• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Because of Bluelight

Because of Bluelight...
  • I have learned a lot of very useful things about recreational substances that most people don't know, and have taught this information to everyone with whom I partake of such substances.
  • I have noticed the many, many cultural differences between Aussies and other English-speakers, and have taken on the challenge of not perpetuating culture for culture's sake.
  • I have realised that being an atheist doesn't mean I have to be a smug prick, and that I can even be open-minded about views other than my own (taking these ideas and mentally "trying them on").
  • I have revealed that there are other people who have been through parallels of the most nightmarish experiences I have seen, that this is not as uncommon as one might think among psych users, and that the important part of recovering from these experiences is not to give their initial interpretations too much weight.
  • I have discovered music that I would probably never have heard otherwise. Pre-Bluelight me would never have dreamed of listening to the likes of Natural Snow Buildings, Eyedea or Have A Nice Life - and would never have had the opportunity to share these with those outside our community.
  • I have been a part of a community and felt a sense of belonging, which is one big thing that I have struggled with in my offline life.

I may not have made any deeply personal connections here (although there are a number of Bluelighters whom I have immense respect for, despite my cowardice in admitting it), but I do consider every one of you (us!) to be wonderful people who have brightened more of my days than I would be able to count.

Because of bluelight I realized that there's so many people out there that I'd love to meet.
I've become less of a self-centered jerk, I think.
My ADD has never been more active (jumping around from Philosophy to SL&R to Music to the Dark Side to the Cannabis forum for some light reading to the Lounge to tell people off when I'm feeling feisty to Healthy Living for advice on supplements/diets/work-outs)
I've gotten excellent relationship advice
I've learned more about life in general.
So many precious things for me
In my daily life I feel so outcast, though I'm friendly and out-going to as many people as I can be, but I just feel so different from everyone around me, but here I feel almost like a stick in the mud in terms of eccentricity :)
I realized that I am very average, which was a great realization, which partially led to me being less of a self-centered jerk .
I've quit opiates!!!
I was talked out of a bad trip. It was actually a bad acid trip that caused me to stumble upon bluelight in the first place. I was googling ways to not lose my mind on acid, and some bluelight thread was the first thing that I clicked on, and I've been coming back ever since.
Thanks for that! That really helped me out.
I've heard of so many different life situations that it makes me appreciate my own, but also makes me realize that I could be doing a lot more with myself.

I just think this site is so great. The fact that it rejects "SWIM" is awesome, that term is so idiotic.
The majority of the people are interesting in one way or another Hell. I'd be willing to bet that our trolls are better than most of the well respected members of the majority of other forums. Lookin at you Droppersneck ;) haha There's so many smart people on this site, I don't want to insult anyone by forgetting to name anyone, so I'll just say that the vast majority of you guys are awesome people!
I really wish I could crash on someone's couch if I ever did some travelling. I'm hoping I could set something up.
because of bluelight I used molly intelligently with 5-htp, and spacing out my rolls.
I've probably wasted too much time here as well though, let's not kid ourselves. But for all the time wasted, there are innumerable benefits as well.
I really appreciate having you all in my life, and, no matter how I may come across, I really do love you guys as the friends I wish I had in real life.
because of bluelight I decided to go back to college for something that I love!
Bluelight guided me out of the worst of my addiction-phase, and is continually informing my growth as a human being.
because of bluelight I learned that there are countless ways to get sober, AA being but one, rehab being but one.

Last edited:
Because of Bluelight:

- My knowledge is vastly improving on the doseage, side effects, Tolerances, the positive effects, the negative effects and the brain chemistry behind drugs.
- I know im definately not one of the few who like to experiment with these drugs
- read some really interesting trip reports and i feel this forums is a great place for sharing
- Ive promised myself not to do LSD, (Mother is schizophrenic)

@^ Id take it easy on the cannabis aswell :/

BoB

-I have been able to read intelligent perspectives on controversial topics
-Learnt about new drugs
-Tried new drugs
-Bought new clothes
-Decided not to get addicted to meth

because of bluelight........my life has forever been changed in so many ways.
It has been here during some of the worse times and given me much support over the years......
It has brought me happiness, sadness, friendships and heartaches.
It is strange to think of it this way.

I feel the exact same way, this board has brought around the best and worst times of my life and everything inbetween.

I can honestly say that the worst of my addiction was inspite of bluelight, and largely before I ever visited here. My parents don't seem to realize how wholesome this site really is. They think I'm just trying to justify being a druggie by only hearing from people who are addicted and don't see any problem with drug abuse. If they actually took the time to read where I mainly post and read, instead of just randomly clicking on the Trip reports section and acting appalled that such a thing exists, they'd understand that this site is a better use of time than facebook or most of the non-work related sites they go to.
I was able to go cold turkey for 4 months because of the help and motivation I received from bluelight, and it was only a terrible illness/simultaneous heart-break that caused my relapse. I felt ashamed to admit to Bluelight that I had indeed relapsed after how sure of myself I sounded when I was first getting sober two Decembers ago.
Bluelight has been resoundingly a net positive in my life.
It eased my mind in times of trouble.

