• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Where to shoot when ur veins are trashed?

Plug. Plug. Plug. Plug. Plug. Plug. Plug.

It's really not that gross. It doesn't make you gay. AND IT DOESNT DESTROY YOUR BODY'S VITAL BLOOD CARRYING VESSELS. AND IT DOESNT CAUSE ABSCESSES. AND IT DOESNT MAKE YOUR ARMS OR DICK FALL OFF.

(Seriously, people are giving more thought here to injecting dope rolled up with dirt into their dick, like it makes more god-damned sense than plugging the shit? What. The. Fuck.)

It's really not that gross. It doesn't make you gay. AND IT DOESNT DESTROY YOUR BODY'S VITAL BLOOD CARRYING VESSELS. AND IT DOESNT CAUSE ABSCESSES. AND IT DOESNT MAKE YOUR ARMS OR DICK FALL OFF.
)

Yeah.

BUT ITS GIVES A SHIT HIGH COMPARED TO IV.

Telling an IV heroin addict to plug their gear is waste of breath.

during the worst of my IV heroin addiction, i was shooting up through my neck and my former bf was shooting in his dick.
i had exhausted every possible vein (hands, wrists, arms, feet, ankles, legs, torso....).
those are some scary days to think about now that i'm out of that daze. like, WTF was i doing????

i also hated plugging and IM'ing but hell, when there's nothin else, you do what you gotta do!

my advice would be to prepare a double shot, so you can get the "ritual high," and IM one dose into your upper arm or side/torso (kicks in quicker; IM'ing into your ass cheek or thigh takes longer).... and while you're waiting for your shit to kick in, you can help a buddy shoot up the second dose.

it's keeps ya occupied at least while you wait......

I know someone who shoots into his neck (just because you can does not mean you should) because all his other veins are shot. I'm not sure about how safe that is though.

^^ I seen a bitch do that on the intervention show, some nasty shit. Im not an IV'er but I am a football player and after an intense upper body work out I see all sorts of veins in my arms I never knew I had, and I'm a veiny motherfucker even when I dont work out. So mabey try doing some curls before you push off. Thats what one of my best friends does, but he is a slightly retarded junkie/jock so i dont know if theres any danger to that sort of routine

^
yeah my veins before i started IV'ing were shitty and like baby veins.

when i wanted to shoot i'd crank up the personal heater in my room and do some push-ups. granted, this didn't do anything when my veins were all collapsed anyways.
at least i got a workout.

ran out of veins...help!

hey all.. new registered user to bluelight (longtime lurker/reader/info getter). ok i just want an answer to my question. not reasons why i shouldn't do things, or anything else...just some nice plain old answers. (i'm not trying to come off as rude or obonoxious, because i'm far from that. i just really don't want to waste anyone's time here.) i've been doing whatever i do for a very very longtime, so a few comments is not going to make me suddenly realize that i'm an asshole - this i already know! ok, with that said....:\

i have ran out of veins, even my old trustys. i've been trying my feet and my forearms but they both hurt very bad and i keep getting severe bruising, swollen tissue..almost like an abcess, but it goes away in like 2 days. 8o can anyone offer me some suggestions on where else to try? my hands, wrists and the usual middle of forearm(opposite side of elbow) are all shot. thanks so much for any help!!! =D

Well I have to say it.... when you're running out of veins you should probably take it as a sign you're using too much. But life isn't that simple ... :\

There's a vein behind the knee which is large and relatively safe to hit (not too close to an artery)... you'll have to do a search for it though as I don't know the name of it off the top of my head. If you have low body fat perhaps the veins in/near bicep? The worst options (most dangerous) are femoral vein (groin) and jugular, b/c you can easily hit an artery.
Go check out the Case Studies thread for what happens when you accidentally hit an artery

i have ran out of veins, even my old trustys. i've been trying my feet and my forearms but they both hurt very bad and i keep getting severe bruising, swollen tissue..almost like an abcess, but it goes away in like 2 days. 8o can anyone offer me some suggestions on where else to try? my hands, wrists and the usual middle of forearm(opposite side of elbow) are all shot. thanks so much for any help!!! =D

I know...don't IV drugs anymore!

Oh wait, you want to be told how to keep IVing despite usable veins.

Try your penis! lol J/K -> merged

unable to find any vein that works may be a sign you need to seek help, fast.

like djsim said tho, its probably easier said than done.

i heard there's some in the thigh if you can find em.

After the arms in this order , hands , legs , feet , left and right of your belly button there is 1 bit horizontal vein on each side (where the hipbone sticks out)

then .the big dangerous 3 (if you're technique is not perfects this is very dangerous even medical workers make deadly mistakes when tryoing to hit the femoral or carotid vein)

femoral , neck ,( penis)

although the penis vein is easiest to hit and has no arteries close to the surface because of the swelling tissues which can cause your weener to malfunction after injecting even the smallest amount of particulate matter (ie missing your shot) if you don't have a micron filter or an amp this is a no-no in my opinion.

the femoral takes some skill , try not to puncture it all the way through , because its soo bg this might cause sever hemorhagging , i hit the big veins behind my knee clumsily (read not horizontal enough / went all the way through) and the heamorhaging made me nearlhy lose my leg , i had a huge gaping flesh wound that took 3 months to close and limped for about 1 year to this day the scar looks like i was attacked by a shark , by the way i had hit this vein over 5 times before without problems.

so a vein in the neck might seem very easy to hit because its so big but if you don't have the technique please try to find another vein , even if this means trying 10 times to hit pencil thin veisn on your hands.

in my experience when you take a break of say 6 months and look after your health / work-out you will be surpised at how many drug lanes pop back up

If you shoot in your neck wouldn't you have to shoot down? That seems like it would be really awkward. But jesus, if they made small enough needles people would probably bang into their eyeballs.

