6.6 ~ Starscape Music & Arts Festival ~ Baltimore, MD

too bad i already have my tickets for phish that night, or else i would be there.
the bridge seems kind of out of place IMO, different style of music entirely.

Monsters Of Jungle have only been at one other event. Fall Massive. Now of those DJ's some have been booked solo. Especially Dieselboy. I also see the repetition but luckily for me I like most of the guys on the MOJ roster. The whole MOJ crew has a strong bond with Steez Promo. if you want a more definitive answer you'll have to go straight to the horses mouth.

I totally understand. I think last year it was evol intent and dsl, I could be wrong. Not really my cup of tea but I always feel like I see the same names especially with dnb. I went in 2005 and it also wasn't my thing. Mainly because the lack of restrooms (except porto-potties), no running water, being eaten alive by insects, etc. Ps-Imma female and must have a well lite restroom with a sink and soap to feel comfortable even if it's a nasty club bathroom.:(

SS has a stable of "residents" ,if you will, that are there year in and year out. Namely, Scott Henry, Charles Feelgood, and Dieselboy.

Im just always seeing dsl everywhere! I know times are tough but I like variety!

Yeah, well unfortunately you lose certain liberties when it come to attending an outdoor event @ a city park. lol Trust me, I would love to have a sink to wash my hands in after using the br.

tingtangman, I'm not sure I follow you. ???

have you ever seen the bridge? that is all im getting at, not really the same style of music. they are def. a more jam type band. they fit in kind of seeing as how the biscuits are playing, but just from personal observation, they are liked by a different group of kids.

Not saying they wouldnt rock it though, because i for one do need a break from the electronic music every once in a while at a fest like this.

oooOOOoooh. lol sorry. I thought you were speaking of the beach area music overlooking the actual bridge crossing the bay, not the band, The Bridge. Durp.

I dunno, I never heard them before. Less Bassnectar and a few min of TDB, I tend to stay main tent most of the party. I do know they have been bringing in an increasingly wider range of music over the past few years. That venue can hold a lot more people than the amount of people that have attended in years past (last year was about 8,000 tix sales) so I guess they are trying to get more heads to attend.

In past years have hotel booked up early? And what kinda rates should I expect? Im thinking at that time in summer gonna cost at LEAST $100 for an ok room.

Are any bl'ers planning on splitting rooms or sticking to a specific hotel? We dont have to MENTION locations on here but a simple yes or no would be good.

after br2 ya dig.

Not me personally cuz I live not too far away so I just have an AP @ my house.

But, if you are going the hotel route it might be worth looking in to rates specifically around the Curtis Bay, MD or Hawkins Point, MD area. Hawkins Point is the exact spot where SS is held so you will get a hotel much closer to the venue than if you were to search Baltimore, MD. GL

Cool deal, love the ap idea... PsychloneJack informed me we have a house to crash at as well.....

Very excited about everything :D Only worried about money.

as usual, this will be a great event... despite people bitching about the lineup. and as usual, I'll be there.

I've been the last couple years and have had a great time. the bluelight meetups, though, have been mildly dissapointing, probally because of my poor social skills. that and last year half the people stayed at the hotel.

ill be in the area again this year, but I haven't decided if I'm gonna go yet.

I unfortunately can't make it, but share your energy with me...I'll be sharing my energy with you.

And hello there.;)

I'm going to use a little cosmic-mojo-reverse-psychology here.

For the third time, I will be going (Allah willing), but I will most certainly miss, ignore, and completely avoid anyone with any slight connection with Bluelight. There now.

Though I would be happy to associate some faces with avatars, I will utterly piss on the very glimmer of that possibility, so that might have a chance of being pleasantly disappointed.