• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Where to shoot when ur veins are trashed?

That was a really hard sentence to understand.

basically he's saying in colder weather your veins tend to sink deeper under the skin to be able to find and resgister in relation to warm weather when theyre more pronouced and no so shallow. they hot temp brings them to the surface of your skin.

Ha, I always have a case of the "at least's" when I use/

At least i only did 5 bags today
At least I didn't nod out in public
At least this is only the 2nd time im using this rig
At least ....at least...at least

One day I will be able to say "At least I was able to quit drugs":D

thanks for the insight! i will keep my brain peeled for these types of thoughts and will try my best to counteract them and beat them down

Girl, I'm going to be honest with you...I IV at least 3 or 4 times a day...and have been for at least 6 months (if not 9 months) now. I've IV'd heroin (a dozen or two times before getting clean), i have IV'd cocaine (less than a dozen or two times), I have IV'd ketamine (a dozen or two times and counting;)) i have IV'd MDA (once - which was certainly more than enough) I have IV'd suboxone a few hundred times.

Methadone (which was designed for oral consumption) will ruin your veins quicker than most other drugs will.

Please heed my warning not in "preaching" or "judging" you - but in a fair warning to you.

i've read the exact same thing about suboxone, that it's not safe to iv? what are you doing differently? i've iv'd it myself plenty of times before i started getting my methadone script.

anyone ever inject under the tongue?
\

no , it would be petty stupid , it was an anecdote in this book (beam me up scotty) that left me wondering , Because of the fact that its always wet and a lot of us junkies have poor dental hygiene (reduced salivation because of opiate intake) it is very likely that even the smallest hole wil not heal and or even turn into a full on infection abscess , and i can tell you one thing an abscess in your gums is not nice , plus the vein isn't even that big anyway , shooting into your forehead would be smarter than under your tongue

p.s leftwing thanks for clarifying

You need to keep saliva away from your injection site at all costs so as to not introduce bacteria that is in your mouth into your blood stream.

Do not inject underneath your tongue.

A lot of people overlook the bicep. The vein that runs through the middle of the crook of your elbow also runs up the middle of your bicep. Depending on your build, it's very easy to see and hit.

Holy shit, I started readin this thread after realizing my arm and hand veins are sunken too low (they do that temporarily after i use em a couple times), and this is the best answer I got. I can see that bicep vein even in the dark room I'm in. Wow, thanks 6/7!

Holy shit, I started readin this thread after realizing my arm and hand veins are sunken too low (they do that temporarily after i use em a couple times), and this is the best answer I got. I can see that bicep vein even in the dark room I'm in. Wow, thanks 6/7!

It's my trusty side kick too. It's my favorite vein to register in, because it seems to be the biggest.

It's my trusty side kick too. It's my favorite vein to register in, because it seems to be the biggest.
Seriously. Going to try out its efficacy later today most likely. I cant believe I've never really noticed that vein before, its literally been just a short distance from my eyes my entire life, but I never thought to check the bicep for veins. This is why I love BL, I learn a ton while feeling like an idiot.

Be very gentle with your bicep veins. Unless my technique is flawless i start to get bruising and i don't get bruising anywhere.

Be very gentle with your bicep veins. Unless my technique is flawless i start to get bruising and i don't get bruising anywhere.

Good to know. Looks like I'll have to be sure to have a fresh rig on hand...preferably of a small gauge.

i already have a bruise. but, i have bruises everywhere i've ever stuck myself. i got some blood drawn last month and the lady taught me some useful info....as soon as you pull the needle out you take a tissue soaked with alcohol and hold it on the spot(you have to use tremendous pressure - it's going to hurt) but def worth it, because you will not get a bruise!! so i try to do it all the time now and if i don't i am definitely getting a nasty bruise.

i already have a bruise. but, i have bruises everywhere i've ever stuck myself. i got some blood drawn last month and the lady taught me some useful info....as soon as you pull the needle out you take a tissue soaked with alcohol and hold it on the spot(you have to use tremendous pressure - it's going to hurt) but def worth it, because you will not get a bruise!! so i try to do it all the time now and if i don't i am definitely getting a nasty bruise.

You don't want to apply a lot of pressure. I don't bruise at all when I inject, and if you bruise I would suggest to try a smaller gauge needle.

If it hurts to hold down that much, you're not doing your body much good. There's a reason that pain is aversive.

I hold an alcohol pad ever so lightly after injecting and my veins look just fine.

You don't want to apply a lot of pressure. I don't bruise at all when I inject, and if you bruise I would suggest to try a smaller gauge needle.

If it hurts to hold down that much, you're not doing your body much good. There's a reason that pain is aversive.

I hold an alcohol pad ever so lightly after injecting and my veins look just fine.
i told the nurse it was hurting and she insisted that if i didn't want a bruise, that i just had to deal with it. it works for me, but i bruise so easily. i will get a bg nasty bruise just from a stick, even if i didn't actually hit or bang there. and man that totally sucks to be covered in bruises from head to toe. i'm using a 30 gauge, i tried a 31 gauge but the stick was so short it wouldn't reach my veins!

I've heard quite frequently that using an alcohol pad after injection isn't a good idea, i mean, it should be sterile before you inject.

Plugging is the way to go :)

Does plugging work for cocaine as well? Are the sensations similar? Sudden rush + audio distortion/euphoria? You talking about mixing in a needle-less syringe with water and just plugging up, or is there a specific ritual?

Does plugging work for cocaine as well? Are the sensations similar? Sudden rush + audio distortion/euphoria? You talking about mixing in a needle-less syringe with water and just plugging up, or is there a specific ritual?

I cannot give you pesonal experience but a very educated guess. There will ba rush but not like IV, slower onset. You should experience all the same effects as iv just not all at once, but faster than oral

I've heard quite frequently that using an alcohol pad after injection isn't a good idea, i mean, it should be sterile before you inject.

It is sterile before, I just use one afterward to keep the blood from staining the skin.

I'm going to guess for cocaine IV is going to be more pleasant, because a lot of (specifically speaking) cocaine users prefer the drug for its near-instant (or instant) onset of effects, so plugging cocaine may not be as euphoric and may not deliver the bellringer you're acustomed to.

However, I would still try it because heavy IV cocaine use will fuck up your veins really quickly.

Femoral and jugular... jugular is a great spot because you get a killer rush, but requires some dextrerity in the mirror and for some people like me you have to hold you breath for a long ass time. Also hot showers hot showers viens will pop up you didn't know you had.