• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

kittychew

Greenlighter
Is there any cure for restless leg syndrome when you're withdrawing from opiates? I don't have access to any other drugs like Valium or Xanax. I'm looking for something I can just buy at the drug store.

Please?

thats easy. methadone or suboxone. haha. too bad your not in CA. tylenol #1 is otc here. quick cold water extraction to get all the acetaminophen out and youve got something to ease the pain.

I know of nothing OTC that might ease the restless leg symptoms.. well Tylenol as someone wrote.
Though i have read a lot of posters write about overdosing Immodium (loperamid), some say it eases physical withdrawal symptoms in high doses. Never tried myself though!

u really need to get a benzo for this, as it is the only thing that ever helped me

i remember 1 night i had em bad, i ate a gross amount of seroquel, drank, buncha immodium, smoked a ton of chronic, and i was laying in bed with my mind on its off switch while my legs still kicked like clockwork every 30 seconds. horrible.

Whats tylenol 1?? I live in Cali and never heard of it.

To the OP, Heres my list.

-Immodium 6-10mg doses
-Hot baths
-Alcohol(if you're 21)
-Valerian root
-Unisom
-Benadryl
-Motrin, or tylenol
-Lots of movies, video games that keep you entertained

What is your habit? I am currently on my 6th of completely cold turkey, from 80mg a day oxycontin habit. Still can't sleep but feeling good.

i had this BAD in rehab i would not take anything narcotic so they gave me 2 lil cups of nyquil and tbqh it worked. dunno how bad your withdrawl/habit is but if you dont have a benzo to calkm your body down you might be sol

I have always had restless leg syndrome so i got tossed a script to Xanies for it like a bag of candy. seems to work quite well.

How old are you?? ^^^^^^

What can i expect to get going to see the doctor about this being 16? I have pretty Constant restless legs after stressful events, like Colds, stressful days, and withdrawls.

There are several restless legs/leg cramp medications that are OTC. At least 2 contain Quinine with other ingredients, which may help. Go to the grocery store/pharmacy and look. They are there.

8 - 10mg of Imodium will settle your legs - not to mention the rest of your WD symptoms.

Trust me, I've been taking the shit for the past 3 weeks in place of Suboxone. It works. You might need a tad bit more, but you shouldn't need much more. And remember, Imodium is an opiate, so you will have to taper off of it. It's very easy to do though.

I've heard a lot about Imodium here, but wasn't sure if it actually worked. If it does why isn't it more widely known?
How many mg's are the pills usually?

help, restless legs

i am on my second day off suboxone and my legs are constantly needing to be mov ed twitched or jerked around, i dont know how to stop it or what i can do i havent gotten any sleep in the past two days/nights, none at all someone please help, i was put on phenobarb and celebres i think thats what there called ergo spelling. thanks, ex-opiate addict,

restless legs sucks. i'm kept up because i always have a need to situate myself into a better, more comfortable position, that felt fine ten seconds ago.
benadryl only seems to make it worse.

RLS/muscle cramps are just part of the WD. Not much you can do about it. Never WDed from opiates but have WDed from kratom which gave me nasty RLS.

Benadryl greatly aggravates it for me so I definitely would not recommend that.

I find that phenibut and weed are 2 things that can help a little. Phenibut is the most effective of the 2 but you can only take it for a few days. Tolerance will skyrocket. Oral cannabis may be more effective than smoked although the combination of the 2 would probably work the best.

Taking a hot bath will alleviate the symptoms while your in the water and for a few minutes after so when it becomes unbearable you should try that.