• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Where to shoot when ur veins are trashed?

jesus christ ,you can get new veins(no NOT at costco) ,its called body building/weight training

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_zbF...&sigr=11gosldu4&sigi=11bep3oon&sigb=13b7hik3m

lifting forces oxygen into your veins ,the more this happens the more "fluffy" they will become ,get you a forearm gripper ,you just squeze it,do it every day ,do bicep curls,tricep pushdowns,dips ...get a huge pump every time ,buy some L-arginine it helps nitric-oxide flow engorging your veins ,stAY HYDRATED ,this wont haPPEN OVER NIGHT BUT TRUST ME ,IN A COUPLE WEEKS YOU WIILL FEEL NEW VEINS AND SOME OF THE VEINS U THOUGHT WERE GONE WILL COME BACK!!!

there should be a sticky on VEIN care ,really hot showers/hot tubs can help

but nothing works as good as pumping IRON

there should be a sticky on VEIN care ,really hot showers/hot tubs can help

but nothing works as good as pumping IRON

If we actually stickied every thread that people requested, you would have to click through several pages of stickies before getting to non-stuck threads.

Check out the OD Directory. We're more likely to add a good thread in the OD Directory than we are to stick a thread.

You are right though, muscular work outs do great things for your veins.

Originally Posted by dopiate
I've heard quite frequently that using an alcohol pad after injection isn't a good idea, i mean, it should be sterile before you inject.

It is sterile before, I just use one afterward to keep the blood from staining the skin.

dopiate is right i believe

alcohol wipe is best used pre-injection using the circular motion technique (this is suggested as part of the hygienic ritual which should also include good hand washing and area washing using squirty carex or similar anti-bacterial soap). post injection just a clean (sterile if possible) peice of cotton wool pressed firmly on injection site and taped in place. try to raise the limb if possible. Using an alco swab post injection stops your blood clotting properly making bruising more likely and will sting like hell if your not injecting something that is going to kill the pain/anaestise the area).

Last edited by a moderator:
Using an alco swab post injection stops your blood clotting properly making bruising more likely and will sting like hell if your not injecting something that is going to kill the pain/anaestise the area).

Oh really? Is that way it doesn't sting, I don't bruise, and my blood clots just the same just fine?

I'm not injecting something that numbs the area.

When I get a strong craving, I find myself dwelling on act of shooting up more than the high itself. In fact, fuck the high, come to think of it that isn't what I crave...nodding itself is frustrating to me, I can't stand to be uncontrollably drifting in and out of consciousness, not with all the shit (school, work) that I have to do.

So what's the big deal about dope then anyway?

The preparation, the rising build up of anticipation for rush, that fucking rush....

Once that's over, the high itself is hardly noticeable because it hardly compares. After that, it's just about having to wait another 4 or 5 hours untill you can experience that blissful 10 seconds all over again...

I kind of agree on this front. For people like me, we're the ones who like to pick at our cuticles when we're nervous or squeeze zits, its the ritual and playing with the needle that can be just as, if not more addictive than, the drug itself. Maybe its a control thing, the fact that we can manipulate our bodies so easily, or maybe it coincides with the picking fetish. To this, I would say try injecting saline whenever you get an urge to dance with the needle again. And, this goes without saying, be safe and sterile whenever dealing with iv anything use.

*Also, when the spot you hit has clotted, rub some topical antibiotic or healing salve over the area. The skin will absorb it and heal much faster. It may also aid in reducing any bacterial infection that could be starting within the epidermal walls.

Last edited:
Oh really? Is that way it doesn't sting, I don't bruise, and my blood clots just the same just fine?

I believe it says in BL's own IV FAQ that using a alchy swab after is NOT advised....

I believe it says in BL's own IV FAQ that using a alchy swab after is NOT advised....

And I'm not saying it's 100% necessary. However the alcohol wipes I use for after injection, they barely have any alcohol in them.

There are different brands of alcohol wipes, some are soaking wet (CVS brand, Kroger brand to some extent) and then some have literally almost no rubbing alcohol on them (ReliOn brand, I found them at WalMart). The benefit of this is you are using something sterile. If I just grab a piece of toilet paper, who knows what's on it? If I get a cotton ball that's been sitting underneath the sink, how do I know that is sterile?

Most of the time I don't bleed and the wound isn't still open after I inject, but if it is, why would I risk using something not sterile to help it clot?

