• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Where to shoot when ur veins are trashed?

^
can i ask which one you hit and also do you hit it in the good direction with the tip down? cause it seems much easier the other way around , it seems really easy to hit but then when it comes down to it and im standing in fornt of the mirror i chicken out even if this means having to dig for a small ass vein in my hands fpo 20 minutes.

p.s i have really good technique now , just took me a long time and all my veins to get there so if you have more pointers on spots in the neck sreaany usefull informstion would ccome in handy

I would never use my neck for IV purposes, that seems especially risky for many different reasons.

I would never use my neck for IV purposes, that seems especially risky for many different reasons.

I mean come on.

I can understand losing up arm veins...i can live with lack of hand circulation.

I can even understand losing up leg veins...i can live with lack of foot circulation.

But you all know where those veins in your neck bring blood from right? YOUR FUCKING BRAIN.

there is an almost unmisable but not easily visible canal in the groin, look it up, u'll find what ur look for with the right keywords, just go for it

reading this thread makes me so happy not to be shootin dope anymore.

me and my junkie buddies were so unhealthy. 5 of us in a car, 1 needle, all dump our bags onto the back of a coke can and all shoot one after the other. using needles to the point that there were no numbers on it and having to chapstick the plunger to get it to slide without breaking. trying to angle an almost half bent tip in. micron filters? lol. i never used anything other than a q tip head as small as i could get it. 30 cotton cotton shots. never bleaching anything. never used an alcohol pad in my life. saliva on fresh used spots? i used to shoot coke for hours and be bleedin out everywhere sucking on the crook of my arm with 50 holes in it trying to get a bent needle into my foot. i did get a horrible abscess on my bicept but i never contracted any diseases (tested many times since i last shot) and i probably shared needles with over 30 different people.

captain heroin you give a lot of advice about people not shooting pills and not livin right and u iv suboxone every 4 hours? thats kinda hypocritical to me. no offense but ive read some of ur posts and instead of helping people usually your one of the first ones to post in their thread and you bash what they are doing. i know you dont see it that way but ive seen it a few times over the past week.

if you want your veins back, lift weights. you probably want to do high rep lower weight workouts on your arms (bicept curls, tricept extensions, forearm work). good luck girl. take hot steamy showers even shoot dope in a bathroom with the shower on high to where all you can see is steam. push ups work in a pinch sometimes.

this is always an absolute last resort but there is a vein on your calf muscle halfway down your leg on the side facing towards your other leg if it gets crucial.

take care OP. dont listen to the negative things people are saying. sounds like youve been doin this long enough to know what you want. be safe

captain heroin you give a lot of advice about people not shooting pills and not livin right and u iv suboxone every 4 hours? thats kinda hypocritical to me. no offense but ive read some of ur posts and instead of helping people usually your one of the first ones to post in their thread and you bash what they are doing. i know you dont see it that way but ive seen it a few times over the past week.
Suboxone doesn't have talc, or microcrystalline cellulose. In other words, bits of it aren't accumulating in any of my organs (as far as I know and I'm pretty sure no one has said anything about this anywhere if it were to be true).

I discourage IV pills like OC, Morphine Sulfate, Ritalin, etc because they all have harmful inactive ingredients. The mere act of doing so (safely w/ a micron filter) isn't anything I have a problem with - it's the inactive ingredients that you're getting into your body that I have a problem with.

I also use a new needle every time, always use an alcohol swab, always use a heat compress if I miss (which is rare), and I always have someone else around whenever I IV anything. Due to this, I think what I do is a lot safer than what other people do.

dont listen to the negative things people are saying.
I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.

If you can get methadone in a ampule, it's OK to IV it. 100%. But IVing methadone that was meant for oral consumption leads to a variety of health problems, and is horrible on the veins (when compared to IVable drugs). Tchort has posted plenty on this that I don't have to go into it.

Yes.

You're agreeing with him?

I've never seen CH say you shouldn't IV suboxone. That is being hypocritical, not telling someone they shouldn't cold shake dilaudids or they should maybe use a micron filter to be safe.

Maybe there's a reason you have no veins left.

You're agreeing with him?

I've never seen CH say you shouldn't IV suboxone. That is being hypocritical, not telling someone they shouldn't cold shake dilaudids or they should maybe use a micron filter to be safe.

Maybe there's a reason you have no veins left.

The last bit was harsh but I agree with you.

