• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What age do babies start crawling?

merdenoms

Bluelighter
My wife and I have a newborn daughter. She is about 2 weeks old. She loves to lay and fall asleep on my chest while she is laying on her chest. Well today I noticed she kept scooting around on my stomach like she was trying to crawl.
So I layed a blanket on the floor and placed her on her stomach. She slowly started using her feet and hands to push herself across the floor
Is this normal for only a 2 week old? lol

from memory its usually after a few months .... 2 weeks is very early to be crawling

what an evolved little being you have brought into this world

congratulations and I wish you all the best ~ you must be stoked

can we see a picture ?

I wanna see your litttle one skipping @ 6 months, hehehe ;)

um i thought babies couldn't even hold their head up after a couple months wtf

what are you feeding this kid??

congratulations :)
i haven't had a baby yet so i cant appropriately answer your question.. although from what i can remember my little cousin started crawling close to 2 months after birth (i think!)

=D

img0552me3.jpg

img0577ig3.jpg

it got nice eyes, but don't count on them stayin that way. They always change, my lil cousin used to have eyes that color and then they turned blue and now there brown. Its weird.

Yea, her eyes are like solid grey right now. No clue what color they will be. I have blue eyes and my wife has dark brown. My daughters white/japanese.
:)

um i thought babies couldn't even hold their head up after a couple months wtf

Some babies can lift their heads up from birth if laid on their stomach. They just can't hold their heads steady while seated for awhile longer.

My oldest started "scooting" like you described around 5-6 weeks.

Crawling can start any time between about 2 months until after a year.

Unlike rolling over, sitting up, walking, ect., crawling is not a defined milestone in child development, some babies never crawl, or don't start until after they begin walking.

Very very cute baby! I find most mixed race people are very attractive - I'm sure she's gonna be a stunner. Congratulations, you must be very proud.

Congratulations merdenoms! She is just divine <3

It sounds like she is pulling herself along/moving herself around on her belly, rather than actual crawling? Is this correct?
As candygram said, crawling happens at different times from one individual baby to the next. My nephew and his baby cousins all started crawling around the 2-3 month mark. Things like sitting up and rolling over etc can take a bit longer to develop because they need more muscles to do it with.

typical age range is 6-8 mos for crawling, her muscles aren't developed enough yet.

your daughter is beautiful! her eyes will probably be brown since they're gray right now. my daughter (half chinese, half white) had the prettiest gray eyes when she was a baby, now they're brown; makes me kinda sad they didn't stay gray (i have green eyes, we wanted her to get my eye color b/c her eyes are the almond shaped).

I was wondering as my baby started pushing himself up at 2 weeks but he's been able to hold his head up since birth now he's 5 weeks and he crawled properly for first time today