If all I have are CVS and/or Kroger brand wipes, we'll squeeze the alcohol out of it (for when we're done injecting) so that it doesn't disturb the blood clotting.

i never used to use anything after injecting (bad i know) but i would use rubbing alcohol before the shot and after the shot id just press down on the injection site with my thumb (clean of course) for a couple minutes.. never had anything bleed. bruised a couple times but that was when i was first learning and i would poke around in there trying to get into the vein to register.

this winter has been particularly bitchin' for me. can never find my veins in this cold ass weather. goodbye shooting up in the car on the way back, and hello sticking my hands in a steamy sink of hot water beforehand.

as i was hiding my addiction from my partner i went straight into my femoral in my groin (to hide the evidence) the vein there is very big ,but it lies wrapped around the femoral arterey and also is very close to the main nerve bundle in the leg , it is very common in the uk to use this site eventually and the general rule is find the pulse cover it with one finger and move one finger inwards but remember if you miss or hit the nerve or artery your in really deep shit so think long and hard my friend i would suggest leaving out i.ving for a while and you may be surprised at how many old sites come back

At the needle exchange in my area the nursing staff there will assist you in locating good veins if most of yours are already damaged. Pretty cool service imho

My friend when he couldnt find a vein anymore, he would shoot up near his pelvis bone, in between the legs, but be careful not to hit a nerve.. maybe if one describes "thrashed veins" one should switch ROA

Honestly as long as you use a new needle every time, with the smallest gauge possible, 2-5 times per day max, and you lift weights, use triple antibiotic ointment, rotate cites, etc. you shouldn't have "trashed" your veins.

Re-using needles, using mroe than 6+ times per day, not lifting weights or even doing cardio, no ointment/neosporin, not rotating but reusing cites, I can see how you have trashed your veins.

Then again, some of us were born with better veins, I guess. Individual people probably have variances, and you may not want to inject more than 1x per day (or even that) if you have very finicky veins.

Start lifting weight. Serious weights. This will help your veins regrow and will make existing ones bigger and more visible.

Be active, exercise has hundreds of other benefits for you.

lol - mate feel free to do whatever you like if it works for you. However, give best practice advice first (otherwise known as the ideal world advice) and then let people make their own minds up of what works for them.

Im a big guy use to be 267pds, im down to 201pds and i have much better vein acess. I always wanted to try mainlining. (Is that bad) Just to see what its like...But uh there is a biggie vein on the back of your arm that you can hit if you go near your elbow. Ive had to use that once or twice, its hard but if you can get someone to help you its all gravy baby!

Honestly as long as you use a new needle every time, with the smallest gauge possible, 2-5 times per day max, and you lift weights, use triple antibiotic ointment, rotate cites, etc. you shouldn't have "trashed" your veins.

Re-using needles, using mroe than 6+ times per day, not lifting weights or even doing cardio, no ointment/neosporin, not rotating but reusing cites, I can see how you have trashed your veins.

Then again, some of us were born with better veins, I guess. Individual people probably have variances, and you may not want to inject more than 1x per day (or even that) if you have very finicky veins.

CH, have you ever watched a drug documentary that shows people shoot up, I'm sure you've noticed most users have some of the worst technique, its hard to watch. Using small gauge needles, always cooking the shot, sitting there looking at the IV site instead of putting pressure on it and cleaning it after.

I do agree that you can keep great veins with the proper technique. Though I don't use daily when I do IV, I've found that using a fresh, 29-31G needle, immediate pressure on the site and triple antibiotic oil leave me with barley any tracks even after 24 hours. Got to give props to BL for all the info I got off it.

what...the...fuck....

You should delete that shit man, that's probably one of the worst/most dangerous pieces of advice ever posted on this site.

...bullshit

Seriously, I shot coke into my husband's dorsal vein (located in the penis) & all THAT did was miss & make a HUGE lump on that side of his cock! Never shoot in the dick; that is, unless you're looking for a quick sex change....

Yeah, I agree.... I have been using the veins in my tits & the ones that run across my collarbone area (those worked like a champ!). You can go in the neck, I have several times but honestly, if ou dont know what youre doing, you could end up dead.

i have no idea where to get a micron filter. i use a whole cigg filter. i did some research online and everyone seemed to say the same thing...cotton is too soft and bad shit will get through. cig filters are thicker and long, and are very dense. it takes me about 15 mins just to suck it up. i'm extremely careful, i use alcohol to clean everything, i use my syriges only once and i bleach them all anyway (in case someday i don't have a new one and no money!!!)

i have heard lots of places, not nesessarly here, but i have hear that cigerette filters cause "cotton fever" specially Malbaro cigerette filters because they contain graphite instead of cotton like Camel and other brands, i use a qtip cotton and seems to work alright but, i have seem lil tiny peices of cotton fiber get sucked up and even cloged in the syringe, how can i get micro filters or at least a good filter out of everyday stuff.....