• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Because of Bluelight

I've become very, very "open-minded" and more accepting of those with "alternative views and opinions".

I'm able more insightful advice if friends come to me with problems, and generally connect with them on the issues more easily. I convinced the percocet abuser at work to practice cold water extraction, so maybe I've helped reduce damage to his liver :)

this really should be slipt into the different forums, but
because of the lounge... i've wasted many hours that i could have used to do more constructive things

because of BL...

*i have become comfortable with who i am.
*i have no problem discussing bizarre sex practices with people
*its pretty hard to say something that will shock or disgust me
*i have met some really great people who have helped me out immensely

Welcome to SO =D
I <3 this thread :)

Keep the responses coming everyone!

because of bluelight:

i have met many wonderful people online and offline of which i wouldn't have had the chance otherwise
i've learnt many valuable facts about drugs i've use, have use and will use
i have used up a lot of time
i have been given a great deal of advice, as well as given advice
i have blown many a loads
many songs have been listened too
many lulz have been had
i have been able to conquer addiction
i have seen some great people pass away
i have put things where they should come out
i have basically experience a lot of what has been mentioned previously here
but most of all i have been united with a great bunch of people who share a similarity with me without criticisms (for the most of it:D)

<3 bluelight

i echo what everyone else has said.

i have met some incredible people from all walks of life from all over the world and their friendship is invaluable to me <3

i have gained vast amounts of maturity and life experience based on some of the advice i have been given/read here.

Because of Bluelight I wound up with a girl in Adelaide (Australia) for a couple months.

Keep in mind, I live in Los Angeles...

bump!

come on SO, you guys must've gained a lot from BL as well! :)

felix said:
i've improved my photography skills massively, thanks to the photo competitions and the comments from people who are FAR better than me. i now usually carry a post-it in my wallet with a list of upcoming competitions and see the world through potential photos :)

Because of bluelight,

-I've learned the perfect reciepe for special brownies.
-I got to tell people from all over the world that I allow my boyfriend to piss on me and I've given him a blumpkin.
-I've given/gotten amazing advice on things I didn't think anyone else out there went through.
-I have learned a countless number of important (and sometimes completely random and useless...but fun, nonetheless!) facts.
-I decided not to kill myself once.
-I have experienced life throuh the eyes of a million different equally amazing human beings, and I am very thankful!

Bluelight is fucking awesome. I'm still dreaming of bluelight short shorts that I will someday be wearing and posting pictures of my wonderful ass in! Muuuuah!

I have nothing really dramatic to say, and have little in common with most of the more popular members of this board: I almost never do drugs, have never been to a rave, nor am I particularly outgoing in general. I haven't met any BLers in "real life", nor am I going to Amsterdam.

That said, I also admit that since I stumbled across this board pretty much by accident, it has turned out to have the most amazing members, the funniest stories, and the most laid-back feel of any board I've visited. I've learned more about people through this board than through any other (for better or worse), and every PM I get or compliment I'm given sends a little thrill up my spine. Some BLers have helped me with personal problems, or asked about my own.

There are people who go to bars to unwind, to a place "where everybody knows your name", and I come here: where there are always new posts, always new stories, and always something to remind me that I'm more than just a loner who works in a sandwich shop, but that there's a whole other community that (sometimes) listens and who would miss me if I went. To be a member of BL is to be privy to the future of social relations, enacted here and on other boards across the 'Net, and I feel deeply privileged to be a part of it.

Thank you all. :)

I've made some amazing friends across the world
I know more about myself and other people than I ever thought I would
I've learned a ton of stuff in general
I've done drugs that most people have never heard of
I've seen people grow and watched as their dreams have come true

<3

*bump*

Tell us what you guys have gained from Bluelight! :)

Bizzump in tha hizzay!

- I have learnt that some people use forks when doing number twos ;)
- I have a place to go when I don't want to think.
- I have a place to go when I wan't to read certain things.
- Found a select number of members whose posts I specifically look out for.
- Have taken more care with my consumables ;)
- Met some uber radical people, PLUR BITCHES, LOVE YOU ALL <3 =D

There's more, that will suffice for now.