• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Wild Dagga/Leonurine anticholinergic? Eerie hallucinations...

hamhurricane

Bluelighter
Thrown in with an order of Salvia, i received a sample bag of 10x Wild Dagga extract. I was curious about the effects, so i filled a bowl with powder and took a series of deep long drags. it delivered pretty much what i expected - a mild but real high that lasted about half an hour, nothing to write home about. this is where it gets weird...

later that night i started walking into my friends room to grab a book, for a split second i saw him laying in his bed, then he was gone. the hallucination was so real that it stopped me dead in my tracks. i never have frank hallucinations like this.
later again that night i was taking a shower and in the same fashion for a split second i saw the bathroom door opening, but it was not real. this was extremely creepy and if i had been alone in the apartment im sure i would have been scared. the sort of things that were happing seemed very reminiscent of the hallucinations people experience on anticholinergic drugs. do Leonurine or other Dagga alkaloids often have such an effect?

Last edited:
dude i have a wild dagga bush thats taller than i am, i thought it was total crap to smoke. but i could get pounds of flowers every week. do you sugest extracting it?

how long were you having frank hallucinations?

was your friends name frank?

^Hehe :)

I've smoked dagga plenty of times, in extract form and just plain flowers. Nothing much to write home about for me....I thought it had effects on adrenaline.

Havnt had those effects from wild dagga. Maybe you live in a haunted house.

^Haunted with the ghosts of all frank's that have come before us.

I get a good, stone from dagga flower extract, but have never had it cause an anticholinergic type hallucination...

I hear Wild Dagga can actually be a pretty potent stone if made into hash. As I recall some even make it into bubble hash and hash oil. I wouldn't bother smoking Dagga flowers again but I'd smoke Dagga hash or hash oil in a heart beat :)

Anyone who likes smoking Wild Dagga- you'll prob. really dig smoking Pedicularis or Scutellaria.

Catnip if extracted into resin form also makes a pleasant smoke actually.

on second inspection it was actually 20x, does anyone know Leonurine's MOA, its doing something in the brain...

dagga's psychoactive properties haven't been fully researched. so it may well have alkaloids that cause hallucinations. i mean, hell, we know mescaline has the alkaloids to cause hallucinations, and it's been in use for thousands of years, and researched to hell and back, and we still don't know exactly why or how it's doing it... but as far as swim's experience with dagga, swim told me it just made his sweat and made him paranoid. a definite effect, but nothing like hallucinations.

I hear Wild Dagga can actually be a pretty potent stone if made into hash. As I recall some even make it into bubble hash and hash oil. I wouldn't bother smoking Dagga flowers again but I'd smoke Dagga hash or hash oil in a heart beat :)

Anyone who likes smoking Wild Dagga- you'll prob. really dig smoking Pedicularis or Scutellaria.

Catnip if extracted into resin form also makes a pleasant smoke actually.

You are right about the pedicularis:)

Ah, good to see you, Egor. I always enjoy your contributions to threads.

It's a shame no vendors seem to carry the rarer, more potent Scutellarias. I'd love to get my hands on some Scutellaria nana/indica, baicelensis, galericuta, etc. Supposedly these Scutellaria species are one of the most potent smokeable herbal stones on the market (weight wise). One can only imagine then how stoning they might be if refined into resins.

Have you tried any of these, Ego? I sometimes wonder if a vendor had really concentrated resin extracts of Pedicularis, Wild Dagga, Scutellaria as to how potent a blend of the 3 he could create and how close would the effects come to Mexican commercial grade MJ.

Also wish a vendor would sell blends of Red Poppy, Yellow Horned Poppy, Wild Lettuce, Tibetan Poppy, Icelandic Poppy, Prickly Poppy, and California Poppy resins mixed together. Surely all of those mixed into one resin blend might be quite Opiate-ish.

^I've tried out various Sculleteria species, as well as catnp (plain herb) and California Poppy, also lettuce "opium" to absolutely nil effect. What do you mean when you describe a good "stone", as in a feeling reminiscent of marijunana?

I seem to recall reading on another botanicals forum that a certain substance extracted from california poppy had pronounced GABAnergic effects. I'll have to dig that one up though, so don't quote me on that....

Nothing about the molecular structure of leonurine jumps out and barks "drug-like" to me. It might be a decent starting point for synthetic mescaline, but in no way worth the effort of methylating the 4-hydroxy group. Most of the limited anecdotal reports on the interweb describe a cannabinoimimetic psychical effect--I know from your posts discussing the JWH series of compounds that you tend to have reasonably intense responses to cannabinoids... I'm really just pulling this out of my ass, however.

^Wild dagge, or lionstail, is different obviously. Hence the "wild".

I'm high on wild dagga right now, and I can tell you that whatever is meant by "stone" when it's used to describe this plant in this thread, it's not like MJ. It's different in some weird way. I suppose it feels a bit GABAergic, maybe glutaminergic. It's definitely anti-nociceptive. I don't know if stone is right right word... more like a buzz than a stone to me. Mood lift, weak euphoria, slight time distortion... a strange sense of everything being separated into parts, or sections, though that may be a personally unique effect.
I have discovered that when treated to a journey through a grinder, wild dagga produces a fair amount of kief, more than even potent cannabis of the same weight would. If I take a large of this kief, I really feel as if time stops for a moment and my reality resets itself in a new and much better way.

Not sure if anyone else already mentioned this but you said you got it with an order of Salvia - you weren't smoking it in the same bowl you smoked Salvia or other hallucinogens (like DMT) in perhaps? It's normal for residue to persist and be carried over into further smoking attempts with other material. I've had DMT and 5-MeO-DMT colour my experiences when re-using pipes they were smoked in.

I've never heard of hallucinations with Dagga so that would be my first suspect, particularly if the Dagga potentiated the effects of any said left behind residue/material.