• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

butalbital with codeine

I've tried Butalbital without the caffeine/acetaminopen or caffeine/aspirin formulation and found that 400mg wasn't so bad. Subtle sedation and some drowsiness but I felt nice to the head, pleasant. Without caffeine its rather nice at doses around 400mg.

I have fiorinal #3 like the OP, and took one while I had a bad headache, and noticed next to no effects, didn't really feel relaxed at all, even 60-90mg of codeine would be far stronger.

would it be safe to take 2 or 3 next time?

i had some of these pills a couple years back. they gave me a decent buzz and the caffeine didnt seem to be an issue, however, at the time i was taking several hundred mg of caffeine daily as it is. but recently, now that ive just about sworn off caffeine all together (i somehow seem to have gotten very sensitive to it, perhaps just getting older? ;P), i feel like it would dull the sedating effects quite a bit. barbs are a nasty class of drugs to start taking IMO anyway, seeing as they have a high addiction potential.

I have fiorinal #3 like the OP, and took one while I had a bad headache, and noticed next to no effects, didn't really feel relaxed at all, even 60-90mg of codeine would be far stronger.

would it be safe to take 2 or 3 next time?
Yes, just keep track of how much APAP you are doing. Don't go over 4 grams in a day. Less is better.

Just figure, a cup of coffee has 100mg Caffeine. So if you eat 3 of them you've consumed a cup of coffee with 90mg Codeine and 150mg Butalbital. So it does decrease the sedation significantly.

i had some of these pills a couple years back. they gave me a decent buzz and the caffeine didnt seem to be an issue, however, at the time i was taking several hundred mg of caffeine daily as it is. but recently, now that ive just about sworn off caffeine all together (i somehow seem to have gotten very sensitive to it, perhaps just getting older? ;P), i feel like it would dull the sedating effects quite a bit. barbs are a nasty class of drugs to start taking IMO anyway, seeing as they have a high addiction potential.

Just took 3 w/ codeine and feel AWESOME!

Idk i know three to four gets me a nice energetic opiate warmth but opiates n caffeine for me always work great together like id use to two norcos n down a monster before school n be floatin n have an increased understanding of math