• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Where to shoot when ur veins are trashed?

Atlien3

Bluelighter
Is there a surefire place to bang once u have exhausted all of your arm veins? My friend wants to know if there is a place he isnt thinking about, does anyone have any suggestions.

If you burn thru your arm's/hand's/feet you're low on options. You can sometimes find one or two on the back of your calf. As someone said you've got the neck, but I'd never recomend it.

You can find them in your wrist, but I don't recommend that either. I used it once and OD'd within seconds (might've been an artery ?).
There's others you can use...tell your friend to search it out. Everyone's body is different (meaning no one know's which veins your friend can access)

My rule of thumb was if it takes more then 30 minutes to find a vein, it's time to give them a rest.

^it's time to give it a rest when you don't know of a vein to use. i would hate to imagine what the damage of digging around for 30mins would be like. talk about being a pin cushion.

tell your friend to give plugging a go.

Taking a hot bath/shower or working out can bring veins to the surface that might not otherwise be visable.

yea, he is one of the reasons i never got into IV'ing, he has preached to me for years about doing it, he shot me once and once only, he told me he would shoot me once and never do it again, ive told him he he just needs to give the needle up and just sniff or plug and he's told me its not so much the dope he is bangin that he is stuck on, its the ritual, the act, the needle itself

yea, he is one of the reasons i never got into IV'ing, he has preached to me for years about doing it, he shot me once and once only, he told me he would shoot me once and never do it again, ive told him he he just needs to give the needle up and just sniff or plug and he's told me its not so much the dope he is bangin that he is stuck on, its the ritual, the act, the needle itself

Fuckin junkies with needle complexes. gross

When I get a strong craving, I find myself dwelling on act of shooting up more than the high itself. In fact, fuck the high, come to think of it that isn't what I crave...nodding itself is frustrating to me, I can't stand to be uncontrollably drifting in and out of consciousness, not with all the shit (school, work) that I have to do.

So what's the big deal about dope then anyway?

The preparation, the rising build up of anticipation for rush, that fucking rush....

Once that's over, the high itself is hardly noticeable because it hardly compares. After that, it's just about having to wait another 4 or 5 hours untill you can experience that blissful 10 seconds all over again...

Hello,

I don’t know if this is any help but on your hands there are two one on each side of your wrist. One running up from the thumb and another on the other side near the ball of your wrist. There are a few near the skin behind your knee and a few outside your ankles. Hope this helps.

Mine are a bitch to hit this weekend too cause i didnt have new needles. Now my shit is scarred up but i won't be shooting for a while so hpefily theyll be all good by nexy time

If you have ran out of veins you really should be looking for a way to get clean instead of finding another vein to shoot into. It's really fucking sad to see someone with trackmarks around their neck because of using their jugular.

dude if you ran out of veins it's about time to slow down or stop. I quit 6 months ago and my veins are all collapsed, 3 weeks ago they took blood for HIV and it took a nurse 5 tries to get a sample and they are professionals. so my point is it takes a lot of time for your veins to recover,in my case I guess more then 6 months.
but if you desperately wonna get high try your wrist or legs, veins on your wrist role so be careful

As someone mentioned lifting and hot showers is a good idea.

But it also helps to give it a rest a lot, mainly because there's a difference between a vein temporarily collapsing and permanently collapsing. I remember the first time I ever noticed a spot wasn't working anymore, I fucking freaked out. Good thing it recovered and started working again after a while.

My point is if you keep poking yourself while your veins aren't working, eventually the veins are gonna give out permanently. I was watching intervention not too long ago about this southern hick girl who shoots up dilaudid and the part of her arm that bends underneath the elbow looked fucking disgusting, I almost feel nauseous thinking about it.

Also missed shots, bruises, and of course abscesses look waaay worse than trackmarks. I remember looking at my arm once and being disgusted with myself, luckily all has healed up and I have no problem wearing T-shirts in front of anyone.

A lot of people overlook the bicep. The vein that runs through the middle of the crook of your elbow also runs up the middle of your bicep. Depending on your build, it's very easy to see and hit. I am like 5 foot 10 and 135 - 140lbs, and it's incredibly easy for me to see. I can imagine someone who is built bigger (stronger) or slimmer than I am would have an even easier time finding it.

But that being said, if you've exhausted your veins to the point where you even have to come here to ask where you can shoot, it may be time to consider A) quitting or B) slowing down and mastering your technique. There is no reason anyone who is reasonably good at shooting should ever have to ask where they can shoot. I was shooting for a long time and never had to move outside the crook of my elbows. Just rotate spots, hit on the first or second try, and use fresh needles.

When I ran out of regular veins, I started using the femoral vein in the groin.

That sucked.

But unfortunately, its really common here in the UK.
I'm struggling to think of one user I knew (I'm clean now) that DIDN'T do that...

the penis has visible veins...u can probably shoot there since all other options are exhausted or is that one also been used up?