• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Where to shoot when ur veins are trashed?

I think it's safe to say a good rule of thumb is if you find yourself with a needle in one hand and your penis in the other, it's time to stop.

Hey Captain, exactly how does putting pressure on the injection site immediately after help?

After I shoot I dab up the blood and run warm water over the site for 10 seconds or so, lightly massaging the area.

What does pressure do? It's hard to believe that alone would prevent track marks... Currently I do what I described above and use neosporin and vitamin e the next day and I still get marks...

CH, have you ever watched a drug documentary that shows people shoot up, I'm sure you've noticed most users have some of the worst technique, its hard to watch. Using small gauge needles, always cooking the shot, sitting there looking at the IV site instead of putting pressure on it and cleaning it after.

I do agree that you can keep great veins with the proper technique. Though I don't use daily when I do IV, I've found that using a fresh, 29-31G needle, immediate pressure on the site and triple antibiotic oil leave me with barley any tracks even after 24 hours. Got to give props to BL for all the info I got off it.

I've seen it in real life as well, dropping a needle and choosing to use it anyways, etc. - I know. It's hard to watch.

Glad to hear that it's helped you out. :)

I think it's safe to say a good rule of thumb is if you find yourself with a needle in one hand and your penis in the other, it's time to stop.

Hey Captain, exactly how does putting pressure on the injection site immediately after help?

After I shoot I dab up the blood and run warm water over the site for 10 seconds or so, lightly massaging the area.

What does pressure do? It's hard to believe that alone would prevent track marks... Currently I do what I described above and use neosporin and vitamin e the next day and I still get marks...

The pressure (not a lot of pressure but light) helps reduce the bleeding after the vein has been punctured. It's kind of like if you are bleeding profusely from an open wound, pressure (you would use a lot of pressure in this instance) helps encourage clotting and not as much blood will leak out. The more blood that leaks out of the vessel, the more staining that happens to the subcutaneous flesh, and the more bruising. In general this is what causes most people's track marks.

The pressure will help stop the bleeding and scaring I believe internally. I use vitamin E on a regular basis to coat "wounds".
email removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Well between my 30 seconds of pressure and then the 30 seconds of warm water massage, the bleeding always stops by then, so if the idea here is to stop the bleeding as quickly as possible, I guess I'm good.

By the way, perhaps the best product I've found designed to speed up the healing of skin is called BIAFINE. A dermatologist once gave me a few sample tubes to try out (my skin has always taken a really long time to heal) and the stuff really is amazing. See if you can find a doc to script you some (just say you still get acne sometimes and your slow-healing skin makes the pimple scars stay visible far longer than they should).

Or just walk into any dermatologists office and see if they are willing to give you a sample tube to try (they are small but when used in the tiny amounts needed to apply to track marks one of those tubes lasts for months).

Every derm I've been to handed those things out like candy, so you might get lucky if you're willing to just try walking in off the street to a few). Or maybe you know a girl who has regular trips to a derm and she can score you some.

But its worth getting as the stuff heals any skin abrasions amazingly fast.

places to IV

as suggested u got ur fem(groin) ur kneck, u got a blood bank below ur muscle at top of arm go direct into it, or if worsr comes to worse dependin on wot u doing and how bad u need try skin poppin, done it few times just to get a hit but like i say for desperate time really.

can anyone point in the rite direction or to the right person as i would like to no a little bout methamphetimine. thanks

as suggested u got ur fem(groin) ur kneck, u got a blood bank below ur muscle at top of arm go direct into it, or if worsr comes to worse dependin on wot u doing and how bad u need try skin poppin, done it few times just to get a hit but like i say for desperate time really.

No, please do not do skin popping. This is horrible.

Try water lining or plugging a solution before subcutaneous injections, unless it is a pure and sterile source.

Yeah I agree with the Captain, if you can't find a vein and need to do your drugs PLUG IT. It's easy, safe and nearly as effective as IV.

Try it now and learn how to do it so when a true emergency arises you'll know what to do.

Besides, you might LIKE the effects... Personally, I think the rectal opiate high is better than IV.

Don't forget the IM way,the act,the needle,(because a lot of people stuck with this)is the same..and it lasts longer;)

all my hands arms feet legs etc are done in. so basically all of em. you could try either your neck or your groin but if you do be bloody careful. there is your femoral arterys in the groin and a massive one in the neck. also you need to be careful of hitting nerves. you hit one in your groin and it wont be like if you hit one in your arm. you will literally feel like someone has rammed an electric cattle prod up your arse (trust me) and if you hit a nerve in your neck its been known to cause severe paralysis. so can the groin to some extent. basically buddy stop banging up. i should know. i've done everything in including my neck and groin and ended up with DVT as a result. i even resorted to using the veins in my fingertips at one point i was so desperate for a hit and it hurt like a fucker!

plug it?!

can any one tell me how pluggin compares to iv? i mean the rush and duration of pluggin dope.