If you shoot in your neck wouldn't you have to shoot down? That seems like it would be really awkward. But jesus, if they made small enough needles people would probably bang into their eyeballs.

See the Case Studies thread...SOMEONE did shoot up into an eyeball...no shit. Fucked up, huh? It's scary how desperate us junkies can get. But for the Grade of G-d....

OC

ok so seriously. not one person can give me an answer or a few things to try without the preaching??? i clearly stated to not bother with that. i know i should stop, i know, i know , i know. but the fact is - i'm not ready at this time. this may sound like a cop out but i suffer from many very serious health problems, some which can kill me. i'm in chronic debilitating pain, and i just don't want to be in pain. this all started out 15 yrs ago when i was first prescribed vicoden, which led to percs, then oxy's, then finally to methadone. then i lost my health insurance and had no choice but to graduate to heroin. i'm not some naive thrill seeking kid. i am a mature women with serious health problems, no insurance and just need the relief. i don't use to get high, i use to not be in pain and not be sick. i've tried suboxone/subutex 5 different times. it helped the wd's but actually made my pain worse. my actual dr's took me off and switched me to methadone. i have not done dope in 3 months. my vein problem is from the methadone....i usually only bang it in the morning because methadone wd's are far worse then anything else ever. it makes heroin look like a piece of cake. so if i wake up and take the pills (as directed)(i'm prescribed 90 mgs a day, 30 mg TID) i'm sick for 3-5 hours. if i bang it i'm better instantly. i definitely expected a nicer more helpful response then what i got for my first entry. i've been a fan of this site for a couple of years and just joined last night. so please anyone who can help me, and not judge me please - let's talk! thanks :)

^ Seriously.

You can't find anywhere on your arms/upper-arms/wrists/hands/legs/feet?

Your only real option is the femoral.:\

If you choose to go ahead, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into (and what you're doing)..

*I'm in the same boat as you btw.

ok so seriously. not one person can give me an answer or a few things to try without the preaching??? i clearly stated to not bother with that. i know i should stop, i know, i know , i know. but the fact is - i'm not ready at this time. this may sound like a cop out but i suffer from many very serious health problems, some which can kill me. i'm in chronic debilitating pain, and i just don't want to be in pain. this all started out 15 yrs ago when i was first prescribed vicoden, which led to percs, then oxy's, then finally to methadone. then i lost my health insurance and had no choice but to graduate to heroin. i'm not some naive thrill seeking kid. i am a mature women with serious health problems, no insurance and just need the relief. i don't use to get high, i use to not be in pain and not be sick. i've tried suboxone/subutex 5 different times. it helped the wd's but actually made my pain worse. my actual dr's took me off and switched me to methadone. i have not done dope in 3 months. my vein problem is from the methadone....i usually only bang it in the morning because methadone wd's are far worse then anything else ever. it makes heroin look like a piece of cake. so if i wake up and take the pills (as directed)(i'm prescribed 90 mgs a day, 30 mg TID) i'm sick for 3-5 hours. if i bang it i'm better instantly. i definitely expected a nicer more helpful response then what i got for my first entry. i've been a fan of this site for a couple of years and just joined last night. so please anyone who can help me, and not judge me please - let's talk! thanks :)

Please don't IV methadone, there is a reason you're running out of veins with the methadone. Check out the Case Studies thread.

No one's trying to give you rhetoric bullshit - we are telling you if your veins are trashed you need help.

Girl, I'm going to be honest with you...I IV at least 3 or 4 times a day...and have been for at least 6 months (if not 9 months) now. I've IV'd heroin (a dozen or two times before getting clean), i have IV'd cocaine (less than a dozen or two times), I have IV'd ketamine (a dozen or two times and counting;)) i have IV'd MDA (once - which was certainly more than enough) I have IV'd suboxone a few hundred times.

And, gee, I haven't run out of any veins. There are additives in methadone that make it dangerous for injection - I say this in your best interest. Some people are very evil mother fuckers and they decided to add talc and microcrystalline cellulose and other additives in some tablets to deliberately fuck up addicts trying to catch a buzz.

I understand you don't want to be waiting for hours until the dope sickness goes away. However, you should really get another drug to use if you are going to IV.

We're not trying to press rhetoric bullshit on you by far. I've used a fair amount and I care about myself, that's why when my veins are looking awful used, I lighten up and take a break.

Methadone (which was designed for oral consumption) will ruin your veins quicker than most other drugs will.

Please heed my warning not in "preaching" or "judging" you - but in a fair warning to you.

FYI, methadone tablets do contain microcrystalline cellulose. Aka, the shit fucks up your veins. At least use a micron filter if you can even find a place to bang the shit.