I mainly advise people don't do things that will lead them to introducing dangerous inactive filler into their bodies...and people honestly like getting high and don't really care what the price of it is sometimes.

ive heard of people getting gang green infections (no idea how to spell that) in their penis afterwords, i would say IM it or possibly your groin.

Oh god, i could not imagine getting gangrene in my dick. Although it would have a shocking similarity to the Jolly Green Giant's ;)

But IVing methadone that was meant for oral consumption leads to a variety of health problems, and is horrible on the veins (when compared to IVable drugs). Tchort has posted plenty on this that I don't have to go into it.

Yeah - fuck that.

Thats something I haven't even tried. The only time I banged Meth was in NZ where they have stuff thats just like water and 5mg/ml concentration.

I can't even imagine sticking any real amount of that 1mg/ml green stuff into my veins. You would have to do SO much of it, and it would be like shooting cough syrup.

I don't think theres a single thing you could do to improve on that either. Boiling it down would justy make it thicker. A micron filter wouldn't help either.

If I was absolutly set on banging methadone, I supoose I would get those wafers.

A female friend of mine always had problems finding a vein. She used her neck alot and even her forehead, which was pretty gross:p:p:p:p

OP-if you ever read this again....check this out.i am recovering now from the needle itself.you are going to do what you are going to do so go to this link and take it seriously.i just got over an abscess that went MRSA staph infection bc i broke one of my rules.
follow these guidelines if you MUST shoot up.trust me,i know where you are coming from.

http://www.harmreduction.org/article.php?id=212

takes you right to where you need to be...this is home page:

http://www.harmreduction.org/index.php

and links here w/n bluelight:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=75897

be safe...stay safe...................skillz

Does plugging work for cocaine as well? Are the sensations similar? Sudden rush + audio distortion/euphoria? You talking about mixing in a needle-less syringe with water and just plugging up, or is there a specific ritual?

IMAGINE the numb arse you'd get from that!

your just a lowlife loser to JUDGE people with this fatal disease!

Fuckin junkies with needle complexes. gross

obviously you are even worse than a "junkie" as u call or are talking about people who has this serious fatal disease. i have seen ignorance and people as you with no 1 ounce of knowledge. So you are taking over GOD'S job by judging another human being, you disgust me you pig! i hope you dont have children, poor things they are gonna pay for your judgements, LOSER!!!!!!!!!! :X LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL AND ANYONE ELSE WHO THINKS LIKE YOU. SOMEDAY YOUR GONNA OPEN THAT NASTY MOUTH OF YOURS TO SOMEONE THAT'LL HOPEFULLLY PUT U IN YOUR PLACE!

Why I wouldn't quite put as the above poster,not everyone who shoots up is a lowlife.No more than the scum of the earth are bound by their crimes to shoot up.I IV and I have a needle complex too.I am neither "gross" or unsightly,I use a new rig EVERY TIME(believe me,folks that is so important),I have researched what I need to as far as drugs that can be IVd safely.As CH stated,I also rotate sites and I am beyond sterile.and I am a junkie.some people just are,I am.And I have been using for 20years,I promise-anything can be an addiction-anything can be junk.I only started IVing a little less that 2 years ago,needles are a love/hate relationship for each individual user-AND IF YOU HAVEN'T PICKED UP THE NEEDLE DON'T.Regardless of how you feel about it,it really isn't ANYONE'S place to judge another person,especially here.PLUR...it truly does mean something.
Tolerance is beautiful.
Be safe,stay safe...........much peace n love.................skillz

Tolerance is beautiful.

That kind of tolerance, yes. The other kind is shit.

Has your friend checked his ankles? I don't IV but I've noticed I have huge veins running over my ankle bones, at least as big or bigger than the ones in my arms.

That kind of tolerance, yes. The other kind is shit.

Has your friend checked his ankles? I don't IV but I've noticed I have huge veins running over my ankle bones, at least as big or bigger than the ones in my arms.

The veins on your ankles look big but it is deceiving. Its a good idea to use a higher gauge needle. When pushing the plunger down, you need to go slower than usual. The walls of the veins in that area are not that thick so pushing down quickly could burst the vein causing a missed shot (among other things)

Funny this kinda thing never crossed my mind until I started using heroin, even though I have vowed to never IV and have stuck to that so far. But now I notice where all my veins are...I think I'd probably start with my feet (very veiny), so I could hide my tracks. I couldn't imagine walking around with track marks all over my hands.