Bluelight

Thread: how to deal with shakes and poor circulation (from meth)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    how to deal with shakes and poor circulation (from meth)? 
    I'll preface this by saying that none of these side effects are in any way affecting my ability to perform my job safely...

That said, Iím a daily meth user and I get the worst shakes from it, and my super pale and translucent skin isnít very good at hiding the poor circulation that results from it (besides the cold hands and feet my veins become obvious, skin sometimes become red and blue)

Both have always been a pretty promiment side effect of this shit for me but it doesnít bother me physically and not really anywhere but work... where Iím supposed to wear a leotard and shorts or yoga pantsÖ kind of hard to hide the skin stuff with bare arms and occasional bare legs... and when Iím constantly grabbing kidís hands or fixing their positions, helping them do exercises, spotting them occasionally and demonstrating shit with my handsÖ the shakiness is kind of oblivious, and is getting me some weird looks.

Is there anything I can take/do to try and combat these side effects?

2. Collapse Details

Sex Love & Relationships
    i dont know but i would consider seeing a doctor for an opinion at the least, this to me sounds worrying. do you ever go long periods without food because the low glucose could be causing this. try and drink protein shakes at least and some fruit

3. Collapse Details

I don't think it's dangerous or a sign of not eating? Just
    a common side effect?

4. Collapse Details

^^^
    Probably the peripheral effects of stimulants. Unfortunately I dunno of anyway to cancel them out.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Stimulants (to the best of my knowledge) are vasoconstrictors.. personally what I like to do, is make tea with ginko or buy a cayenne pepper extract, or if you have any ginger? Those all and improve circulation a bit.

I noticed losing sensation in my hands from having a lot of caffeine (and I live in New England) so it's very cold.. but using shit like cayenne to stimulate blood circulation helps.

6. Collapse Details

Thanks I'll try it out.

Any advice for the shakes?

7. Collapse Details

eat more- if you're active all day on amps you're gonna get shaky unless you make a conscious effort to eat even when you're not hungry... or maybe take a lower dose, but that isn't usually the most popular solution...

8. Collapse Details

the best thing to do would be to get off meth. that drug can really fuck up your life. the quality of your life is at stake

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    If you stop doing it you'll return back to normal.

I had the same issue with the shakes but I'm fine now.

Start taking supplements to and eat healthy. I have no problems eating on meth/amps so I always made sure to eat like I normally would and that helps A LOT.

10. Collapse Details

If you go to the doctor they are likely to give you hypertension drugs and diuretics. MY way to deal with the situation however, is to drink the full requirement (2 times body weight (lbs) in ounces per day) and take a few hypertension herbs like Ashwagandha, Black cohosh, Calamus, Cayenne, Celery seeds, Garlic, Ginger, Gotu kola, Hawthorne berry, Kelp, Maitake Mushroom, Mistletoe, Passion Flower, Skullcap and Valerian. Ginkgo biloba works best for me.
    Last edited by Tsukasa; 05-02-2009 at 03:31.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_mia_wallace View Post
    Thanks I'll try it out.

Any advice for the shakes?
    weed?

12. Collapse Details

Thanks guys... it's gotten worse today so I'm just going to keep pushing fluids and try some of the above mentioned herbs/vitamins.

And weed helps you stop shaking?

13. Collapse Details

Doesn't using meth sorta go against the whole yoga thing?

Anyway, this sounds like a nutrition issue...I'd definitely look into taking some vitamin supplements as well as trying to eat 'normally', or at least as close to normal as daily meth use permits. It sounds like you don't get hardly enough protein, so I would definitely start there. I rely on a lot of protein daily and if I don't get enough, I get awfully shaky as well.

14. Collapse Details

Who's doing yoga here?

15. Collapse Details

Weed makes me twitch like crazy... I don't reccomend it.

Yoga would help immensely. Studies show it can increase GABA levels (the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter) by 27%. It basically relieves physical tension, anxiety, insomnia. Decreases heart rate, reduces blood pressure. Elevates pain threshold, and reduces compulsivety. It also increases levels of human growth hormone.

16. Collapse Details

my doc told me beta blockers would stop the shaking hands of a nervous celloist before a performance

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shepj View Post
    . but using shit like cayenne to stimulate blood circulation helps.

plus warms your bottom the next day when your leaving a dump

18. Collapse Details

I kinda always admire people who can use hardcore drugs daily and perform their job in any way.

I could never do that. Drugs or job.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Weed makes me twitch like crazy... I don't reccomend it.

Yoga would help immensely. Studies show it can increase GABA levels (the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter) by 27%. It basically relieves physical tension, anxiety, insomnia. Decreases heart rate, reduces blood pressure. Elevates pain threshold, and reduces compulsivety. It also increases levels of human growth hormone.
    Yeah, I just hate yoga. I find it really boring, I love really intense work outs where I'm running/jumping and sweating... I can't sit still and hold stretches (which don't even feel like they're doing anything to me) and meditate or whatever, I'm too bored.

Intherapy22, haha, thanks for the admiration? I guess the one thing I do excel in is my daily meth use and ability to show up to work.

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    When I get twitched out from speed, I use a strong indica.. helps me a bit. Try it, if it works go for it.. if it doesn't stand on me for my poor recommendation.

If you don't like yoga, you can always try (sorry to sound hippyish) stretching and meditation. Controlling the way you breathe controls the way you think and feel (I've been doing martial arts the passed 5 or 6 years.. key ingredient to martial arts, in class or fighting, is breathing).

21. Collapse Details

^ Like his tweaked out mind won't find sitting and breathing (most peoples idea of meditation) even more boring...

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shepj View Post
    When I get twitched out from speed, I use a strong indica.. helps me a bit. Try it, if it works go for it.. if it doesn't stand on me for my poor recommendation.

If you don't like yoga, you can always try (sorry to sound hippyish) stretching and meditation. Controlling the way you breathe controls the way you think and feel (I've been doing martial arts the passed 5 or 6 years.. key ingredient to martial arts, in class or fighting, is breathing).
    Indica? Not sure what that is, sorry.

I'm OK with Pilates, but does that do the same thing for your body or no? I at least feel like I'm burning so calories/building up some strength from that.

I do an hour of alternating 15 minutes of stretching with 15 minutes of strengthening exercises everyday but it doesn't usually help my breathing.

Meditation I cannot do, even not on tweak I can't sit still like for more than a minute.

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_mia_wallace View Post
    Indica? Not sure what that is, sorry.

I'm OK with Pilates, but does that do the same thing for your body or no? I at least feel like I'm burning so calories/building up some strength from that.

I do an hour of alternating 15 minutes of stretching with 15 minutes of strengthening exercises everyday but it doesn't usually help my breathing.

Meditation I cannot do, even not on tweak I can't sit still like for more than a minute.
    an Indica is the sedating couch-lock form of weed.

Although it may be a pain in the ass to do.. if you can just try to occasionally think about your breathing pattern (maybe you don't need to sit down or take a break) but simply think about it.. take a deep breath, always relaxes you a little bit. I don't know if it will help at all.. but I'm just trying to make suggestions.

24. Collapse Details

Asprin helps when the blood becomes thick, but it isn't suitible for everyone.

Best thing is to go a bit slower on the meth, eat properly and light massage can help too.
    Shakes are a nerve issue and can take time to go away, should prolly see a doctor about it; there may be some info specific to your needs that you need to know.

25. Collapse Details

maybe some mild benzo or opioid to fight the shakes, but obviously this is not the best solution as you might get addicted to them also.

so the best answer is to stop taking meth or take a lower dose. that shit really does fuck your life up. peace out and take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast