• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how to deal with shakes and poor circulation (from meth)?

mrs_mia_wallace

Bluelighter
I'll preface this by saying that none of these side effects are in any way affecting my ability to perform my job safely...

That said, I’m a daily meth user and I get the worst shakes from it, and my super pale and translucent skin isn’t very good at hiding the poor circulation that results from it (besides the cold hands and feet my veins become obvious, skin sometimes become red and blue)

Both have always been a pretty promiment side effect of this shit for me but it doesn’t bother me physically and not really anywhere but work... where I’m supposed to wear a leotard and shorts or yoga pants… kind of hard to hide the skin stuff with bare arms and occasional bare legs... and when I’m constantly grabbing kid’s hands or fixing their positions, helping them do exercises, spotting them occasionally and demonstrating shit with my hands… the shakiness is kind of oblivious, and is getting me some weird looks.

Is there anything I can take/do to try and combat these side effects?

i dont know but i would consider seeing a doctor for an opinion at the least, this to me sounds worrying. do you ever go long periods without food because the low glucose could be causing this. try and drink protein shakes at least and some fruit

^^^
Probably the peripheral effects of stimulants. Unfortunately I dunno of anyway to cancel them out.

Stimulants (to the best of my knowledge) are vasoconstrictors.. personally what I like to do, is make tea with ginko or buy a cayenne pepper extract, or if you have any ginger? Those all and improve circulation a bit.

I noticed losing sensation in my hands from having a lot of caffeine (and I live in New England) so it's very cold.. but using shit like cayenne to stimulate blood circulation helps.

eat more- if you're active all day on amps you're gonna get shaky unless you make a conscious effort to eat even when you're not hungry... or maybe take a lower dose, but that isn't usually the most popular solution...

the best thing to do would be to get off meth. that drug can really fuck up your life. the quality of your life is at stake

If you stop doing it you'll return back to normal.

I had the same issue with the shakes but I'm fine now.

Start taking supplements to and eat healthy. I have no problems eating on meth/amps so I always made sure to eat like I normally would and that helps A LOT.

If you go to the doctor they are likely to give you hypertension drugs and diuretics. MY way to deal with the situation however, is to drink the full requirement (2 times body weight (lbs) in ounces per day) and take a few hypertension herbs like Ashwagandha, Black cohosh, Calamus, Cayenne, Celery seeds, Garlic, Ginger, Gotu kola, Hawthorne berry, Kelp, Maitake Mushroom, Mistletoe, Passion Flower, Skullcap and Valerian. Ginkgo biloba works best for me.

Last edited:
Thanks guys... it's gotten worse today so I'm just going to keep pushing fluids and try some of the above mentioned herbs/vitamins.

And weed helps you stop shaking?

Doesn't using meth sorta go against the whole yoga thing?

Anyway, this sounds like a nutrition issue...I'd definitely look into taking some vitamin supplements as well as trying to eat 'normally', or at least as close to normal as daily meth use permits. It sounds like you don't get hardly enough protein, so I would definitely start there. I rely on a lot of protein daily and if I don't get enough, I get awfully shaky as well.

Weed makes me twitch like crazy... I don't reccomend it.

Yoga would help immensely. Studies show it can increase GABA levels (the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter) by 27%. It basically relieves physical tension, anxiety, insomnia. Decreases heart rate, reduces blood pressure. Elevates pain threshold, and reduces compulsivety. It also increases levels of human growth hormone.

my doc told me beta blockers would stop the shaking hands of a nervous celloist before a performance

I kinda always admire people who can use hardcore drugs daily and perform their job in any way.

I could never do that. Drugs or job.

Weed makes me twitch like crazy... I don't reccomend it.

Yoga would help immensely. Studies show it can increase GABA levels (the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter) by 27%. It basically relieves physical tension, anxiety, insomnia. Decreases heart rate, reduces blood pressure. Elevates pain threshold, and reduces compulsivety. It also increases levels of human growth hormone.

Yeah, I just hate yoga. :\ I find it really boring, I love really intense work outs where I'm running/jumping and sweating... I can't sit still and hold stretches (which don't even feel like they're doing anything to me) and meditate or whatever, I'm too bored.

Intherapy22, haha, thanks for the admiration? I guess the one thing I do excel in is my daily meth use and ability to show up to work. =D

When I get twitched out from speed, I use a strong indica.. helps me a bit. Try it, if it works go for it.. if it doesn't stand on me for my poor recommendation.

If you don't like yoga, you can always try (sorry to sound hippyish) stretching and meditation. Controlling the way you breathe controls the way you think and feel (I've been doing martial arts the passed 5 or 6 years.. key ingredient to martial arts, in class or fighting, is breathing).