep or taking some Advil/Tylenol/ibuprofen.

First off, everyone knows its you using SWIM just pisses most people here at BL off.. personally its a pet peeve of mine. lol Anyway I have experianced headaches from shit to.. there can be many reasons. Stress, just a regular headache, bad cut, try getting some sleep or taking some Advil/Tylenol/ibuprofen.

what's bad cut usually consist of? if you dont mind fillin me in on that one. and yeah, the swim thing is a pet peeve of mine too. i just get paranoid due to probation and the fact that i'm getting off in 5 weeks after 2 long years for smacking the shit out of a cop.. (not to brag.) lolskies.

Too many opiates will give you a headache, it's common knowledge you've just experienced first hand. I assume if the cut is ok and you use it for a few more days to let your body adjust you'll be fine.

If I were you I'd wait 5 more weeks until you're off probation before you do anything. You never know. ie - Switching to a stronger dope like you're doing could cause you to nod out, someone freak because they can't wake you, cops come and then your PO will find out. That to is all to common. I wish you well, friend.

It depends the region/type/and what you would say the quality overall. I mean honestly I don't think anyone will be able to tell you what your H was cut with exactly. But its not an uncommon occurance-it happens sometimes. Like a poster said above me, maybe to much. Get some rest and if the headache persists then come and let us know.

hello everyone I'm new to this site. I myself have been experiencing excruciating headaches the last 2 weeks right after I do a smash and they last anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes. I haven't changed dealers and my "guy" doesn't put cut in it so why is this happening?

The headaches could be due to lack of oxygen from the respiratory depression that opioids tend to cause... it's common to get headaches after taking a nap on a relatively high dose of opioids for most people. This is because of respiratory depression that causes a lack of oxygen to the head.

no swim

i just get paranoid due to probation and the fact that i'm getting off in 5 weeks after 2 long years for smacking the shit out of a cop.. (not to brag.) lolskies.
Well, SWIM won't help you in a court of law, so that's why we don't use it here. It's just an eye sore, and does nothing to disguise your identity.

I thought the headace had something to to do with seratonin system, could be wrong though I used to get it sometimes if i took too much opiates.

There are many explanations for why opioid/opiates can cause headaches. Since cotton fever is ruled out, my best guess besides the ones listed above is called a

Narcotic Analgesic Rebound Headache.

I'm not getting into the specifics so Google it. I have experienced it myself after a year of daily high dose therapy with oxycodone for pain. The headaches were absolutely excruciating and resulted in vomiting (not from the opioid).

taking some ibuprofen and caffeine before your heroin should cut through the headache.

good luck.

Hello,
The SAME thing happened to me the other day. I dosed and about 30 mins later I felt like I had a migrane. I asked my bf, who had done the same amount, type of dope as me. He had no problems. I asked my brother, who had done the same, and he did feel the same as me. What we found took care of it was a couple sinus pills and to eat. Two pills and an apple later, I felt fine. Just kinda ruined my buzz :(

i think i remember reading somewhere that opiates can bring out migraines and headaches in some people.

i do like a gram of heroin a day and my head POUNDS so bad for like 3 or 4 hours when i finally come down . or if i nod out and sleep all night the next morning too. . . i thinks its something my connect is cutting the tar with..

I have gotten these for years-opiate headaches. I have been an IV user and a non-IV user on and off over the years, and have switched between street heroin and pills (oxycodone etc) some times now.
If I don't have a habit and I sniff/snort a bunch of heroin or opiate-pharm (especially if I use in the evening), i usually wake up the next morning with a shitty headache that will range from lame to completely annihilating light-sensitive type business. These are the worst ones i get, completely miserable. Oxycodone gives me the absolute worst 'heroin hangover'.
When I am using dope intravenously I have found that if I have a habit and do a small shot, I often get a dull pounding headache right there and it sucks.
In addition if I have a non-intravenous habit it also happens from time to time but not in the same intensity as either of the above points.

What I do to get rid of them: take 3 ibuprofen and drink a liter or 2 of water and curl up in bed for a little while. The ibuprofen (Advil) usually zaps it for me. I usually take a second dose of ibuprofen 4-6 hours later and keep drinking water. i've found that water is most key, and that electrolyte drinks like Gatorade are good in addition to but not instead of water. The ibuprofen and hydration usually works quite well for me, sometimes a cup of hot green tea with a little pinch of cayenne pepper and a slice of lemon can help.
The headaches can often be prevented by staying extra-hydrated and being conscious to drink plenty of water before during and after getting high (or just in general) in my experience.

I personally don't really believe that these headaches are caused by cutting agents in street dope (@ least for myself) because my worst headaches come from IR oxycodone, insufflated, in particular.
I believe that they are caused by dehydration from opiate high in the most part.
also just another side effect of... dope use/coming down from being real high on opiates/opiate hangover/etc., but mitigated greatly by dehydration--many of us don't pay much attention to our optimal hydration while we're gettin hi.
Kind of like, brain and head are worn out and cranky and dehydrated => inflammation.
I gather that not everyone gets these headaches but some of us do, and they ain't no fun so drink lots of water and don't forget the Advil just in case :)

Back when I first started fucking with oxycodonee (long ago, before i started doing dope), i would end up blowing through like 3-6 30's throughout the night, and when i'd wake up after nodding out I would have the most insane light sensitive migraine i've ever felt. It happened on more than one occasion, and I think it was simply from doing too many opiates with a relatively low tolerance. Opiate hangover. Now, over two years later, this never happens since I have a decent tolerance to dope. (Now on methadone). This could be your dilemma, I would think you're just overdoing it since your tolerance most likely has dropped a bit since you started to detox. If it was the cut, I would imagine that every time you did the dope it would have the same effect. Make sure to stay hydrated, and try not to push your body to the limits.

for me headaches stem from trying to focus my eyes too much. when i do more than usual and go to class for example, i will get a bad headache from constantly refocusing my lazy, wandering, pinpointed eyes. try not doing anything that requires much reading.