• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

phenethylamine (pea) + l-deprenyl and adderall safety

f13nd

Bluelighter
I was wondering if taking l-deprenyl along with pea would be safe to do if I use adderall(40mg)
About 3-5 days a week. I would use the two in the same day, and will try to cut back on adderall use for the following few days once the mao-b is taken, but I'm wondering do I have to dose l-deprenyl every day for it to have mao-b inhibitor activity, I know its an irreversible one so I'm wondering if just one or a few will keep pea working for a few days then if I have to go back to normal amps. Basically I'm only worried about possible toxicity or negative interactions with DA and a maob possibly in my blood and along with amp (if used in lower doses would it be safe until it wears off?)

The inhibition of MAO-B lasts two weeks i believe, during that time it will not be safe to take adderal, 2mg of AMP gave me something that felt like a hypertensive crisis while on deprenyl, i cant imagine what 40mg would feel like!
its ridiculous that as soon as two BLers post reports of the danger, suspected toxicity, and addiction potential of PEA+deprenyl your consider trying it out yourself...cant say it dident cross my mind as well;)

Ive had PEA for a while now, I just haven't actually used the jumex (deprenyl) with it. At about 500mg-1g I felt a rush and maybe 20 minutes of enjoyable buzz.
I didn't post this because the others, I simply had tried PEA with amp, and it was ok, and I've used kava, tobacco, and hordenine to try to inhibit maob.

I just was wondering how long would it be before I could safely return to my dosage if I took it once, and also if taking it once makes pea active for that 2 weeks.

Wasn't aware at the time others had posts about this.

Deprenyl has awful oral bioavailability (4%, I believe), so it's unlikely that there'll be a dangerous amount of inhibition with one dose, though it might increase the potency of your amp dose.

I tried 5 mg amphetamine insufflated while on 5mg/day deprenyl, and felt dysphoric and bizarrely sedated, followed by a mild (hypertensive?) headache. While my response was strange, it's definitely not a 'safe' combination by any stretch of the term.

One could play with taking the l-deprenyl on a less-than-daily basis with amphetamine, but this is still dangerous territory.

I would begin VERY carefully, with a truly tiny dose.
Some people have observed dramatic increases in stimulant potency....in a bad way.

I've used Deprenyl and Amphetamine together on 10+ occasions and never noticed and difference at all. But proceed with caution, as others have said.

i have had deprenyl with meth and only had a problem when the remnant pseudoephedrine content was sufficient - and caused a hypotensive crisis which i suspect was caused by excessive vasodilation (my skin became very cold and my orthostatic blood pressure regulation became inadequate and i had to lay perfectly horizontal to avoid hypoxia occurring on any elevated part, and after the orthostatic hypotension started to abate i was able to stand up without seeing stars and i jumped in a hot shower which i stayed under until my bits unshrank). i don't think there is any contraindication of amphetamine and deprenyl... but there may be some potentiation i doubt there is very much.

i personally found that deprenyl dramatically improved the functional improvement effects of methamphetamine and diminished the negative effects like urge to redose and jonesing. also i have friends who have used deprenyl patches and claim they have a much better effect than oral deprenyl, the thing they would say was that oral deprenyl increases PEA levels too much. also as mentioned the residual mao-a inhibition of deprenyl lasts a long time after cessation. there was something more in relation to this but i can't remember now.

Wouldn?t deprenyl be best used during amphetamine withdrawl to limit the side effects?

I don't think that MAOIs will help that much for amphetamine w/d.

Also this thread was from 2009, 9 years ago.