• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Where to shoot when ur veins are trashed?

There's been a few reports recently on here of people doing it. One missed and the thread turned into this big fiasco. Debate ensued about whether or not his penis was going to fall off or not. He said it was swollen to like, 2x its normal size. Sounded really nasty.

I highly suggest people NOT shoot in their penis. For me personally, that is the one appendage I could absolutely NOT live without, so the risk of losing it due to a missed shot and infection leading to amputation is too great to start sticking needles in it.

There's been a few reports recently on here of people doing it. One missed and the thread turned into this big fiasco. Debate ensued about whether or not his penis was going to fall off or not. He said it was swollen to like, 2x its normal size. Sounded really nasty.

I highly suggest people NOT shoot in their penis. For me personally, that is the one appendage I could absolutely NOT live without, so the risk of losing it due to a missed shot and infection leading to amputation is too great to start sticking needles in it.
yea even though veins in the penis are always popped out and easily visible I would never stick needles in there, imagine missing a shot + I think like on a wrist these veins probably roll and hard to hit. theoretically penis has a lot veins and blood coming to it but just thinking about possibility of infection in there makes me sick

I'll use one of my favorite quotes ever seen on Bluelight:

'Keep your doodle out of the drugs.'

=] Don't shoot in your penis. If you fuck it up, girls won't like you.
I know I wouldn't!

When people are at this point, they start IM their heroin. Give ur veins a break for awhile. They are probably scarred like a mo fo.

Do NOT shoot into the penis vein. Both the femoral and jugular are better options. Missing shots could seriously damage your penis, and collapsing that vein makes it hard for blood to drain, so you wind up with priapism.

If there's absolutely no other option, the femoral is safer than the jugular as long as you follow the procedure very carefully.

I'm not sure if this was the same thread you guys are talking about, but I remember the one where he said his penis was swollen and it was starting to turn blue/black.

one thing i've noticed is that the larger the needles you use, the more you trash your veins... stick to the orange caps, the insulin needles if you can... other than your arms, your underside of your forearm has a couple good ones... usually you need a hot bath/shower to see them well enough to hit... plus you'll want a fairly new needle as the more you reuse, the shittier they are to actually penetrating the vein and the more it fucks it up... if you're flexible, try your feet... i don't really like the feet all that much tho b/c you have to watch out for the vein rolling out... it sucks to miss in your feet.

Just do IM in one of your buttcheeks. Just make sure u dont poke too hard (or plunge too hard) or it'll leave you with a sore ass. It's 100% guranteed to work. Just not as fast coming up as IV.

I brought up the shooting in penis thing up more as a joke. If I were a guy and had a penis I think it would be more important than my shot. Living w/o a penis, I would think would make the life quality worse than living w/o a leg or arm.

Just do IM in one of your buttcheeks. Just make sure u dont poke too hard (or plunge too hard) or it'll leave you with a sore ass. It's 100% guranteed to work. Just not as fast coming up as IV.

IMing anything besides a solution that is made for IM is a recipe for an abscess.

yea, i wouldn't recommend IM'ing heroin... only time i ever did that was on accident... i knew a guy that had an abscess that was all infected and shit... they had to cut out a chuck of his arm... not good.

Wow.. well... nevermind then :O

The hell with it, just smoke it bro! I'm outta ideas.

go the groin, never done it myself but ive seen many people put away a shot in under 10 seconds while riding on the train with them after they scored there 'done takeaways... they make it look easy! cant help you as the where it is, but i think you need a decent size tip to start with, maybe if youre havinf trouble finding veins you could always use a butterfly like the docs use to draw blood, There worth there weight in gold if youre shooting large amounts (10ml+ like methadone or huge amounts of oxy), as you can get it into the vein with one hand and jack back with the other.

When I get a strong craving, I find myself dwelling on act of shooting up more than the high itself. In fact, fuck the high, come to think of it that isn't what I crave...nodding itself is frustrating to me, I can't stand to be uncontrollably drifting in and out of consciousness, not with all the shit (school, work) that I have to do.

So what's the big deal about dope then anyway?

The preparation, the rising build up of anticipation for rush, that fucking rush....

Once that's over, the high itself is hardly noticeable because it hardly compares. After that, it's just about having to wait another 4 or 5 hours untill you can experience that blissful 10 seconds all over again...

exactly. i couldn't have said this better myself.

go the groin, never done it myself but ive seen many people put away a shot in under 10 seconds while riding on the train with them after they scored there 'done takeaways... they make it look easy! cant help you as the where it is, but i think you need a decent size tip to start with, maybe if youre havinf trouble finding veins you could always use a butterfly like the docs use to draw blood, There worth there weight in gold if youre shooting large amounts (10ml+ like methadone or huge amounts of oxy), as you can get it into the vein with one hand and jack back with the other.

If you know what your doing, then the groin is VERY easy (in and out in a few seconds) - and that tends to bad thing, as users will tend to stop even looking for other, more safer sites to shoot.

i wouldn't suggest shooting in your groin unless your a master at hitting yourself. even then, i don't recommend it. it's unbelievably dangerous.

and if you miss, you can lose limbs or die (which is very likely). i wouldn't say it's worth it.

at that point i'd probably re-evaluate my drug addiction.

SWIM prefer's the veins running along the top of SWIM's hand, usually the one lined up with the middle finger. Sometimes it rolls around, so be careful and ALWAYS make sure you are still in the vein by pulling blood back into the syringe two or three times during the initial injection! Missing a shot in the hand can be quite painful! 8(

man i hate missing in my hand. it swells up so much that i can hardly bend my fingers. same thing with my feet, except even if i don't miss in my foot it still hurts to shoot there. i usually end up having to lay down with my feet in the air after shooting in my feet cause it burns so much and doesn't circulate very easily. i wish i had known about those harm reduction tips back when i started because between tar heroin and re-using old needles, i don't have a single good vein left except my femoral and jugular, which i am really trying not to resort to.