I love hearing from people about how bluelight prevented them from getting addicted, or bluelight prevented them from killing themselves. Facebook has probably done the exact opposite... :|

Last edited:
^Congrats! :)

I can honestly say that the worst of my addiction was inspite of bluelight, and largely before I ever visited here. My parents don't seem to realize how wholesome this site really is. I was able to go cold turkey for 4 months because of the help and motivation I received from bluelight, and it was only a terrible illness/simultaneous heart-break that caused my relapse. I felt ashamed to admit to Bluelight that I had indeed relapsed after how sure of myself I sounded when I was first getting sober two Decembers ago.
Bluelight has been resoundingly a net positive in my life.
It eased my mind in times of trouble.

I love hearing from people about how bluelight prevented them from getting addicted, or bluelight prevented them from killing themselves. Facebook has probably done the exact opposite... :|

That is so cool CD! ;)<3

Last edited:
i fucking love bluelight.

its taught me sooo much about drugs. before i found this site i was doing E every weekend, and was developing an amp addiction. but after reading about how bad that stuff is for you, and learning that i should be spacing it out and taking harm reduction supplements, etc, i was able to pull myself together while my friends all hit rock bottom.

and now im studying to be a neurologist becausee BL also got me interested in how complex our brains are :)

Because of bluelight I have gained insight and enlightenment about everything from drug knowledge to knowledge about life itself. I've seen all kinds of people with different personalities and mental illnesses interact with each other. By observing, and interacting with some people I have learned more about how people act, what motivates them, how people respond to certain situations, and other interesting and useful info.

Because of bluelight (by proxy) I found my best friend in the whole world, and lost him to an opiate overdose. :( I've also found many other good friends and a few bad ones. Most importantly, because of bluelight I've found love and happiness, discovered new parts of the world I had never seen or known about, and the site has completely changed my life for the better. :)

The site has blown my perceptions of druggie stereotypes out of the water. I've met some pretty "hardcore" addicts who were smarter and more responsible than I'll ever be. As others have said, I've met plenty of people who live functional lives as users/addicts.

While not everything that has happened in my life related to this site has been positive, I feel the positive experiences greatly outweigh the negative ones. Being in this environment has been a good learning experience. The board has lead me to so many important people in my life I just never would have met otherwise. I don't really post much anymore, but I stay in touch with many bluelighters online.

Because of bluelight I've also learned more about myself. I've learned that I am a very private and introverted person, even more so than I already knew. The anonymity of the internet has always made it easier for me to be social, but I'm very happy living completely out of the spotlight. I'm happy and content with just a few important people in my life. I find myself censoring myself even in this thread trying to be vague.

As a moderator, I enjoyed modding OD, but as a senior mod, dealing with the politics and certain people slowly became less fun. Power can certainly affect people even if it's just a position on a message board. Some people are in it to help people, and other people just want to help themselves. IMHO that seems to be what makes the difference between a good mod and a bad one.

- Ive found my missing half <3
- I've become much more knowledgeable, not just with drugs but other things.
- I've got something to do in my free time :)

Im staying up all night in a messy apartment doing dexedrine and doing IT work. All thanks to BL, in a very indirect way.

Indeed. I hope people go back and bump a lot of old threads in here because scrolling through old pages of threads, so much great social interaction with old-schoolers happened here, and everything that hasn't been touched since 2017 or earlier, or archived, will be gone forever. Would be a shame to lose it all. I'll do some myself but I have my hands full with PD...

Because of Bluelight I:

• Didn't lose my mind when I had my "psychedelic renaissance" in 2006 with no one in my real life to talk to about it
  • Made some amazing friends, several of whom moved to the same town as me eventually (coincidentally) and are now family to me and a part of my daily life
  • Through the same friends, met my bandmates and started playing music again which is the best thing I ever did
  • Because of said friends, I was able to have a social life in my town despite my ex-wife trying to isolate me, which gave me the confidence to end it eventually
  • Have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge

Because of Bluelight I have made many wonderful human connections all over the planet. I have met and gotten close to people far outside my own life experience and that has enriched my knowledge as well as my heart. <3

Of the many things Bluelight has given me, the best has been Shambles <3

Because of BL....

I now have cranial instability and carpal tunnel syndrome. I also feel like I've been turned into an animal on a short leash. All I have left is one super short charging cable( constantly kept plugged in to wall) because all my others shot their last wad on me.

But I do learn so much here that's so easy to proccess because it's shared by amazing empathetic humble individuals that don't just talk...they listen to understand.

Yall are just legends. I freaking love yall

Also because of BL....

some of my hope in humanity has been restored. Ive never seen such accountability and investment in the validty of information.

True recovery from addiction does seem to breed some of the most passionate, empathetic , hope chasing spiritual gangsters that Ive ever met!