I'll use one of my favorite quotes ever seen on Bluelight:

'Keep your doodle out of the drugs.'

=] Don't shoot in your penis. If you fuck it up, girls won't like you.
I know I wouldn't!
that's one of three I'd never attempt or let someone professional nurse-doctor even try, eye, and neck... lol @ your quote

I buy the filters made for rolling the slim venti brand and use a 5ml barrel to suck up, only takes a second cos of the force.. then put that into a 1ml or what every ya like etc. hope that helps

Yeah I agree with the Captain, if you can't find a vein and need to do your drugs PLUG IT. It's easy, safe and nearly as effective as IV.

Try it now and learn how to do it so when a true emergency arises you'll know what to do.

Besides, you might LIKE the effects... Personally, I think the rectal opiate high is better than IV.

Yeah, my shooting days are history, and I've been trying to use this ROA without success, owing to inadequate equipment (2 ml syringe), I now have obtained a box of "Microlette Mini Enemas"
I'm not sure the active ingredients, but it looks like cum (sorry for the grotesque imagery, but it's true), designed to directly treat constipation. I don't suffer from this, but the things look reusable; could I pour away the goo, and use this as a rectal syringe type rig, filling it with my desired drug? It kind of resembles a sample tube of toothpaste, 5 ml capacity, with a 3 inch nozzle; the bit that goes up the rectum. It's designed so you bung it in there and squeeze the bottle until empty of contents.

On a side note, these Microlettes seem feasible for opiate constipation; apparently they can clear a fecal impaction.

Forgot to mention I'm intending to IR suboxone; is this a bad idea?

Wtf?

Fuckin junkies with needle complexes. gross
... if you think junkies are gross.. I agree.. . but I don't define a junkie as a drug user who prefers iv use over plugging snorting etc. . so what's YOUR definition of a junkie? ?!?

There is no "Rest" for junkies, you either spend the hour finding the vein or be sick as hell, period.

ok so seriously. not one person can give me an answer or a few things to try without the preaching??? i clearly stated to not bother with that. i know i should stop, i know, i know , i know. but the fact is - i'm not ready at this time. this may sound like a cop out but i suffer from many very serious health problems, some which can kill me. i'm in chronic debilitating pain, and i just don't want to be in pain. this all started out 15 yrs ago when i was first prescribed vicoden, which led to percs, then oxy's, then finally to methadone. then i lost my health insurance and had no choice but to graduate to heroin. i'm not some naive thrill seeking kid. i am a mature women with serious health problems, no insurance and just need the relief. i don't use to get high, i use to not be in pain and not be sick. i've tried suboxone/subutex 5 different times. it helped the wd's but actually made my pain worse. my actual dr's took me off and switched me to methadone. i have not done dope in 3 months. my vein problem is from the methadone....i usually only bang it in the morning because methadone wd's are far worse then anything else ever. it makes heroin look like a piece of cake. so if i wake up and take the pills (as directed)(i'm prescribed 90 mgs a day, 30 mg TID) i'm sick for 3-5 hours. if i bang it i'm better instantly. i definitely expected a nicer more helpful response then what i got for my first entry. i've been a fan of this site for a couple of years and just joined last night. so please anyone who can help me, and not judge me please - let's talk! thanks :)

I'm on methadone myself for 9 years now, may I ask, why and what in God's name is the point of shooting methadone? If you think it gets you high or a rush you've lost your mind. If it were true that shooting methadone gave you a rush or made you high, everyone in the clinic would look like they had chicken pocks from all the shooting up. It doesn't make any sense, I think you may want to talk to a professional. I know this is an old thread but that struck me as insane and I had to ask in the off chance that she's still alive and sees messages directed toward her.

Really? You're going to come on here and judge? Swim loves to shoot and waited 5 years to do so. Swim now won't do it any other way... it's not gross... it's heaven and hell mixed into one package. I find you disgusting for calling people gross that you've never met. And a FUCKING JUNKIE is anyone addicted to opiates you fuck. Hmmm not sure how to reply to the asshole that said junkies are gross but this post is to them. And to the original post... tell your friend to always wash his arms beforehand with warm to hot water... also alternate sides... one day use one side and one vein, the next day the other side and one vein (all the while using TRIPLE ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENT on injection sites... that will expedite the healing process. And the most important factor is to make sure they are using fresh sharps every time (they dull easily and quickly - after one shot to be precise)

Last edited: